Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,293 69.15%
Operations 922 27.80%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,284 38.72%
Companions 872 26.30%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 615 18.55%
Planets 1,377 41.53%
Crew Skills and Crafting 581 17.52%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 804 24.25%
Legacy 827 24.94%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,304 39.32%
Playable Races 969 29.22%
New Class 1,368 41.25%
Other 224 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3316. You may not vote on this poll

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.06.2013 , 07:26 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post

You can't put the genie back in the bottle. My expectation for MMOs, due primarily to this game, is complete stories with full voice overs and interactive responses to those stories.
yeah, but to have this x 8 is just insane overkill

Tatile
11.06.2013 , 07:49 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Jedi Consular and Knight get the same "mission", with various unique responses based on their alignment, class, companions etc.

Agent and Inquisitor could get similar. Bounty Hunter and Warrior...

There are a couple of ways it could be done, but class stories should at least be seriously re-considered by the management, by developers, by the writing team, because it's something largely unique to this game (other games are giving us cut scenes and scripted stories and such, but this system of "choice"* and interaction is pretty much a SWTOR thing on the MMO market) and I genuinely believe that getting rid of class story is going to start devaluing story content as a whole in Bioware: Austin and we'll end up with no cut scenes, no options, no voice overs, and more generic terminal quests which amount to "go here and kill twenty of these dudes, now come back, get a shoe, go an kill fifty more."

*let's not debate this now

Callaron
11.06.2013 , 07:52 AM | #123
It's why I'm in favor of them doing it DLC style, alongside the regular patches rather than "instead" of them.
It is something that is expensive and takes up a lot of resources, so ideally it'd be a separate team working on it like with the Cartel Market team.
I'm also pretty much resigned to accepting that's wishful thinking and it's a risk they'll never take.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)

Rafaman
11.06.2013 , 08:08 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
It's why I'm in favor of them doing it DLC style, alongside the regular patches rather than "instead" of them.
It is something that is expensive and takes up a lot of resources, so ideally it'd be a separate team working on it like with the Cartel Market team.
I'm also pretty much resigned to accepting that's wishful thinking and it's a risk they'll never take.
Yeah... I hear you. But, despite the fact that polls like this are flawed, this sample is at the very least statistically significant.

Again, BW doesn't have to deliver new class stories as full chapters etc. Small episodes adding to class stories will go a long way.

BW,

Revisit your stance on Class Stories. Forget the old model. Come up with a smaller more focused additions on a periodic basis (not all class stories need to be augmented at the same time). You will add value to your subscription and increase profits despite the production costs.

Malckiah
11.06.2013 , 08:14 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
The top three are right in Bioware's wheelhouse. After GS, maybe a patch with a KOTOR-style minigame? As much as I openly support and thoroughly enjoy playing TOR, it really needs to get back to its roots to generate staying power imho.

I personally think that if dev introduced a new planet with an additional 5 levels worth of class stories once a year (starting with a patch to add class stories to 55 on Makeb) and added a minigame six months after the release of each new planet, this game's reputation and popularity would take off.
Exactly!....They don't have to do 3 chapters of class story every time.... Just do 1 chapter for each class a year, add 5 levels and viola!

I can say this, In my opinion, if they ever want to have a full out expansion where you go out and buy it and it is an exciting big deal, they will have to add class story, there is NO way around that.

jorill
11.06.2013 , 08:45 AM | #126
1) class story ( Also like to re-run class story for endgame for rewards as well)
2) housing (I dont care if its instanced, a house or decorate my ship)
3) More flashpoints. My guild doesnt really do ops anymore so i have to group for fp's and i find they are enjoyable.)
4)ops
5)pve space (although i am looking forward to pvp space coming up.

PVP isnt on my priorty list because im not a big fan of how it is in this game at the moment

Clarian
11.06.2013 , 09:13 AM | #127
Which is exactly what I love about this game. Sounds way more awesome than "safe, prudent moderation."

Bioware had a pretty good run of being able, somehow, to devote way more resources to a game than they reasonably should have been able to get away with. BGII was like that. DA:O felt like that to me, at least. SWTOR, of course, is the climax - the biggest example, and maybe the last. I suppose that kind of thing can't go on forever, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it while it lasts.

Having said that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
BW,
Revisit your stance on Class Stories. Forget the old model. Come up with a smaller more focused additions on a periodic basis (not all class stories need to be augmented at the same time).
That sounds good to me. I go through content so slowly that if they released it in small chunks, I might never even notice. Personally I'd prefer all classes to be updated in unison, but I could live with one at a time.

Malckiah
11.06.2013 , 09:38 AM | #128
There is no way they could release one class story at a time without floods of rage that someone's class didn't get an update. There are people who only play 1 class. And even for those who have picked, lets say 3 classes... if one of those 3 isn't focused first....RAGE.

I see no reason why they can't have a real expansion where they add 1 more chapter for each class. In reality that is very little voice over work per class.

In fact: Expansion Idea:
1. Add 1 more chapter for each class.
2. Add a new planet or two
3. 2 new playable races
.... and a huge list of small stuff to make it look massive.... speeders, new companions, etc.
Then advertise it like crazy, sell the boxes for whatever the going rate for a good expansion goes for these days. They could do this every other year and do small free expansions and patches in between.

Tatile
11.06.2013 , 09:40 AM | #129
Hell, the boxes could be CE with a plush rakghoul or something.

Oh my god. Plush toy interrogator probe! How awesome would that be?

LordArtemis
11.06.2013 , 10:19 AM | #130
Flood of rage reason is not a valid reason IMO. Releasing changes and content to parts of the population is standard fare for MMOs, and the chance of an extension to class stories, as opposed to no chance would not be ill received IMO.

I expect they are looking at Makeb like extensions, and it seems folks are not wanting that...the question is, will they accept short story arc extensions that might be one class at a time, because that might be the only way it can happen.

Its over 300 now, looks like class stories is the big leader so far, PVP the one at the rear of the pack. That is not surprising to me.

I just wonder if class stories, planets and minigames will remain the top three when it hits 400 or 500 votes.