Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

slafko
10.29.2013 , 03:47 AM | #1101
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
On topic, uh...I got nothing. Except I accidentally ended up "tanking" Prophet of Vodal on my Sentinel after the tank died to the flames and we killed it anyway? That's weird, kind of? Or, well, funny. Not sure why the healer didn't combat rez the tank, but whatevs.
I had a pretty dumb sent dps in that flashpoint last week. He wasn't moving out of aoe and I made it my job to kill him at the final boss. He died three times there. Still didn't learn.

HBCentaurion
10.29.2013 , 03:48 AM | #1102
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
...but you'll get 2 stacks of TA when you pop out of stealth at the start of combat, and your third one usually comes as soon as you hit Recuperative Nanotech if not from the first tick of Kolto Probe. Also, if you're already healing before combat starts, then when combat does start, the first aggro event most of the mobs are going to have is your heals...
No, just no. Using stealth to gain TA is a sign of bad OP healer. Nothing makes me rage harder than an Operative that uses stealth for TA and spams Kolto Injection. The aggro you get from Kolto Probes is negligible. As an Operative healer one should have 2 x Kolto Probes on all party members (4 in flashpoints and 8 in operations).

Elusive_Thing
10.29.2013 , 04:10 AM | #1103
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
No, just no. Using stealth to gain TA is a sign of bad OP healer. Nothing makes me rage harder than an Operative that uses stealth for TA and spams Kolto Injection. The aggro you get from Kolto Probes is negligible. As an Operative healer one should have 2 x Kolto Probes on all party members (4 in flashpoints and 8 in operations).
Warzones too. Always nice to send out a team with HoTs. In FPs, even if the mobs are scattered, but I trust the tank and the DPS players will get them under control quickly, I know I can eat the few hits I might get from other healing abilities. As for stealth... I hardly use it in FPs apart from CCing.

Horaciozhao
10.29.2013 , 04:14 AM | #1104
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Just ran The Foundry HM on my level 53 Operative healer. Had a level 50 Marauder DPS, 52 PT tank and 52 Juggernaut DPS. Since FPs only have three other players and I usually am the first one ready to go, I tend to check everyone's gear. The tank actually had DPS implants, but no biggie, I've healed through worst defensive. The DPS players were both adequately geared as well, so off we go.

Things went just fine for the first four, five pulls until the tank suddenly stops running and asks me to stop spamming Kolto Probe when we are not fighting. I ask him why I should that and he replies "The green spray hinders my line of sight". I explain to him that I really like to have the Tactical Advantages I get from the ticks, so in case something goes wrong really quickly, I can use Surgical probe and Kolto Infusion. Moreover, it's nice for the healer to keep a little HoT on all the characters, since it costs me next to no energy and the healing was usually enough to mitigate the small amounts of damage the DPS guys took from the mobs.

Finally I am given an ultimatum: I either stop using Kolto Probe out of combat or the tank initiates votekick. I asked if he was serious and sure enough I see a votekick pop up. The DPS playes snickered and voted against, causing the tank to quit himself. One of the DPS fellows asked his guildie to join as a tank and with an Assassin tank geared with 72's/78's we got through darn easily! On the plus side, the Assassin did not mind my Kolto Probes at all...
wow, that's new, a tank complaining a healer trying to keep up the heal xD No kolto probe, that's funny

Elusive_Thing
10.29.2013 , 07:53 AM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by Horaciozhao View Post
wow, that's new, a tank complaining a healer trying to keep up the heal xD No kolto probe, that's funny
Far as I could tell, he was totally okay with during combat though, but the probes became a nuisance the moment we were not fighting. Guess he needed his line of sight outside combat, but could handle the pulls even with my floating spray cans annoying him...

Prototypemind
10.29.2013 , 08:53 AM | #1106
Far as I could tell, he was totally okay with during combat though, but the probes became a nuisance the moment we were not fighting. Guess he needed his line of sight outside combat, but could handle the pulls even with my floating spray cans annoying him...
I get the feeling that he doesn't understand the magic of using ze mouse to change his POV and zoom level. Not sure he'd be much fun to run with regardless knowing that.

sithBracer
10.29.2013 , 09:00 AM | #1107
I've never seen Kolto Probe ticks pull aggro in an encounter, but it could be because I tend to stand pretty far away when the fights start. Or at least that works with Juggernauts/PTs, who often leap to combat and I run after them and so on. Keeping up the probes also gives me more sustained TAs during the fights, since spending several GCDs to apply them mid-combat is just a waste of time. At least in my experience this is particularly true in boss fights that have AoE damage and where the players can be quite spread out (the droid with the electric current in the Boarding Party comes to mind).

Also, in that fight all the folks were relatively competent, the tank included. He just had a weird pet peeve. Good thing we didn't have to wait more than two or three minutes for the replacement.
Healers gain aggro from effective heals / 2 spread evenly. So if he is topped off you will not gain aggro, but if he starts losing health before the dps start attacking you will gain aggro from those left alone. Considering they only heal you for 1300 per tick the amount of aggro you get is negligible in most cases, but in cases where there are enemies spread apart I could understand the tank wanting to get a small chunk of aggro before healing starts (esp melee tanks) and then he can save his AoE taunt for a more appropriate time. My guess is he wasn't using his saber reflect often. I often use it to get a good chunk of aggro on ranged enemies that are spread apart.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Jeweledleah
10.29.2013 , 11:33 AM | #1108
heh.

I guess I'm a bad healer then. or... just someone with a different strategy

1. I see no point in having everyone with 2 stacks of kolto probes at all time. its just pointless overhealing and waste of global cooldowns. especially if you are healing operations. the ONLY time I bother to do that is if I know there's group wide damage incoming.
2. I can keep the double stack rolling on a tank AND stealth between pools if needed.
3. while Kolto injection is situation rather than spam worthy (and I'll use my stimpack for TA gain before I'll use injection - incidentally, that's why I stealth between pools, I like keeping my stimpack for for emergencies ) its still a good big useful heal. especially if you are healing assassin tank.

so.. i guess keep raging? and I'll just continue to keep my groups alive. my way. all the while maintaining my nice lovely energy reserves (and before you say anything, yes, I have healed and still heal hardmode operations)

to get back to topic..

I keep running into tanks that augment for endurance (with mainstat) - and these are tanks in basically flashpoint gear. naturally, they are spikey as hell to heal. but recently I ran into one that totally took the cake. he wasn't just augmented for endurance. he was augmented for endurance AND power. i just... why? I mean... I appreciate that you put all these effort into augmenting, but at least if you are going to spend all these credits, spend them on something a little bit more appropriate?

anwg
10.29.2013 , 11:56 AM | #1109
8*2*1.5 seconds = 24 seconds. That's how much time it takes to get it to a stack of 2 on 8 people. Once it's up then it's 8*1.5=12 seconds to just maintaining them. That just can't happen unless you are running content way below your gear level.

HBCentaurion
10.29.2013 , 12:51 PM | #1110
A blind, deaf comatose patient can heal HM operations. And anwg; you are wrong.

Anyways, continue on with the funny stories. I won't derail this anymore.