Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

bdatt
11.01.2013 , 08:59 AM | #1141
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Oh, the dogs can't even be taunted at all? That explains much.
When you're new to a fight you should always take a second, target the enemies, and hover your mouse over their buffs and read the descriptions.
Kristioli | Jedi Shadow | Kinetic Combat
Pillars of Ashla

Mallorik
11.01.2013 , 11:21 AM | #1142
Quote: Originally Posted by melodylane View Post
He just runs in low health low energy and everybody else is to. Again he losses agro to me and the boss kept running over and attacking me, the dogs were on the healer. The tank for the first time in the whole FP finally speaks but itís only to spam the chat saying ďDONíT HIT BOSSĒ. Had he any sense he would have realized I wasnít I was on the dogs but because of his pig headedness he was probably out of taunts or didnít have enough energy to use them and could no longer keep agro. So I am trying to get the dogs of the healer and run from the boss at the same time. I really canít say what the other dps is doing as I am trying to save myself and our healer.

Those dogs do not have agro, you need to pick one, not run away and just dps it down. The boss also carbonites the tank and drops agro every ten seconds or so.

90% of the time when im tanking I kill the boss before the dps even kill the adds cause they are running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off losing dps on the adds. The dogs don't do much dmg as long as they don't get in the red circle around the boss.

Prototypemind
11.01.2013 , 03:43 PM | #1143
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
Those dogs do not have agro, you need to pick one, not run away and just dps it down. The boss also carbonites the tank and drops agro every ten seconds or so.

90% of the time when im tanking I kill the boss before the dps even kill the adds cause they are running all over the place like chickens with their heads cut off losing dps on the adds. The dogs don't do much dmg as long as they don't get in the red circle around the boss.
I was surprised the first two times this happened, but it has become pretty normal for me as well. Seeing them run in fear at times can be quite hilarious, though.

TACeMossie
11.01.2013 , 07:45 PM | #1144
Was a HM Hammer station.

I was a vanguard tank, and had a Scoundrel Healer (was in 63's but succesfully healed the entirety of SM Dread Fortress beforehand as well as almost all of Dread Palace, though the council bugged and we pulled out), a sentinel and a gunslinger. The op was going pretty well, though I failed with holding thread against the combat sentinel against the first couple of trash pulls and he died (he blamed himself, we joked about it, and then I put the guard on him for the rest of the fight). The gunslinger stays pretty quiet for the whole time.

We get onto the first boss, and get him down to about 50% health and the scoundrel forgets to cleanse the heat beam, and I die. He then resses me, but the momentum of the fight is lost and both the sentinel and the slinger get taken out, but just me and the healer managed to down the boss from 40% - 0% (he was an amazing healer).

Then the slinger leaves without a word.

"Who needs him" I say, pulled out Aric, put my DPS gear on him, and we finished the flashpoint with the only other death being Aric to a grenade against Kresshan (controlling where he stands is hard)

Sorei
11.02.2013 , 08:01 AM | #1145
I meet a lot of Assassin tanks who never use Discharge even though it makes the job so much easier.
I told the last one to use it, but she wouldn't even use it once.

Darkelefantos
11.02.2013 , 09:34 AM | #1146
So just now I was one of these weird people, I guess. Czerka Core Meltdown SM, le me working on mah Gunslinger. She's not well geared yet, but I generally do OK, especially since it's only SM. So the GF pops with a pure DPS group. 2 Commandos who are well geared and really know their stuff, and a Sage who does really well too. Suffice to say, between those guys, the trash melted at a speed where entering cover would have been unreasonable. I did well on the Jungle boss. Then on the desert boss, I have some sort of glitch where the enemy vanishes inside of the floor (so I lost 1 Comm ). While my compatriots get rid of the boss, I cast 1 Freighter Flyby and activate the Kolto tank. That's all I can do since I can't see the boss. They must have considered me soooooooo useless

Also, I barely managed to to anything on the Vigilant aswell. Not only did they kill everything so quickyl that I barely had time to take cover and get some shots of, no, of course the Vigilant has some obsession for blue skinned Twi'lek smugglers and uses his electro AOE on me constantly.

Alas, my group was amazing, but I felt useless.

Kingsbount
11.02.2013 , 02:35 PM | #1147
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorei View Post
I meet a lot of Assassin tanks who never use Discharge even though it makes the job so much easier.
I told the last one to use it, but she wouldn't even use it once.
Unfortunatly its true.
I guess they don't bother to read description of skill more closely. And since it doesn't do much damage, they ignore it.

feketebirka
11.03.2013 , 07:50 AM | #1148
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Was a HM Hammer station.
Had quite the experience in Hammer station last night. My main tank is jugg lvl55 with 33k hp (66+69 purples+1x72), not top, but i am still working on it, so off to gf, and - voila - insta pop HM Hammer station. Guildmate with oricon head gear also gets rolled in the group, so we say Hi, and all goes well up to the mining droid. Now, i have done this FP a couple of times, but now my HP seems to drop quite fast, and eventually I die ... sorc resses me, and tells that "you are a bit undergeared for this fp" ... well .. that was no problem up to this point, and thats why i run these fp-s to gear up ... now i do notice, that this stacking debuff gets up to as high as 8 before being clensed, and also see that there are no shields on me ... anyway, its a wipe, and the 2 dps quit (i dunno why, they dont say). I feel guilty and furious, anyway I try to reason with healer that maybe clensing and shield spamming will work .. After a few mins we get 2 new dps, and the rest of the fp goes smooth somehow ...

So i could call it a day, but I also have a mostly 69/72 gunslinger on the rep side, so off to gf hm55, and you know what? its hammer station hard mode. the tank is a guardian with 28k hp, and they seem to have issues to move on. They are at the 3 boss trio (dunno their name, who lurk before the moral choice consol). We down them (tank seemed to have taunt issues), and also successfully downed the bonus boss on second try. Actually we had zero problems afterwards ...

I dunno what healers have with "not top geared" tanks .. reasonable tanks seem to be rare, still people try their best to upset them and get onto their ignore list.

My last run was also hammer staton now SM with jedi shadow, lvl15. I always wanted to try this, because it has the most challenging encounter for low lvl tanks: 2 gold 2 strong 2 regular droid mobs. I actually planned it quite perfectly (heal was lvl23 scoundrel, dps were lvl16 gs and lvl22 idk). So I thinkt it over .. and start saying "gunslinger you need to cc the gold on the left ... wait .. NOT NOW!" oh well .. i start hitting them 1by1 (i dont use aoe taunt, it would break cc), turn around, and the cc'd is already broken, dps baller at it .. oh well .. i die, but can respawn, and boost back to the fight. All goes well afterwards, except for the gunslinger who tends to pull mobs before me even when we still fight the previous group (got gs, she can sit on her ***, if she wants). So as increasing tank drama queen i say "it is highly impolite for you to pull before tank". Does not reply, and continues to pull mobs ...

In my opinion, there is one task for the dps on sub-50 fp's: do not get on the ignore list of the tank ...

Prototypemind
11.03.2013 , 10:13 AM | #1149
Quote: Originally Posted by feketebirka View Post
Had quite the experience in Hammer station last night. My main tank is jugg lvl55 with 33k hp (66+69 purples+1x72), not top, but i am still working on it, so off to gf, and - voila - insta pop HM Hammer station. Guildmate with oricon head gear also gets rolled in the group, so we say Hi, and all goes well up to the mining droid. Now, i have done this FP a couple of times, but now my HP seems to drop quite fast, and eventually I die ... sorc resses me, and tells that "you are a bit undergeared for this fp" ... well .. that was no problem up to this point, and thats why i run these fp-s to gear up ... now i do notice, that this stacking debuff gets up to as high as 8 before being clensed, and also see that there are no shields on me ... anyway, its a wipe, and the 2 dps quit (i dunno why, they dont say). I feel guilty and furious, anyway I try to reason with healer that maybe clensing and shield spamming will work .. After a few mins we get 2 new dps, and the rest of the fp goes smooth somehow ...
If heals doesn't cleans the laser at 5 stacks, you're gonna have a bad time =p

The laser does nothing pretty much every other round with Force Shroud for Shadows/sins, but other then that it better be cleansed or it's going to be a wipe.

bdatt
11.03.2013 , 10:43 AM | #1150
Quote: Originally Posted by feketebirka View Post
i dont use aoe taunt, it would break cc
Not true. Maybe the Vanguards might on the enemy directly targeted, but none others. Even abilities like Slow Time and Guardian Slash do not break cc except the direct target.
Kristioli | Jedi Shadow | Kinetic Combat
Pillars of Ashla