Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
PVP Tank Gearing in 2.0

Zoom_VI
10.31.2013 , 08:40 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
Anyone have thoughts on preferable relics for PVP? I figured the defense proc is a no brainer, but I was thinking the proc that gives you an absorb shield would be preferable to the one that gives you extra absorb AFTER you shield an attack. But maybe I'm thinking about how it would work out worse. I basically see the one as a guaranteed amount of damage being absorbed if I'm getting hit, whereas a higher absorb rating means I have to shield the next few attacks to get something out of it.

Now, the fortunate redoubt relic (think that's the one that gives you a small shield) only procs every 40 seconds, so maybe that's too much of a drawback? I'd appreciate any thoughts people had.
The defense relic is actually the worst tank relic for PvP, the shield amplification relic and reactive warding relics are the BiS

The defense relic is only giving ~5% defense chance on 35% uptime, and that's only good for half the attacks in PVP anyway. Chances are the defense relic's proc will not affect anything for most of its procs.

Absorb is good because shield affects both F/T and M/R attacks and shield has a higher chance to proc than defense rating

The RW relic is also good since flat absorb is dependable
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Mallorik
11.10.2013 , 08:19 PM | #42
Are people still stacking end augs for pvp tanks? I just swapped out all my abs/def augs for fort augs and I feel really squishy now, ive only played a few wz's so far so I just could be unlucky.

Willzilla
11.10.2013 , 11:19 PM | #43
For a pvp powertech, would it even be worth stacking shield augs? I can totally see absorb being worth it. But to actually have a slightly better chance to shield attacks may be even better?

Zoom_VI
11.11.2013 , 09:36 AM | #44
Augs depend on class. For Sin and Vanguard tanks - fortitude augs are a must. Sins take it because of the increase in self-healing and to give a buffer to counter their spiky nature. VG take it because they have such low shield and defense chance and little DcD they have to have the buffer.

Guardians it is a wash mostly because of how effective their DcD are and their tree has several talents such as crushing blow for Sonic wall that are entirely independent from gear stats. I would actually advocate for a jug to take maybe half absorb and half endurance augs, but running full endurance augs isn't terrible in any means.

Will have to wait for 2.5 to see if Sin stat priority changes.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns