Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,314 69.28%
Operations 926 27.72%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.47%
Companions 882 26.41%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.44%
Planets 1,389 41.59%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.43%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 810 24.25%
Legacy 832 24.91%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.19%
Playable Races 981 29.37%
New Class 1,379 41.29%
Other 224 6.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3340. You may not vote on this poll

Andryah
11.04.2013 , 06:22 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
I'm cool with polls when there is no overarching and blatant agenda. Interesting results thus far.

/popcorn
Polling inside the forum is actually good. Why? Because it puts to rest the hyperbole about what's popular and what's not popular. It worked great in beta when someone would light off a conspiracy of thought.. and a poll would show that they were completely full of bantha poop.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Reno_Tarshil
11.04.2013 , 06:28 PM | #32
Class Stories should be the top answer for shure.

Clarian
11.04.2013 , 06:35 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
I'd pay a higher sub if I could get more class story (an actual chapter 4), and some more class/AC's. Bioware just needs to tell us how much they would need to make it, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that the community would make it happen.
That's quite an interesting idea. If they originally planned on x million subscribers at $15 a month being enough to let them take the class stories to chapter 12...how much would the monthly rate have to increase to match that revenue stream with the stabilized(?) subscriber base?

Yeah, I'd be willing to go higher than $15, if that's what it took...

LordArtemis
11.04.2013 , 06:36 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Polling inside the forum is actually good. Why? Because it puts to rest the hyperbole about what's popular and what's not popular. It worked great in beta when someone would light off a conspiracy of thought.. and a poll would show that they were completely full of bantha poop.
Exactly. In fact those beta polls are used quite often as references to actual player desires as opposed to guesses based on...well...nothing.

I am glad to see them back if this isnt a glitch.

Malckiah
11.04.2013 , 09:23 PM | #35
lets keep this going, it is really great to see what the community actually wants!

Andryah
11.04.2013 , 09:29 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Malckiah View Post
lets keep this going, it is really great to see what the community actually wants!
I agree.

What's interesting to me is to see such a low vote count for PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc).

Given all the PvP drama in the forum the last month or so.. you would think it would be much higher. I guess polling proves that the handful of PvP instigators (that have now expired subs, and can no longer post) were not representing the masses of PvP players like they said they were.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

GalacticKegger
11.04.2013 , 11:43 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Ya. They were great because they told the real story of what the community wanted. LOL ... I had a whole spreadsheet ready to rock using SurveyMonkey too. I hope this is brought back as a regular feature.

What the results thus far tell me is that the community wants more of what Bioware does best - that which got them here starting with the KOTOR franchise.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.05.2013 , 12:27 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Malckiah View Post
you mean, what the leftover community really wants. Do you think that really counts?

well look at that, found this old poll on mmorpg.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...346533#5346533

So if you had a restaurant which had 100 guests every day, and suddenly your guest number drops down to 10 guests every day, would you ask those remaining 10 if you should fire the cook or put more of the same on the menu?

GalacticKegger
11.05.2013 , 12:39 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
you mean, what the leftover community really wants. Do you think that really counts?

well look at that, found this old poll on mmorpg.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...346533#5346533

So if you had a restaurant which had 100 guests every day, and suddenly your guest number drops down to 10 guests every day, would you ask those remaining 10 if you should fire the cook or put more of the same the menu?
Well look at that, found this old poll on swtor.com

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=205792&page=3

So if you had a restaurant which had 200 regulars the first month, and saw your number of regulars drop down to 25 after a year, then back up to 50 with another 170 or so guests continually venturing in & out sampling the menu the next year, would you ask those 50 if they want the menu changed, if they want more of the same, or if they want a combination of the two? Who cares ... they are being asked. That's all a poll is. Whether or not the number of participants is enough to satisfy your idea of a serviceable sample size is irrelevant.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Rafaman
11.05.2013 , 12:54 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Ya. They were great because they told the real story of what the community wanted. LOL ... I had a whole spreadsheet ready to rock using SurveyMonkey too. I hope this is brought back as a regular feature.

What the results thus far tell me is that the community wants more of what Bioware does best - that which got them here starting with the KOTOR franchise.
Yeah, the results are hardly surprising but certainly telling. I wonder what is in the "Other" category.