A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

[James asked me to post this on his behalf; he's working hard on the content below! - Stephen]

A lot of people have been asking for more information on our future plans. What are we going to provide for players in terms of features and content? While we've given some information on what features we're working on, we haven't given much detail about content. We've said that we'll be providing new Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones. Now we'd like to give some more details on what they are.

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation. The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles. I can't go into much detail, but be prepared for something different. The expanded Operation takes the existing Karagga's Palace scenario and more than triples it in size. It includes three new boss monsters and some pretty epic set pieces. You won’t believe the last boss, so we’ve provided an image as a tease.

[See the screenshot on the Community Blog.]

We plan to continue releasing Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones and new game systems on a regular cadence. This patch coming early next year is only a taste of what is to come. Stay tuned for more announcements!

Edited by StephenReid

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work! I think a lot of players were concerned that your production time for new content would be much greater than what you'd see from other MMO's because of the polish and more importantly - the voiceovers. Edited by Proto

How about letting us choose the warzone we want instead of having to play hutt ball 9/10 games.

Why do you go out of your way to prevent world pvp.

WHATS THE POINT OF NEW/MORE WARZONES IF WE CANT PLAY ANYTHING BUT HUTTBALL ANYWAY?

Edited by TheMove

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

Edited by Sabster

I am looking forward to it! Great to see fresh content will be coming on a regular basis. I am looking forward to the new warzone(s). I really like Alderran and the Void Star. I am not so crazy about Huttball. With quick bug smashing and regular content this game is going to be super!

Guild problems (we still have no guild - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

:rolleyes:

You act like they aren't aware of the bugs... Chill out and wait for them to start fixing things. WoW wasn't (still isn't) perfect.. Look at major patch days on WoW... LOL

People just need to chill out about fixing bugs and let them do their job, just because they said they are making new content, doesn't mean they aren't fixing bugs. Go read the dev tracker from time to time. ;)

Guild problems (we still have no guild - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

The quest issue I haven't heard off, Leak on Taris has had a fix as far as I know.

And your guild problem can be sorted by just making the guild manually?

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

whos to say those fix are not coming at the same time if not before, all the post said was here is our plans for content next month

How about

- Mounts (life ones)

- Freeflight

- Space battles

- More open PvP

- More FLUFF stuff..like collectables, trophies

- A place to decorate on your ship and where you can place trophies (like eq2 and SWG)

- Deeper craft system

- Pod racing

- better cantina music and atmosphere when you enter a cantina

etc. Dont really need more flashpoints or operations at this point.. havent even done other ones yet or level to 50.. were not all raiding you know.. need more solo stuff..FLUFF..things to do

:) :)

Awesome sneak peak, thanks!

To those asking about bug fixes, I'm sure you've got to know there are different teams working on different things. I'm sure the bug team is hard at work on the variety of issues. People have been asking for an update on new content coming down the pipe, and that's what this is. Doesn't mean they're not also working on bugs.

Memory leaks on Taris...

memory leak is already fixed, at least watch the patch notes dude

I dont know, new stuff already 1 month after game release is too soon imo. Id rather see some big patch repairing many buggs ive encountered (Taris lag, hard mode flashpoints bugs, companions protesting to do stuff, etc.) Dont get me wrong, i really like this game, i just want it to be more polished before new stuff arives.

What about coming out with new planets so when we play SWTTOR and when new playersa play SWTOR, each time we roll a class, there isdifferent combinations of planets we can go through to get to max level ?

I dont know about you but at end game, i dont think i can live on just operations and flashpoints over and over ??

New planets are key in me rerolling a new character and experiencing fresh contact in the process.

This is just my feelings, uim not upset just stating what I think would be cool , youve given us the storylines for each class, so thats really 4 different roles if you stick tpo one faction, but the abundance of planets fior each tier is sparce dont you think ?