Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

ATAMIANM
10.30.2013 , 11:36 AM | #1121
Czerka core Meltdown HM.

Join group in progress as DPS, they are on one of the mini-bosses (the one that creates the sandstorm and has to be tanked near a generator. No one is talking in chat,, not even responding to hello. Tank finally attacks beast and stays in center. He does not walk beast over to generator and the sandstorm is eating us up slowly. Tank dies, wipe. I type in to say when generator glows, tank the beast over there so he destroys the generator. No response from tank. Second try, same thing, but he tanks boss near a non-lit generator. I type in "move him over here" to the lit generator. tank doesn't taunt to hold aggro, beast wipes healer and me. Other DPS quits, we get new one. Third try, same thing, tank dies nearly instantly. At this point healer says "I've had it" and we bail.

The tank was a 55, didn't check his gear but not sure how he ever could have got to 55 playing that way.

PhilD
10.30.2013 , 12:08 PM | #1122
Sounds like my PUG the other night doing Hammer Station HM, where we wiped four times because the Jugg tank didn't understand that he had to go in and turn Kreshan around instead of just attacking him from where we standing and getting us all practically one-shotted by his AoE. It was like, haven't you ever tanked this in SM?
The Finglonger Legacy

melodylane
10.30.2013 , 12:25 PM | #1123
So I was in Mandolorian Raiders SM leveling my new gunslinger. Everybody’s zoning in and I start the hellos the other dps and heals say hey but nothing from the tank. Ok no big deal I have had times where nobody said hello back and the run was smooth so I don’t think anything of it. Then the tank runs ahead and starts the action with the group that runs out of the doors, again I think nothing of it these are just trash mobs and its common in SM and HM for someone to run ahead and down these real quick.

However he didn’t down them he immediately runs over to the door that opens up and lets you in to the FP and starts engaging this group to leaving the other group I guess for us to handle along with the new group he’s just agro-ed. Thankfully the healer was up to par and was able to keep everybody alive. Everybody was taking serious damage except me I have several other alts and my 25 gunslingers gear it all purple modded out. I am sure the healer was at least thankful he didn’t have to waist energy on me to because from the looks of it he’s gonna need it all for our superman tank who won’t stop to even regain his own health.

So we are running through the FP at this break neck pace the tank won’t stop for anyone to regain health or recharge energy. Several times he’s close to death and the healer who was awesome was somehow able to keep him and the other dps up. The whole time the tank doesn’t stop not for one second, now I understand the want to get it done as quickly as possible I have run in groups like this before. But the tank in my opinion was being a total butt about it not letting anyone regain HP or energy including himself. We then come to the first boss with the dogs again the tank doesn’t stop he just runs in right after the fight with the dogs in the hallway. Again not stopping to regain health or energy it was at this point where I start to get really annoyed. Especially because in the previous fight the tank couldn’t hold agro and I was almost beat down because of it so I was for the first time at low HP and energy.

He just runs in low health low energy and everybody else is to. Again he losses agro to me and the boss kept running over and attacking me, the dogs were on the healer. The tank for the first time in the whole FP finally speaks but it’s only to spam the chat saying “DON’T HIT BOSS”. Had he any sense he would have realized I wasn’t I was on the dogs but because of his pig headedness he was probably out of taunts or didn’t have enough energy to use them and could no longer keep agro. So I am trying to get the dogs of the healer and run from the boss at the same time. I really can’t say what the other dps is doing as I am trying to save myself and our healer.

Somehow (again I chalk this up to abilities of our healer ) we down him. So now everybody is spent and I’m thinking surely he will rest for a sec now, nope he runs into the next room and starts the fight. I ran in and helped out and here we have our first death of the FP our other dps died. After the fight we rez the dps and then I see in chat the tank start a countdown 5,4,3,2,1 and the other dps isn’t even at full strength yet. It is here I left the group I say to the tank “I’m out I don’t like your attitude” then hit the quit group button he then says “What? Keep it moving” to which I reply “I understand that but you’re a butt about it”. As I am zoning back into my previous location I see whispers from the tank saying “Put me on your iggy list You’re a noob” “hahahaha lalalalalala NOOB!” “ I simply said to him before I put him on ignore “And you’re an a**! Who before long will be on everybodies ignore list.” I don’t know if he had any more to say after that as he went on ignore immediately but I have been running into a lot of tanks like this in the lower lvl fps lately. It’s really making me not want to do them until I get my new gunslinger to 55.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

sithBracer
10.30.2013 , 01:48 PM | #1124
Quote: Originally Posted by melodylane View Post
So I was in Mandolorian Raiders SM leveling my new gunslinger. Everybody’s zoning in and I start the hellos the other dps and heals say hey but nothing from the tank. Ok no big deal I have had times where nobody said hello back and the run was smooth so I don’t think anything of it. Then the tank runs ahead and starts the action with the group that runs out of the doors, again I think nothing of it these are just trash mobs and its common in SM and HM for someone to run ahead and down these real quick.

However he didn’t down them he immediately runs over to the door that opens up and lets you in to the FP and starts engaging this group to leaving the other group I guess for us to handle along with the new group he’s just agro-ed. Thankfully the healer was up to par and was able to keep everybody alive. Everybody was taking serious damage except me I have several other alts and my 25 gunslingers gear it all purple modded out. I am sure the healer was at least thankful he didn’t have to waist energy on me to because from the looks of it he’s gonna need it all for our superman tank who won’t stop to even regain his own health.

So we are running through the FP at this break neck pace the tank won’t stop for anyone to regain health or recharge energy. Several times he’s close to death and the healer who was awesome was somehow able to keep him and the other dps up. The whole time the tank doesn’t stop not for one second, now I understand the want to get it done as quickly as possible I have run in groups like this before. But the tank in my opinion was being a total butt about it not letting anyone regain HP or energy including himself. We then come to the first boss with the dogs again the tank doesn’t stop he just runs in right after the fight with the dogs in the hallway. Again not stopping to regain health or energy it was at this point where I start to get really annoyed. Especially because in the previous fight the tank couldn’t hold agro and I was almost beat down because of it so I was for the first time at low HP and energy.

He just runs in low health low energy and everybody else is to. Again he losses agro to me and the boss kept running over and attacking me, the dogs were on the healer. The tank for the first time in the whole FP finally speaks but it’s only to spam the chat saying “DON’T HIT BOSS”. Had he any sense he would have realized I wasn’t I was on the dogs but because of his pig headedness he was probably out of taunts or didn’t have enough energy to use them and could no longer keep agro. So I am trying to get the dogs of the healer and run from the boss at the same time. I really can’t say what the other dps is doing as I am trying to save myself and our healer.

Somehow (again I chalk this up to abilities of our healer ) we down him. So now everybody is spent and I’m thinking surely he will rest for a sec now, nope he runs into the next room and starts the fight. I ran in and helped out and here we have our first death of the FP our other dps died. After the fight we rez the dps and then I see in chat the tank start a countdown 5,4,3,2,1 and the other dps isn’t even at full strength yet. It is here I left the group I say to the tank “I’m out I don’t like your attitude” then hit the quit group button he then says “What? Keep it moving” to which I reply “I understand that but you’re a butt about it”. As I am zoning back into my previous location I see whispers from the tank saying “Put me on your iggy list You’re a noob” “hahahaha lalalalalala NOOB!” “ I simply said to him before I put him on ignore “And you’re an a**! Who before long will be on everybodies ignore list.” I don’t know if he had any more to say after that as he went on ignore immediately but I have been running into a lot of tanks like this in the lower lvl fps lately. It’s really making me not want to do them until I get my new gunslinger to 55.
I think a lot of people are rerolling into PT/vanguard because it is the FoTM. Many into shadow/assassin since it will be FoTM in 2.5.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

TW-Cool
10.30.2013 , 03:58 PM | #1125
I may have been at fault in this story.

I typically play as a Republic player. However, I queued in group finder for a flashpoint as a tank - sith jugg. It was an insta-pop. This was my 2nd imperial character, however my first toon never got to run this flashpoint. The flashpoint was - The Foundry (SM) . I was interested in seeing the story with how it connects to the Boarding Party storyline.

Someone says 'hello" in group chat. I announce in group chat that it was my first time in here. Someone else responds "No problem, we will tell you what to do" or something along those lines. I get up to the first conversation and begin to watch the story conversation. The same person who said they would tell me what to do kept typing "press spacebar". After the 3rd time he typed it I replieid, "but it's my first time here, I'd like to see the story". The reply was something like "We dont have time for that".

So, I said I was sorry, and that I would leave and I dropped group. Hopefully they found a new space-bar friendly tank after that.

I plan to solo the flashpoint on my lvl 55 assassin to enjoy the story first. Do you guys think I was at fault?

usernamexists
10.30.2013 , 07:49 PM | #1126
Quote: Originally Posted by TW-Cool View Post
I may have been at fault in this story.

I typically play as a Republic player. However, I queued in group finder for a flashpoint as a tank - sith jugg. It was an insta-pop. This was my 2nd imperial character, however my first toon never got to run this flashpoint. The flashpoint was - The Foundry (SM) . I was interested in seeing the story with how it connects to the Boarding Party storyline.

Someone says 'hello" in group chat. I announce in group chat that it was my first time in here. Someone else responds "No problem, we will tell you what to do" or something along those lines. I get up to the first conversation and begin to watch the story conversation. The same person who said they would tell me what to do kept typing "press spacebar". After the 3rd time he typed it I replieid, "but it's my first time here, I'd like to see the story". The reply was something like "We dont have time for that".

So, I said I was sorry, and that I would leave and I dropped group. Hopefully they found a new space-bar friendly tank after that.

I plan to solo the flashpoint on my lvl 55 assassin to enjoy the story first. Do you guys think I was at fault?

I don't think anyone is at fault. You and the group had different goals so you solved the problem
Got Jello???

LtBombshell
10.30.2013 , 11:07 PM | #1127
Ran into a drunk healer. After he went ahead and pulled some mobs numerous times, getting himself killed 2 or 3 times, we vote-kicked him.

midianlord
10.31.2013 , 07:02 AM | #1128
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
Ran into a drunk healer. After he went ahead and pulled some mobs numerous times, getting himself killed 2 or 3 times, we vote-kicked him.
On which server was this?

'Cuz I might have ran into them (Merc-healer) too!

There are classes you can play drunk in this game at end-game and still be at least somewhat effective. Healer-Merc is not one of them.

/Me sighs....

I am seriously starting to despise Mandalorian Raiders [HARD]...I think I understand all the mechanics now (from an R/DPS point of view, anyway --the lessons were/are certainly painful!), but it seems that a lot of tanks don't, or just don't care, and that will cause a wipe:

Either at the dog-beast guy because the tank isn't constantly trying to kite the dogs away from the healer/DPS --they will devour those classes/roles very, very quickly-- or at the end-boss because of AoE tagging the boss whilst fighting the turrets and not killing them fast enough (it seems that tagging the boss whilst the turrets are up will "enrage" the turrets, and then they just alpha everyone.).

Last attempt, six wipes before I finally rage-quit with a 40,000+ cred repair bill, something I normally would never do in an FP.

Attention, everyone new to [HARD] modes:

Research, be geared well, and be extra-careful in Mandalorian Raiders, but most of all:

Don't be a bad, that instance will not forgive prancing Cartel Market clothes-horse derpitude the way some others do.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Prototypemind
10.31.2013 , 07:24 AM | #1129
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
Either at the dog-beast guy because the tank isn't constantly trying to kite the dogs away from the healer/DPS --they will devour those classes/roles very, very quickly-- or at the end-boss because of AoE tagging the boss whilst fighting the turrets and not killing them fast enough (it seems that tagging the boss whilst the turrets are up will "enrage" the turrets, and then they just alpha everyone.).

Last attempt, six wipes before I finally rage-quit with a 40,000+ cred repair bill, something I normally would never do in an FP.

Attention, everyone new to [HARD] modes:

Research, be geared well, and be extra-careful in Mandalorian Raiders, but most of all:

Don't be a bad, that instance will not forgive prancing Cartel Market clothes-horse derpitude the way some others do.
The dogs can't be controlled. They'll attack whom they please in the area so the healer needs to keep everyone up and DPS needs to mark one to burn down first, then take care of the the other while the tank holds the boss up top so his red circle of love doesn't take everyone's head off.

On Varad, the tank usually has to work between Varad and the turrets to keep aggro on himself, especially tanking as a Jugg. It really shouldn't be a problem as again, DPS should have a burn order--usually closest turret first--meaning that the other turret and Varad should have no reason to even look in their direction. I've never paid it much attention but Maras and others may even be able to CC stun the second turret while the first one is taken down.

OlosBC
10.31.2013 , 08:58 AM | #1130
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
The dogs can't be controlled. They'll attack whom they please in the area so the healer needs to keep everyone up and DPS needs to mark one to burn down first, then take care of the the other while the tank holds the boss up top so his red circle of love doesn't take everyone's head off.

On Varad, the tank usually has to work between Varad and the turrets to keep aggro on himself, especially tanking as a Jugg. It really shouldn't be a problem as again, DPS should have a burn order--usually closest turret first--meaning that the other turret and Varad should have no reason to even look in their direction. I've never paid it much attention but Maras and others may even be able to CC stun the second turret while the first one is taken down.
Spot on. Tank ignores dogs.

In var ad fight, tanks won't do enough damage to var ad to push him over (20%) unless the DPS really suck. So one of thedps was focusing var ad or dropping heavy aoe on him. However, tank should still be focusing the correct turret to keep agro on it (as well as tossing a couple abilities on the second turret to keep it off healer)

Sounds like both times it wasn't a tank issue. Fancy that.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.