Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You Can't Change Your Advanced Class!?!?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
You Can't Change Your Advanced Class!?!?!

Master-Nala
05.15.2013 , 06:52 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Hiramas View Post
Ac is your class.
You NEVER EVER IN ANY MMO can change from Mage to Rogue.
Deal with it.
Except DCUO which allowed it (may have been a 1 off thing) and EQ2 which always allowed you to change your class via betrayal.

MeisterBabylon
05.16.2013 , 06:56 PM | #532
Would I get banned for posting a Picard Facepalm? Because I'm really really really tempted.
"I feel your anger, Master."
"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!"
"...Okay, I'm officially scared."

gankenstein
05.17.2013 , 10:07 AM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by HossDelgado View Post
I've been playing the Imperial Agent for a few days now. At level 10, after much consideration, I decided to go operative over sniper because it seemed like a cool class that snuck around and then stabbed people. However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output, so I just thought to myself "well I tried out operative and didn't like it, I should probably go sniper". That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS. Why wouldn't Bioware let players change their advanced class. At this point I was level 18 and if I wanted to go sniper I would have to repeat about 3 days of work. I have loved this game so far, but this is the first major issue that I have run into. I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.
3 days of work to level 18? Wow maybe you should DO IT AGAIN so you can learn to play a litttle bit better. i can get to level 18 in like 3 hours of work.....

XisscVekno
05.17.2013 , 01:55 PM | #534
Holy necro Batman
Not all things in life are free,
and freedom has the highest cost of them all.
Remember those who gave, so you could enjoy what others do not.

Chaloss
05.20.2013 , 01:11 AM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by gankenstein View Post
3 days of work to level 18? Wow maybe you should DO IT AGAIN so you can learn to play a litttle bit better. i can get to level 18 in like 3 hours of work.....
So if you played 30 minutes a day it would take you 6 days?

Ottoattack
05.23.2013 , 02:41 PM | #536
lol What revived this dead thread.

It would be cool through if you switch AC using CM. That for once would be worth CC, unless it costs 1,000

sponym
05.24.2013 , 02:31 AM | #537
actually you can change your class in DCUO
to be clear - you dont have classes there just powers but this is a class (another role: healer, controller, tank, dps) and you can change it by the DCUO cartel coins (it has another name there but i dont remember).
You just need new items becase you cannot wear tank items when you are a healer etc. So i think it could be done in SW TOR to change advanced class - you just will need new items for this class :P

CaptianFordo
05.24.2013 , 01:38 PM | #538
I've been playing the Imperial Agent for a few days now. At level 10, after much consideration, I decided to go operative over sniper because it seemed like a cool class that snuck around and then stabbed people. However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output, so I just thought to myself "well I tried out operative and didn't like it, I should probably go sniper". That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS. Why wouldn't Bioware let players change their advanced class. At this point I was level 18 and if I wanted to go sniper I would have to repeat about 3 days of work. I have loved this game so far, but this is the first major issue that I have run into. I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.
Don't just click things.

READ
The Shadowlands
Thire(55) Haythom(55) Ortel'fez(55) A'din(55) Halusia(55)
<HoneyBadgers>

DemonMoMana
11.05.2013 , 07:50 PM | #539
I love everything about this game so far except that "You Can't Change Your Advance Class". At level 10 you don't really have the full experience yet. In spite of this you are expected to make an informed decision on something of such major importance. At level 10 you don't really comprehend just how important this decision is until you make the wrong choice and there is no way to fix it; unless you start all over again.

Mazikeen
11.15.2013 , 09:45 AM | #540
However, after awhile I decided that operative was much too slow and had pitiful damage output
Apparently you're not one of those people that researches things before making decisions.

That's when I found out that YOU CAN NEVER CHANGE YOUR ADVANCED CLASS.
Apparently you're not one of those people that doesn't read before making decisions because the AC trainer popup TELLS YOU that you cannot change your AC.

I hate myself for saying this, but WoW did it better.
You cannot change your AC, in part, because you need to learn how to actually play your class. When you get to 55 and ask 'derp, I didn't know I had X ability, what does it do?' many people wish to become violent. Just because WoW does it, and just because you like to take the easy route, doesn't make it a good idea.

Leveling from 1-10 takes 3 hours. Reroll.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds