Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove mine from Corruptor Zero, it's a NiM mechanic.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Remove mine from Corruptor Zero, it's a NiM mechanic.

Beslley
11.04.2013 , 10:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
No, I don't wanna easy fights, don't get me wrong.
I loved wipe and wipe on NiM Dread Guards, the challenge is amazing, but Corruptor Zero already have a very high raid damage (I'm healing so I can tell you). It's healable but it's very tight. For me he is harder than some NiM bosses, and way harder than the other ones from DF. It's more than just "follow the mechanic and we'd be ok".
Following the mechanic or not I see 3~4 people dropping to 15% in one shot from adds at the same time. Adds targeting healers doing 20k 1 hit only. Never saw insane raid damage like this in Hardmode.
This fight really seems like a NiM mechanics in HM mode.

You're trying to fix the mines bug, I ask you to remove this mechanic from HM, work on it and put on NiM with other mechanics working 100%.
NO.
Mines are buggy but it is fine for hard mode.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Justcae
11.05.2013 , 08:05 AM | #12
If Bioware had not said that this was an unintended function this could be left this way.

Regardless of class make up, you are able to get out of lazer phase, with mines going out w/ zero deaths.

It just requires coordination. Not even cooldowns.

RandomXChance
11.05.2013 , 02:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Nerfea? I don't want it easier, I just don't wanna play a boss totally RNG based. And I think 69 is not viable for this fight atm.

I said that I like challenge, why are you telling me to do SM?
I cannot handle the fight correctly? It wasn't me who did a buff instead of a nerf to the broke mechanic, who's wrong here?

I'll use some of your strategy and see how it goes.
Well, I was simply responding to the title of this thead:
"Remove mine from Corruptor Zero, it's a NiM mechanic. "

So I said fix the bug, but do not lower the challenge by permanently nerfing (as your title was asking for).
Please make a more accurate title for the thread if that is not what you meant.

Horaciozhao
11.06.2013 , 03:46 AM | #14
I think first of all check the gear requirement of DF HM, you will see it's harder than TFB and SAV, and it's same requirement as Nim, so I say to feel like a nim boss, that's normal, second, that mine is bugged again, now he uses it on soft enrage, which is hilarious, since everyone has to run from him and can't get close to cleanse the debuff without dying

AshlaBoga
11.06.2013 , 03:51 AM | #15
Saying it's a NiM mechanic is a bad way to approach the issue. See because NiM DF isn't out yet, the only thing you do by mentioning it in your OP is create a tangent topic.

I'd change the thread to be: Decrease AoE damage from HM Corrupter Zero.

And even then this would be my response: No! My guild cleared HM DF this week and honestly didn't wipe more than a couple times on CZ. His mines are not NiM level.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Eshtoma
11.06.2013 , 04:39 AM | #16
I agree it shouldn't be removed, but fixed to happen less frequently and not during the laser phase. Punishes melee dps alot since they are needed on adds and back on the boss at a moments notice. If a leap is ever misused, you're usually coming back to the boss with 3-4 stacks which leads to a wipe and strains the healers even further.

RikuvonDrake
11.06.2013 , 08:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshtoma View Post
I agree it shouldn't be removed, but fixed to happen less frequently and not during the laser phase. Punishes melee dps alot since they are needed on adds and back on the boss at a moments notice. If a leap is ever misused, you're usually coming back to the boss with 3-4 stacks which leads to a wipe and strains the healers even further.
I would like to heavily disagree with this post, I normally player Gunslinger but I have cleared it on my sentinel as well as few times and it all comes down to knowing when then the Mine cast is done, wait before you jump and then jump away to adds when boss has done it. Then you won't have to wipe the raid :P
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ArchangelLBC
11.07.2013 , 12:35 AM | #18
Honestly the mines aren't much of an issue. Maybe add some red text or something, but we just have people call them out.

Now we did have an issue with the adds where they were spawning, all targetting one healer, and flooring them immediately. Also had to stop having our tank bubbled on the pull for the same reason (occasionally happens on Brontes fingers as well). We fixed this by having gunslingers throw flash grenades and it isn't an issue.

Honestly they just need to fix the damn mines going out during lasers phase, and him occasionally popping down from unified beam while still immune to damage.

For NiM I'm betting there will be multiple mines, droid adds will be un-CCable, and mines going out during unified beam will no longer be a bug.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd