Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,312 69.26%
Operations 926 27.74%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.50%
Companions 881 26.39%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.45%
Planets 1,388 41.58%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.44%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 809 24.24%
Legacy 830 24.87%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.22%
Playable Races 979 29.33%
New Class 1,378 41.28%
Other 224 6.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3338. You may not vote on this poll

Rafaman
11.05.2013 , 02:21 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I am surprised that Operations does not have more votes. I wonder if that is because most people are happy with the amount of Operations we have or if less people play Operations than I would think.
Probably true. They have definitely delivered in the Ops department despite the bugs. I hope that continues.

Andryah
11.05.2013 , 02:23 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
yeah, you "think" again (cringe)

I play PvP, did I vote "game needs more PvP"? Do you see my name there? No.

You PvE-only extremists always love to pretend there is a PvE vs. PvP debate, in reality there are normal people who simply play everything because not everyone is a PvP hating carebear, but I still think this game needs other cool stuff first before adding more PvP maps.

Anyway, this poll is a big fat joke. Lots of shoulder patting going on here, the reality of what this game needs is outside of this forum, look it up in the unsubscribers thread or on mmorpg.com
Nice try pal. But I'm not a PvE extremist. Never have been. I PvP with my guld mates, and generally always do in MMOs. That said.. I prefer PvP in TSW to SWTOR.

AND.. as much as you wish the poll were a joke..it's not (no matter how much you protest and stomp your feet). It is a polling based reflection of the preference of subscribers today. Nobody cares what the rabid playerbase in January 2012 wants.. because frankly they don't care about the game and so their thoughts are irrelevant. Quitters don't get a vote because what they want does not exist in any MMO anyway. They are wandering locusts who consume and then contempt every MMO they play. All they need is a stream of new MMOs to play through on their 30 days play time and then discard and wander the internet ranting and spewing anywhere someone will listen.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Vhaegrant
11.05.2013 , 04:23 PM | #103
Top 5 in order for me:

1) Class Story
At least another chapter in similar vein to the existing chapters 1,2 and 3.

2) Companions
Not necessarily new companions but expanding the usability of existing ones. More interactions at end game, allow player to choose their role, open up their starting gear as orange modifiable sets, once unlocked allow them to be shared across legacy.

3) Other: Better ingame communication tools
Legacy address book, ability to friend other faction. I meet new friends and them lose them when they go to play an alt

4) Other: Better Guild support
In game resources such as calendars. Never understood why the pre-launch guild rosters and forums disappeared. The ability to add a legacy rather than individual and the ability to filter by legacy in roster.

5) Other: More customisation options for existing classes
New Advanced Classes. The ability to use a wider range of weapons. The ability to swap Advanced Class.

Rafaman
11.05.2013 , 08:02 PM | #104
You know, I think BW could combine some of these catagories if it will make things easier. For example short episodic class stories that include new aspects or areas on a planet.

GalacticKegger
11.05.2013 , 11:36 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
You know, I think BW could combine some of these catagories if it will make things easier. For example short episodic class stories that include new aspects or areas on a planet.
The top three are right in Bioware's wheelhouse. After GS, maybe a patch with a KOTOR-style minigame? As much as I openly support and thoroughly enjoy playing TOR, it really needs to get back to its roots to generate staying power imho.

I personally think that if dev introduced a new planet with an additional 5 levels worth of class stories once a year (starting with a patch to add class stories to 55 on Makeb) and added a minigame six months after the release of each new planet, this game's reputation and popularity would take off.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

LordArtemis
11.05.2013 , 11:55 PM | #106
Still running pretty close to the same as before....hope to see 500 votes and look at the totals then.

Djstingable
11.06.2013 , 12:41 AM | #107
My top 5 choices:

Class Story:
Having a unique story for each character was a really cool part of this game, and while I haven't finished all 8, expanding on them is something needed every once and a while. I'd be fine with them giving about 2 quests or something per each new planet something like -2 quests on Ilum, Black Hole, Section X, Makeb, CZ-198, Oricon, and then some final encounter wherever.

Companions:
Companions, and companion stories, were a really cool thing to have. There is definitely more room to give another 5 or 10k affection, and to give companion missions to everyone rather than just the first one. I would prefer expanding on current companion than adding a bunch of new ones.. Also, I feel like companions could be a lot more useful in something like an operation, or special PvP arenas with companions - It's nice that they are adding them into the Galactic Starfighter though.

Planets:
They could really add a lot to the existing planets, and they could make really cool new planets. Adding some separate area to the lvl.1-10 worlds would be really cool, like Section X and Black Hole. These sections could be placed at night time for extra awesomeness, and opposite factions could be able to go to the endgame areas of them. Adding underwater content is probably not something that would happen, but an underwater planet would be quite cool.

Operations:
Operations are always cool, and now that the Dread Master storyline is done with, a new villain is needed, giving the opportunity for different types of boss fights. I've always wanted to see a turret-orientated fight like Kaon Under Seige, or a fight where are a slight or big help. A boss fight where some NPC-starfighters could help would be amazing.

Character Customization:
New customization is needed for all species, and I don't see why they couldn't have added longer hair or different colored hair to each species. Body Tattoos would be an awesome way to show off the more skimpy gear, and as a lot of people have said, more male skimpy gear is wanted.

- A 6th one because why not:
Minigames:
Minigames have been requested ever since launch, Pazaak and Pod-Racing have been the most suggested, and they could make revisiting worlds like Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine more worth it. I could see a Pazaak floor being added to the Fleet as well..

I hope this thread is looked at to see what players want, and this is really nice to have been put together, OP.
The Frost Legacy
Saf'ire - Scoundrel ** Kal'dur - Commando ** Azaifelay - Guardian
Plat'inum - Sniper ** Sea'crest - Assassin ** Cor'vo - Powertech

Hambunctious
11.06.2013 , 01:37 AM | #108
I, for one, couldn't care less about OPs. It's just scripted WOW nonsense, with stupid boss "mechanics". Most of the FPs are in the same vein. Usually one boss with super high HP against many, who, at some point, spawn adds.

They're not fun for me. Mainly because they're so childish in that they're doing the same kinds of things with huge bosses, and huge hp pools that were done even back in the Atari 2600, and NES days. It's also the same thing over, and over, and over that have been in other MMOS... where at least it makes sense for the setting. Which is usually in a high fantasy setting. Very little in boss fights in this game make any sense. This is not some medieval fantasy game. While it's literally fantasy, it's not high fantasy, and it doesn't fit the SW setting. None of them feel heroic to me.

Where, in any of the movies, did you see where it required a small army to exterminate one person? Two people, maybe, but not 8-plus people.

The class quests at least give you the impression that something heroic is being done.

Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was OPs, people. That is not it. That is not it!

That, I believe, is why people aren't voting for more OPs. It will be the same old thing.

gorstram
11.06.2013 , 01:45 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
I, for one, couldn't care less about OPs. It's just scripted WOW nonsense, with stupid boss "mechanics". Most of the FPs are in the same vein. Usually one boss with super high HP against many, who, at some point, spawn adds.

They're not fun for me. Mainly because they're so childish in that they're doing the same kinds of things with huge bosses, and huge hp pools that were done even back in the Atari 2600, and NES days. It's also the same thing over, and over, and over that have been in other MMOS... where at least it makes sense for the setting. Which is usually in a high fantasy setting. Very little in boss fights in this game make any sense. This is not some medieval fantasy game. While it's literally fantasy, it's not high fantasy, and it doesn't fit the SW setting. None of them feel heroic to me.

Where, in any of the movies, did you see where it required a small army to exterminate one person? Two people, maybe, but not 8-plus people.

The class quests at least give you the impression that something heroic is being done.

Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was OPs, people. That is not it. That is not it!

That, I believe, is why people aren't voting for more OPs. It will be the same old thing.
Thank you for voicing your tastes for this game. They have been duly noted. As for the those of us who put operations in our top five, we'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of endgame content.

Edit: More than 30% of the respondents in this poll indicated that operations were a top five priority for them. That's nothing to sneeze at.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Hambunctious
11.06.2013 , 02:10 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
Thank you for voicing your tastes for this game. They have been duly noted. As for the those of us who put operations in our top five, we'll respectfully disagree with your assessment of endgame content.

Edit: More than 30% of the respondents in this poll indicated that operations were a top five priority for them. That's nothing to sneeze at.
I wouldn't mind more OPs, but only if they were done differently, and made more like what we'd see in the movies. Fighting groups of MOBs just to get to the bosses, and not have the whole area alerted to your presence is absurd.

I'd much prefer something more realistic to the setting, and be different each time you do it. You know, something that might require strategy, and not just DPS/healing checks.

Off the top of my head, something cool would be getting the mission, have the area randomly generated, and then the group is shown a map to study, and then make plans from there. Finding, and marking objectives to take out, or turn to your advantage could be a part of it. Even finding ways to avoid being discovered would be nice. The better you do in that planning part, and then executing it would make the final objective easier.

The same old hit stuff 1000 times isn't working for me anymore.