Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Holiday Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

enkilleridos
11.04.2013 , 06:23 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Spoiler alert: "A part" and "Apart" are antonyms... confuse them and your post has an entirely different meaning.
Thank you kind sir.

abercromb
11.05.2013 , 08:22 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
The capacity of the human spirit to find new things to argue about always inspires me.
This should be the warning post players get before they get to add anything to these forums.

MasterPromithes
11.06.2013 , 03:24 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by James_four View Post
Thank you for the warning about double xp so that I can be sure to unsubscribe before then. I really do not like being forced to participate in this and will avoid logging in during that time.

What sucked the most was when I had subscribed for a 6 month block and then had double xp weekends arrive. Customer service wasn't even able to cancel my account early. I did not care about the lost money. I just didn't want to be subscribed during double xp. I felt like I had wasted my money.

In short, I want to play during double xp weekends with the option to get not get any bonus xp from anything. I do not like being forced to participate in double xp weekends. I feel like no one listens though.
That's because you are the only one I have ever seen with this issue.
Jolee Bindo=Resident badarse of the Old Republic

The capacity of the human spirit to find new things to argue about always inspires me.

MasterPromithes
11.06.2013 , 03:33 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheike View Post
The majority of this game's development time has been to support PvE, what exactly is wrong with PvP getting some attention?

Nothing, In fact this x-pac gives me hope for an update of the PvE Space Combat. As someone who rarely PVPs due to an imbalance of both gear and experience this will give me a chance to PVP in a setting where most people are starting off on relatively equal footing (for subscribers atleast).

EDIT

What can we expect in terms of updating the crafting system? My main is at 450 Artifice and it seems to me that crafting is a waste of time unless you take BioChem. Not too mention with the release of all the unique looking crystals on the Cartel Market, the main attraction for Artifice is gone. As well the second best part of artifice was never the hilt but the relics you could craft. I was sad to see that we had not been given an updated relic to craft.
Jolee Bindo=Resident badarse of the Old Republic

Lyshar
11.07.2013 , 12:50 AM | #105
Quote:
As Thanksgiving Season approaches, you are at the top of our list of things we are thankful for. We receive a lot of support from you, the players, and its really because of you that we are able to continue development on this game we love so much. Wed like to show a tiny measure of that thanks with a Double XP weekend starting November 27th and continuing through Thanksgiving Weekend until December 2nd.
Any chance you're still planning these, not seen a sign of them and it'd be a nice excuse to start a new character or pick up on an old one for some people.
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).

idnewton
11.07.2013 , 12:54 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
Any chance you're still planning these, not seen a sign
Nope, they definitely canceled something they deliberately planned. I am so sorry that they have to re-confirm everything they say each week just so you can sleep well.

It will be as they say, until they say differently. When has that ever not been the case?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

AussieAlan
11.07.2013 , 01:26 AM | #107
Oh that's cool, double xp right after the name purge sweet.
Isn't it pointless though, isn't double xp the same thing us subs get in rest xp.

idnewton
11.07.2013 , 01:36 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
Oh that's cool, double xp right after the name purge sweet.
Isn't it pointless though, isn't double xp the same thing us subs get in rest xp.
Rest XP only applies to kills. Any other form of acquiring XP is, to the best of my knowledge, completely unaffected by rest XP... whereas Double XP disables Rest XP but simply doubles everything. It's a big deal, trust me... when you turn in the imperial H4 for Makeb and get over 100,000 XP... yeah, it's worth it.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

AussieAlan
11.07.2013 , 02:07 AM | #109
Ah ok thanks did not know that.

AshlaBoga
11.20.2013 , 06:03 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
Ah ok thanks did not know that.
Allow me to make it even more clear: I've seen people go from level 1 to level 45 over the course of a Double XP weekend, and have confirmed they did so without cheating or botting anything.

It's that big a difference, because it STACKS with your Character Perks and XP consumable buffs.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption