Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More to do with Revan and Revanites please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
More to do with Revan and Revanites please!

AlrikFassbauer
11.06.2013 , 07:00 AM | #21
The Republic didn't get the Revanites quest line - which is Mistake Number One, imho, regarding the Revanites.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

jovianus
11.06.2013 , 07:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
The Republic didn't get the Revanites quest line - which is Mistake Number One, imho, regarding the Revanites.
I actually consider that one of the perks of playing a Republic toon, I don't have to hear anything about Revan until the Foundry.

AlexDougherty
11.06.2013 , 07:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Crazed_Jawa View Post
On Dromand Kass as I'm sure many imperial players are aware there is a clan of Revanites hiding in the forest. After joining the Revanities you are rewarded with a simple title and told you can never return after going through a long set of missions. I think Bioware have missed a large opportunity to explore more about Revan esspically as they invented him in Knights of the Old Rebulic. This could be done for both Repulic and Imperial characters and could involve a lot better rewards and could be a seperate story line along side the main class story. I'm sure more people would love ti see more about Revan and continue in the story after Drummand Kass
Hopeful with enough decision and likes Bioware might act. Please like or leave comment.
I think the whole point was that you either make an Ls or Ds decision, if you could use them as allies or see them later then most would automatically choose Ls, just for story content, which is why you never see them again.

Which is a shame.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.06.2013 , 04:32 PM | #24
I love how people cry about someone else wanting something, as if they're being forced to like the same thing. smh

As far as The Foundry goes, apparently the Revan haters don't know what Fold Space is.
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Stinghen
11.06.2013 , 05:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hell_Kaiser_Fett View Post
I love how people cry about someone else wanting something, as if they're being forced to like the same thing. smh

As far as The Foundry goes, apparently the Revan haters don't know what Fold Space is.
I know! It's one more overpowered Force power created to stupidly save the hero of fanboys in a deus ex machina approach?

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.06.2013 , 06:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Stinghen View Post
I know! It's one more overpowered Force power created to stupidly save the hero of fanboys in a deus ex machina approach?
Ok, lets discuss this in a civilized manner. Yes, they did too much with Revan, I will agree there. If they could have given him a heroic death in the book I would have been extremely happy with that. He was on the verge of defeating the Emperor with Meetra and Scourge, but after Scourge betrayed them, they lost. He should have died there, in a heroic last stand against the Emperor, in a battle he was about to win. THAT would be the ultimate end to a great story.

But no, they couldn't let Revan die, and so he became another *********** EU Luke Skywalker/Palpaine, living through everything and gaining so much stupid power that it became unbelievable, even in Star Wars. I really wish they would have just given him a heroic death like I mentioned, but they didn't, and so he got overplayed.

What I would like, is one last mission (republic), an operation in fact, where he fights along side the players, either visibly or "behind the scenes" and helps the player kill the Emperor, sacrificing himself to do so, binding his spirit to the Emperor's before becoming one with the Force, preventing the Emperor from switching bodies and giving Revan the death he deserves.
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.06.2013 , 06:19 PM | #27
Also, it was never said in game, or even confirmed by Bioware that Revan is dead.

jedimasterjac
11.06.2013 , 06:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Crazed_Jawa View Post
maybe for those who chose to follow the Revinites there should be a longer story line but for those who dont like Revan they dont have to do the story line. Also involve more rewards such as armour or cosmetics or titles for those who do chose to follow the revanites. Also maybe involve a story line destroying the revanites so you can choose which if you dont like the revanites.
All story is optional. But you're asking for them to take time creating Content for your cult. (Yes, you Revan Fanboys ARE a cult!) When BioWare could, instead, be working on a continued storyline which more of the community would enjoy.
"Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you."

―Darth Traya, to the Jedi Exile

Stinghen
11.06.2013 , 07:56 PM | #29
Ok, lets discuss this in a civilized manner. Yes, they did too much with Revan, I will agree there. If they could have given him a heroic death in the book I would have been extremely happy with that. He was on the verge of defeating the Emperor with Meetra and Scourge, but after Scourge betrayed them, they lost. He should have died there, in a heroic last stand against the Emperor, in a battle he was about to win. THAT would be the ultimate end to a great story.
I agree, I just don't think he was about to win xD

But no, they couldn't let Revan die, and so he became another *********** EU Luke Skywalker/Palpaine, living through everything and gaining so much stupid power that it became unbelievable, even in Star Wars. I really wish they would have just given him a heroic death like I mentioned, but they didn't, and so he got overplayed.
Now with that, I completely disagree. Revan died at the Foundry. And he didn't become an OP mofo, he's as fallible as ever. So much so that, as I elaborated on my former post, he fell to the Dark Side again, and was shamefully defeated again, only this time for good. To me, this single flashpoint redeems a decade of idiotic, anachronistic lore hijackings introduced with KotOR 1 and 2. I forgive Bioware for the lore-crime that was KotOR 1, because now they learned to adequately read and interpret the existing lore before creating a game storyline. So the heart of the matter, what really gets the fanboys is this: they're angry because Revan's no longer the superhero. Or never was, really (mind-wiped by the Jedi? It's another stupid KotOR creation, sure, but what happened to "the Force can have a powerful influence on the weak-minded"? Was Revan weak-minded? Because being mind-wiped is just ridiculous), except in people's fanciful imaginations.

What I would like, is one last mission (republic), an operation in fact, where he fights along side the players, either visibly or "behind the scenes" and helps the player kill the Emperor, sacrificing himself to do so, binding his spirit to the Emperor's before becoming one with the Force, preventing the Emperor from switching bodies and giving Revan the death he deserves.
Revan's dead, mate. He died frothing, thinking he could commit to his usual "ends justify the means" approach regardless of cost. Let him go gracefully, while he still has some shred of an interesting and offbeat personality. He doesn't have to be a hero. The fact he was the antihero is the reason why he failed in the first place (both in the Mandalorian Wars and in the Foundry), and that's better than "the death he deserves" (the death you feel he deserves, really).

Here's the problem. This is not KotOR, this is The Old Republic. Revan's not the plot anymore (since KotOR 2, in fact!), he is instead the matter of legend (among the Jedi and the Sith - just look at the Revanites). If he turns up again and winds up saving the day, then I take back everything I said about TOR having a decent storyline right then and there, because it will be just cheesy, and showing of Bioware's desire of fawning over their own creations in an overblown manner.

Pietrastor
11.06.2013 , 08:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stinghen View Post
Here's the problem. This is not KotOR, this is The Old Republic. Revan's not the plot anymore (since KotOR 2, in fact!), he is instead the matter of legend (among the Jedi and the Sith - just look at the Revanites). If he turns up again and winds up saving the day, then I take back everything I said about TOR having a decent storyline right then and there, because it will be just cheesy, and showing of Bioware's desire of fawning over their own creations in an overblown manner.
If anything, they seem to be doing the opposite, as in turning him back into a "villain'. For both factions this time though. I mean, the plan to kill the entire Empire population with Sith race ancestry (which as HK-47 says is 97%) is unacceptable for both the Empire and the Republic and obviously not moral. Both him and the Emperor, in the place the story leaves them, seem obviously prepped for future main 'bosses' for both factions.