Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to tell if the Jugg/Guard is DPS specced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How to tell if the Jugg/Guard is DPS specced

GregAlia
11.02.2013 , 01:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Team PVP you actually know the players coming on and the type of builds they have. I will never intentionally go into PVP with a worthless tank.

DPS Specced Juggs/Guardians are by far the worse. Madness built Sorc can solo them, and that's sad.
Sound like a L2p issue. Aside from some really skilled sorc, juggs whipe the floor with them. Honestly you should be pleased a Dps jugg is willing to sacrifice himself for you if he is trying to guard at great detriment to himself in PvP. What is your point OP.

benovide
11.02.2013 , 07:58 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GregAlia View Post
Sound like a L2p issue. Aside from some really skilled sorc, juggs whipe the floor with them. Honestly you should be pleased a Dps jugg is willing to sacrifice himself for you if he is trying to guard at great detriment to himself in PvP. What is your point OP.
He's a completely wasted slot. Tank spec would be able to survive better and put up greater defense.

Helig
11.03.2013 , 06:56 AM | #13
In NiMs, you're completely worthless to the team compared to the Guardian/Juggernaut who is in proper spec as the Tank. In generating Aggro you come nowhere near as good in keeping it up as the real Tanks do. I've watched entire teams collapse because the tank was completely useless in keeping aggro.

If the DPSer is generating more aggro at any point, you're a fail tank. Taunts hardly to jack in the larger picture outside of a boss fight. Even then it's short lived if your DPSers are DPS specced, they'll out aggro what you do, and most likely result in their deaths.

You're in the group of first players to be booted from a group for bad Spec.
You really think I'd tank a NiM as a DPS Guard?

Oh, wait, 9/10. Very, very nice. I almost fell for it.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

GregAlia
11.03.2013 , 06:57 AM | #14
He's a completely wasted slot. Tank spec would be able to survive better and put up greater defense.
Or he's a dps and your stupid. Jugg dps in PvP is not a wasted slot.

The_FLIPmode
11.03.2013 , 09:16 AM | #15
Sounds like you met some crappy juggs. And that they need to L2P.
POT5:
Turanor - Juggernaut, Turannor - Marauder, Turanar - Mercenary, Fl´ppy -Vanguard
Ele'anor - Powertech, Tyrannor - Sorcerer, , Tűranor - Gunslinger, Turanorr - Scoundrel

Ottoattack
11.04.2013 , 04:29 PM | #16
1. When they take ridiculous amounts of damage with minor attacks.
2. When you see them use the Impale or Obliterate, Force Crush, or Shatter.
3. When their HP is minimal compared to the rest
4. When your Madness Specced Sorc annihilates the Sith Jugg without issue.
5. When your DPS sorc can solo the Jugg and you can wipe him out quickly.
6. When you're in FPs, HMs, etc. and he's hesitant to strike first.
7. When he always dies and never lives through battles without ridiculous amounts of healing.
8. When you see them ALMOST doing the damage the Marauder is doing, but still gets wasted and cannot generate Aggro.
9. When the Jugg CANNOT gain, or maintain aggro
10. When he's dying as much or more than your Marauder is
11. When he can't take down a Sniper, Sorc, or Sage on his own without assistance
12. When a Vanguard/Powertech out tanks him/her.

If you see these signs, if possible, boot them from the team, and wait for another one who is actually tank specced to join your team. Life will be easier, and the mission will be done faster. With so few tanks in game, it's lucky to be 2 or 3 minutes before a new tank (like healer) comes onto your team that is actually specced correctly.
Easier way is to see what from he/she is using. Shi-sho and shien is dps and sorsue is tank...

Plus, I am not sure if the above is PvP or PvE. Jugg dps is considered good in PvP, better than sorc and sin. Veng jugg is considered one of the strongest solo specs in PvP. PvE, you simply can't tank if you are not in immortal tree and you do not have sorsue form on. It aint exactly nuclear science.

All tank specs should very easily cruise through non-hm FPs with tank forms even with dps gear. Most content barely deals any damage. If the healer has half a brain, should not be even remotely challenging. Playing full tank is overkill. Starting lvl 50, if you are tanking, you need to be in tank tree and tank gear.

Gloomycakes
11.05.2013 , 03:46 PM | #17
Pre-55 I always have a bit of a mixed feeling about this. I'd never queue as a spec I'm not fulfilling since I find it plain rude towards those queueing in the right spec and you (no matter what) will bring your team down to some extend. On top of respec being free and available everywhere for a small fee. But when I get a DPS that queue'd as a tank, I'm not one for complaining since a good kill-order/CC/some decent heals can compensate for it and I do enjoy the fact I finally got a queue to pop. Been leveling quite a bit lately due to playing on a horrible machine for a while and I must say it's rare to get around people in the proper spec or proper stance, though ofcourse some simply never realised. Like DPS-queue'd and specced Mercanaries using Tracer Missle and Combustile Gas Cylinder. Annoys me more if a Tank-queue'd DPS simply changes his stance if it completely gimps their spec, do they really think we're too stupid to notice? (As healer I'm a bit insulted) Like the Pyrotech going to the Ion Cylinder? No Jet Charge, no Combust alas, but no prototype particle accelerator or superheated rail aswell?

Btw, no mentioned of lack of Quake in your list? Sonic Barrier? Mighty Blow? Revenge? Blade Barricade? Quite easy to spot those abilities lacking unless he avoids using Smash, Retaliation and Force Scream. (Assault/Vicious Assault spam!)

But ye at 55, ask kindly if he forgot to respec, pick the right stance and the right gear, without any change > kick. Arena queue's are lucky impossible to cheat, though due to field respec + free respec I'm also quite happy it's not that way for PvE.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few." ~Cheshire

benovide
11.05.2013 , 08:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GregAlia View Post
Or he's a dps and your stupid. Jugg dps in PvP is not a wasted slot.
On the contrary, he's a heavily wasted slot. When a Carnage Marauder can wipe the floor of a DPS jugg, it's a hell of a wasted slot.

GoodFellaz
11.06.2013 , 12:23 PM | #19
I play a Veng Jugg and i never have any problems in group play. PVP or PVE. All u need is a healer with half a brain and the group is good to go. I may not draw as much aggro as a tank build but i still draw aggro better then the rest of the team, which is the point, and deal more damage. I dont see why ppl feel the need to kick someone just because they dont play the way U feel they should play.

GregAlia
11.06.2013 , 03:43 PM | #20
On the contrary, he's a heavily wasted slot. When a Carnage Marauder can wipe the floor of a DPS jugg, it's a hell of a wasted slot.
YAAAAWN. By that logic only Mara's should PvP dps. We are all stupider for reading your thread.