Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rest XP?

Eqor
10.30.2013 , 04:51 PM | #1
Just a general question about Rest XP. When your sub ends, do all of your character's accumulated rest xp vanish, or just stays with the character until it is used up?

Gloomycakes
10.30.2013 , 06:51 PM | #2
From experience I can tell it vanishes. My friend gave me his old account when he quit, went from Sub to Preferred and his characters lost their rested XP.
"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few." ~Cheshire

Strixs
10.31.2013 , 11:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gloomycakes View Post
From experience I can tell it vanishes. My friend gave me his old account when he quit, went from Sub to Preferred and his characters lost their rested XP.

Yes but does it truly vanish? Or is it saved for you once you resubb?
i stopped playing for over a year, came back and resubbed then logged back on and all my chars had rested exp to full it seemed like. So did it save it for me because i could have played before that but of course i would be pref and not a sub

JacksonMo
10.31.2013 , 09:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Strixs View Post
Yes but does it truly vanish? Or is it saved for you once you resubb?
i stopped playing for over a year, came back and resubbed then logged back on and all my chars had rested exp to full it seemed like. So did it save it for me because i could have played before that but of course i would be pref and not a sub
Sounds like it builds automatically whether you are subbed or not (it pre-dates F2P) and unlocks again when you reactivate your subscription.

Phantomdarklord
10.31.2013 , 11:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Sounds like it builds automatically whether you are subbed or not (it pre-dates F2P) and unlocks again when you reactivate your subscription.
Correct this i can tell from experience as i went preferred lost my rested xp left for a month resubed and had quiet alot of rested xp on my character

Eqor
11.01.2013 , 03:41 AM | #6
Thank you for your help.

JacksonMo
11.04.2013 , 10:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Phantomdarklord View Post
Correct this i can tell from experience as i went preferred lost my rested xp left for a month resubed and had quiet alot of rested xp on my character
I do know it maxes out at one full level though. So, lets say your level requires 500k to reach the next level, it stops at 500k rested xp. It doesn't matter whether you are 499K to go, or nearly there. But since only killing mobs reduces it (not quest turn ins, exploration or lore objects) that can easily stretch for several levels.

Thylbanus
11.05.2013 , 08:28 AM | #8
You accumulate rested XP until your subscription ends and it does not have an "expiration date." It remains until used or you resubscribe.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Kurzaa
11.05.2013 , 08:48 AM | #9
Been f2p and just subscribed this weekend. I can vouch that none of my characters had rested experience.

I do have a question on rested experience however. How long does it take to cap? A few days, week, longer?

Superisak
11.05.2013 , 09:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurzaa View Post
Been f2p and just subscribed this weekend. I can vouch that none of my characters had rested experience.

I do have a question on rested experience however. How long does it take to cap? A few days, week, longer?
Dont have any exact numbers but think its around 4-5 days from my experience (to go from 0 to capped rested xp)