Assassin Tanking Relics (2.5 Upcoming changes)

Jaspless

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the BiS relics for an Assassin tank after they make the changes come 2.5? We won't be able to heal ourselves anymore, meaning the EM relic will be worthless. Also, there are some new relics available with the current 2.4 content.

I'm fairly certain the Relic of Fortunate Redoubt will still be BiS, but I'm wondering what will replace the EM relic.

Tyeshali

I'm actually curious with them fixing the warding relic soon, is that going to nerf its PvE abilities as well? Because from my original understanding I thought it was supposed to essentially be similar to the Sonic Barrier/Sonic Wall but that anyone could use, not "omgwtfbbq OP"

I'm actually curious with them fixing the warding relic soon, is that going to nerf its PvE abilities as well? Because from my original understanding I thought it was supposed to essentially be similar to the Sonic Barrier/Sonic Wall but that anyone could use, not "omgwtfbbq OP"

The non-OP Warding relic is still BiS (dipstik's calculations were based on the intended behaviour). Right now, it's just super OP and even better. I believe it's absorbing all damage in the 6s window that it is active.

• 2 weeks later...

It's likely to take me quite a while to get the Dread Forged Reactive Warding relic but I could get the Obroan one (PVP tier 2) one with a little bit of effort -- I'm assuming that 1 less endurance and 8 less power (compared to the Arkanian one) is significantly outweighed by the 620 more damage absorption.

Arkanian Relic of Reactive Warding: +89 Endurance +29 Power

On Hit: Incoming attacks have a 30% chance to grant an Absorb Shield that protects the user from 740 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 40 seconds. It will not trigger inside of PvP areas.

vs:

Obroan Relic of Reactive Warding: +88 Endurance +109 Expertise Rating +21 Power

On Hit: Incoming attacks have a 30% chance to grant an Absorb Shield that protects the user from 1360 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 40 seconds.

(Why is there no Underworld version of this Relic?)

While restricting them to PVP only (the PVP relics) would definately make it much harder to get those great RW relics, It would suck for me personally to get the PVE one since I'm getting charlie-bravo'd left and right by my dps and my healers ganking the PVE dread Forged as soon as it drops! While the PVP one is easier to get - 700 reg wz coms for conquerer, then 1300 ranked for the upgraded; WZs still suck grinding to get the comms to get the relic. I currently despise PVP

I used to be all PVP, elite warlord all elite warlord gear, then the gimp to the WZ gear and I pretty much said F-you bioware wasting my time in this time sink game only to make me timesink more into the new stuff. Dumped PVP and went staright PVE. I only did it recently to get the new relics as fast as possible without waiting to clear stuff for the PVE ones, actually its easier to get the PVE relic than the PVP from my perspective depending on your Op group. If your OP group blows, then ya suck it up and get to PVPing.

Ultimately fair is fair, if the PVE ones don't proc in PVP, seems right to have the PVP ones only proc in PVP...

Actually, we've been here before with PVP relics -- remember that the War Hero/Elite War Hero relics that had large, fixed amounts of Defense, Shield or Power were BiS for a fair while prior to 2.0.

Anyhow, I had almost enough unranked and ranked saved up (probably mostly from before 2.0, I haven't PVP'd much on my Shadow since then) and I just got the daily done to get enough ranked that I didn't have to "waste" regular comms to get the Obroan relic of Reactive Warding last night.

Thanks guys.

So I understand in the entirety of the fight the RW relic is best, but I think I've decided to use my DF Fortunate Redoubt, then switch between either Shrouded Crusader or Imperiling Serenity depending on the fight. I feel having an extra CD to pop on those "Oh crap" moments may be more useful for my Assassin than negating 1,300 dmg every 40 seconds.

I do appreciate all the info you guys have given me!

Tye

I have 2 questions. (Doesn't want to start new thread)

1. Would Obroan RW and Dread Forged RW stack? (a.k.a. don't share internal cd)

2. Which one is better between Obroan RW and Conqueror RW?

(Optional) Pre 2.5, Is healing relic still viable for shadow tank? I have Kell Dragon healing relic so I don't know if I should switch it out.

I'd really like to see them restrict PvP relics to just warzones. After all, PvE relics don't work in PvP.

What if us PvP'ers want to run some dailies, flashpoints, or maybe some ops? I get where you coming from with PvE relics not working, but then again they could never make expertise potent enough to nullify PvE relics becoming BiS for PvP.

What if us PvP'ers want to run some dailies, flashpoints, or maybe some ops? I get where you coming from with PvE relics not working, but then again they could never make expertise potent enough to nullify PvE relics becoming BiS for PvP.

What if us PvE'ers want to run some warzones? Why should you be able to switch freely without having to change relics, while we can't? Our relics doesn't work at all in your content so we have to get a separate set, there's no reason for you not having to do the same.

Either make them not work when inside a phase (could make it whenever you're not in a WZ, but that would prevent them from being used in open world PVP too), or simply nerf them to be slightly weaker than arkanian relics, just like the rest of the gear. Since PVE relics don't work at all, they'll still be BiS for PVP.

With only 1 relic dropping/week, it's gonna take 16 weeks to get a raid group fully geared with them, and until then oberoan is best for the second slot, which is just as stupid as you PVPers having to get dread forged to use in warzones.

What if us PvE'ers want to run some warzones? Why should you be able to switch freely without having to change relics, while we can't? Our relics doesn't work at all in your content so we have to get a separate set, there's no reason for you not having to do the same.

Either make them not work when inside a phase (could make it whenever you're not in a WZ, but that would prevent them from being used in open world PVP too), or simply nerf them to be slightly weaker than arkanian relics, just like the rest of the gear. Since PVE relics don't work at all, they'll still be BiS for PVP.

With only 1 relic dropping/week, it's gonna take 16 weeks to get a raid group fully geared with them, and until then oberoan is best for the second slot, which is just as stupid as you PVPers having to get dread forged to use in warzones.

Kell dragon and Dread Forged relics are BiS in PvE period. If you make them function in PvP they will most likely become BiS in PvP. Now tell me do you have to do PvP to get dread forged? So why should I have to do PvE to get BiS for PvP.

PvP relics work outside of warzones, because

1. OW-PvP happens
  2. They are never going to be BiS for PvE anyway.
  3. PvP'ers do have to run dailies you know.

i think they fixed the stacking of RW in the past patch. oberon is better. until 2.5 healing relic is still viable.

Clarify for me:

Effects no longer trigger simultaneously when the following relics equipped at the same time:

Focused Retribution

Ephemeral Mending

Fortunate Redoubt

Reactive Warding

Shield Amplification

Devastating Vengeance

Serendipitous Assault

Just means I can't use two of the SAME proc relic and get double procs, right? RW + FR = still good? Or does "shares this limit with similar defensive effects" mean that RW, FR, and shield amp all share the same proc cd because they're all defensive? I'd almost rather toss an old EWH back in instead of deal with the clicky aspect of a shrouded crusader or the def one.

Edited by Yossariank

Kell dragon and Dread Forged relics are BiS in PvE period. If you make them function in PvP they will most likely become BiS in PvP. Now tell me do you have to do PvP to get dread forged? So why should I have to do PvE to get BiS for PvP.

1. OW-PvP happens

1. Hence why Isaid they could be turned off only in phases
  2. With the proc being stronger than kell dragon though, they will be the best people can get the first few weeks after a new tier is released
  3. You have to run PVE dailies just as much as we have to run PVP dailies

Edited by steave

1. OW-PvP happens

Actually, considering that currently Oberon and Dread Forged give the same proc bonuses it is highly unlikely that Dread Forged would be BiS, unless you're specifically referring to boundless ages.

Secondly, until they fixed the stacking bug, they WERE BiS for PVE. Even now they're second BiS, which means if I want one I have to do a non-trivial amount of PVP.

Finally, PVE dailies are so easy that it literally doesn't matter whether or not your relics work for that.

I like the suggestion of making PVP relics not work in phases. Keeps them out of operations, but keeps them for OW-PVP and you can still use them for dailies.