Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Min/Max PvP Bolster / Expertise / Stats

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to Min/Max PvP Bolster / Expertise / Stats

TheWarbeast
11.06.2013 , 07:54 AM | #1
What is BiS for PvP set up?

After some research Im even more confused now then before.

Is it all PvE gear left side and PvP gear right side replacing 3 mods with lower level ones and removing MH/OH expertise crystals with power crystals to get 2018 bolster?

Is it true that having a FULL SET of ranked WZ gear is worse then half PvE half PvP?

A 2 piece PvE set bonus and rest PvP is best?

There has to be some generic formula that give max bolster/expertise/stats.

Zoom_VI
11.06.2013 , 08:02 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWarbeast View Post
What is BiS for PvP?

Is it all PvE gear left side and PvP gear right side replacing 3 mods with lower level ones and removing MH/OH expertise crystals with power crystals to max bolster? Is it true that having a FULL SET of ranked WZ gear is worse then half PvE half PvP?

There has to be some generic formula that give max bolster/expertise/stats.
First Augmented Obraon>everything else period.

Some people will tell you that you can get this and that crafted whatever with such and such mods and doing so will get you 1% more bonus damage than Obroan, but those all leave you at 28k hp.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors
- Scott Westerfeld, The Killing of Worlds

AnteJeebuz
11.06.2013 , 08:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
First Augmented Obraon>everything else period.

Some people will tell you that you can get this and that crafted whatever with such and such mods and doing so will get you 1% more bonus damage than Obroan, but those all leave you at 28k hp.
My operative uses two pieces of dread guard for bonus and I sit at 2018 exp with almost 31k health and 150 more cunning then BiS Obroan.
I play TOFN -- TRE -- Bastion -- Shadowlands
Griz/Gio/Tony/Krealic and other variations

TheWarbeast
11.06.2013 , 08:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AnteJeebuz View Post
My operative uses two pieces of dread guard for bonus and I sit at 2018 exp with almost 31k health and 150 more cunning then BiS Obroan.
So you use full set ranked WZ gear all augmented with no lower mods or armoring and just 2 PvE pieces for a set bonus?

L-RANDLE
11.06.2013 , 11:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWarbeast View Post
So you use full set ranked WZ gear all augmented with no lower mods or armoring and just 2 PvE pieces for a set bonus?
This is BiS in my eyes:

You only need 11 out of the 14 PvP pieces to get maximum EXP. This is only assuming you don't have any endgame PvE pieces equipped. I am still looking at one more trade to drip this number to 10 pieces, but for now these are the pieces you want:

All the moddable pieces, and relics.

Now I know Zoom said Obroan is better, but the key is how much better?
In the case of ears and implants, if you use crafted 54 purples, you still get maximum EXP and your bonus damage is virtually unchanged. e.g. I have a power heavy purple ear. I actually gained 2BD and .4 accuracy, but lost .2% crit, and .07% surge. HP was virtually the same.

This tells me that I wasted comms buying the highest tier endgame PvP ear piece. The stats are virtually a dead heat. So I guess the moral of the story is to buy the moddable PvP pieces and min/max, get the relics, and get crafted purples in ear and implants..

Profit...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Zoom_VI
11.06.2013 , 01:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AnteJeebuz View Post
lolwut

DG is rating 63 and Obroan is 67. Expertise is not factored into stat budgets anymore. There is no way DG will ever have more cunning unless you where using endurance high obroan and cunning high DG
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors

FrumpytheClown
11.06.2013 , 01:31 PM | #7
I want screen shots. Show us your gear set up DURING a War Zone, and your stats next to it.
"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion..." Ghandi was peaceful, now he is dead. Ghangis Khan was passionate and nearly conquered the known world.

L-RANDLE
11.06.2013 , 03:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FrumpytheClown View Post
I want screen shots. Show us your gear set up DURING a War Zone, and your stats next to it.
Mine?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Arlanon
11.06.2013 , 06:12 PM | #9
I have a set of PvE gear in the bank. I took the chest into a WZ and watched my stats.

Expertise stayed the same. In theory, if I were to buy a bunch of the crafted purple 31 mods on the AH, I'd end up with more stats.

Wouldn't it be best, if you're looking for 3 pieces, to do a chest (armor rating), weapon (hilt/barrel damage) and maybe your offhand? I would try this myself but it would cost me 5 million credits to make one 31 PvE piece. lmao.

Zoom_VI
11.06.2013 , 06:18 PM | #10
You can argue either way, burin reality bolster tweaking gets you nowherein open world

Also crafted anything is terrible for PVP tanks because the endurance lossis too steep
Crinn
Trooper Hunter