Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

If we were to get NiM Flashpoints...


VoW_LugNut's Avatar


VoW_LugNut
11.03.2013 , 04:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Then they removed it with current flashpoints content that only drops none setbonus, no more tokens or any setbonus items, your point?
Just saying that it's not unheard of. Dscount's "no way in Hoth" comment seemed like he was saying that the mere suggestion that set bonus gear would drop from flashpoints was an affront to the very idea of the game. No need to get defensive

I agree that it's not a good idea, as set bonus pieces are only necessary for those doing high level operations. There really is no reason for them to drop there, when you can pug into any of the hundreds of story mode 16 man S&V or TFB runs being formed on fleet every day and get some arkanian if you want it that bad.

EDIT: As it stands now, I tend to somewhat use the presence of an Underworld set bonus (or higher) an indicator of said player's skill. If they haven't even completed enough of HM S&V or HM TFB to pick up a couple set pieces, I really wouldn't be too enthusiastic about inviting them to a PUG run. For instance, the other day, one of my guildies was in a DF 16 man PUG run for ultimate comms, wherein one of the tanks was quite proud and boastful that he was "full 78s" and they should "let me take care of the tanking". Well, he was full 78s, alright(save the mainhand hilt)... complete with accuracy and alacrity enhancements. He also couldn't pull off anything even closely resembling a rotation and the only time he kept aggro was when he fired off his taunts.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

TheSupaCoopa's Avatar


TheSupaCoopa
11.03.2013 , 06:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Agree! No way in HOTH are they going to add Token Drops to FP's.
The Vigilant dropped an Unassembled Arkanian Implant in SM once...
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

TralyanSavo's Avatar


TralyanSavo
11.03.2013 , 07:52 PM | #23
I would like Nightmare mode FPs even if they had lockouts. I don't know how to work out gear, but honestly even if they just dropped vanity gear I'd be ok with it.

I would like:

Red Reaper. This is one of my favorite flashpoints. The fact that there's no HM is ridiculous.

Directive 7. Mentor in Nightmare would be awesome.

False Emperor. The final fight is epic and needs to be made relevant again.

Lost Island. Bring this one back!
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Kaidensareno's Avatar


Kaidensareno
11.03.2013 , 08:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
The Vigilant dropped an Unassembled Arkanian Implant in SM once...
There's a high chance that SM Vigilant in the new CZ-198 flashpoint to drop an Arkanian Implant. It's happened on many many occasions. So the thought of not adding token drops to Flashpoint content can go out of the window now, it's already been done.

I'm all for NiM content for Flashpoint. Bring back Colicoid Wargames, Taral V and Maelstrom/Boarding Party and The Foundry, Red Reaper (please), Directive 7, Kaon, Lost Island, False Emperor, Battle of Ilum.

Make the gear rating recommended for the flashpoint be 69/72s, which would be in line for HM TFB/SnV, and make the bosses drop non-token 72 pieces with no set bonus on them.

Loc_n_lol's Avatar


Loc_n_lol
11.04.2013 , 05:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Dude, if you haven't done S&V or TFB Hard Mode yet, you wouldn't stand a chance in Flashpoints got a Nightmare mode
I don't see why not.
"Hardmode" flashpoints seem to be roughly equivalent in raw difficulty to story mode operations, so nightmare flashpoints could be equivalent to hardmode ops.

The fact is, on my server at least but I suspect this is general, most of the people queuing for lvl 55 HM FPs outgear them significantly, making the whole experience a faceroll.

Flashpoints require a lot less organization and time commitment than operations, that alone is a good reason to provide more of that type of content. But it doesn't have to be extremely easy. And with any luck it will mean fewer overgeared character in hardmode queues, so more of a chalenge for hardmode FPs too.

As for what they should drop, I suppose the logic would be one tier above hardmode, so Verpine gear and ultimate comms. The problem here is that since Bioware decided to bump up a tier what each commendation type can buy, people are basically queuing for content that drops the kind of gear they already have a full set of (and expecting others to be at that gear level too), and that would likely be no different here.

Bowenator's Avatar


Bowenator
11.04.2013 , 01:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
The Vigilant dropped an Unassembled Arkanian Implant in SM once...
Every time I've done Vigilant he drops either an Arkanian earpiece or implant. But neither of those items bestow set bonus, which I think is the point of only making set bonuses available through operations.

Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
The fact is, on my server at least but I suspect this is general, most of the people queuing for lvl 55 HM FPs outgear them significantly, making the whole experience a faceroll.
When they first came out, many were complaining about how difficult the new content was and it needed to be nerfed. In fact, that's what happened to Lost Island. So many cries of "too hard!" I do not have a link or citation but I believe the developers essentially said they probably wouldn't make FP content that hard again because of the QQ it caused.

I'm all for harder content, but I also don't think it should drop operations (i.e., set bonus) gear. This leads to a question of incentive. Even the Czerka FPs when they came out had no incentive for multiple runs from experienced and geared raiders who were already in 72s.

Realistically I'm not sure we'll see anything besides "fluff" FPs (like Czerka) until a level cap increase or new tier of gear.
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
11.04.2013 , 02:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
I don't see why not.
Since he said " the proposed difficulty of the NiM FPs would almost have to keep up with NiM SnV/TfB".
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

thecoffeecup's Avatar


thecoffeecup
11.04.2013 , 02:38 PM | #28
I miss the small group content when I play SWTOR. I'd be all for more FPs, just not really NiM versions of them.

Speaking as someone who just recently got into the endgame of SWTOR, it seems far too easy to get the first tiers of gear. There's nothing to it at all and everyone has it. Thus there's no sense of achievement at all. And then, if your guild isn't succesfully farming HMs/NiM, you're stuck there.

I've done hardcore raiding and found that I care much more about the social aspect. It doesn't have to be easy at all, I just wish there was *more* to it before you start hitting HM and NiM.

Now let me put on my rose-tinted glasses. At the end of vanilla WoW, they did something I very much liked. They introduced tier 0.5 (or dungeon set 2). Acquiring this set was quite time-consuming and required winning the right rolls in various dungeons for the first set, then completing a series of quests and killing more difficult dungeon bosses to upgrade it. In addition to this, gearing yourself up for the starting raids took some effort too, and the dungeons even had rare drops that you'd grind them for. That wasn't a bad thing at all, it kept the starting instances alive. There's really no gear in the FPs in SWTOR that anybody badly wants. It's trash.

Long story short, tier 0.5 proves to me that there are other ways to keep the instances interesting. I already think the instances are too short and easy on SM, by the way. It's ridiculous that one day after hitting 55, I was already healing level 55 HMs without issues. There just seems to be a few missing steps of progression here. It doesn't help that anyone with enough credits can just buy their way past the first few tiers.

Loc_n_lol's Avatar


Loc_n_lol
11.04.2013 , 03:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Since he said " the proposed difficulty of the NiM FPs would almost have to keep up with NiM SnV/TfB".
Uh.. ah... yeah... okay