Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.4 Tank Builds

dipstik
10.25.2013 , 11:34 PM | #61
it will absorb 1.3k while its up, then be on cd. i have posted what incoming dps is required bto beat it for each relic.

bdatt
10.28.2013 , 04:32 PM | #62
TL: DR I was interested in some math to confirm mitigation >> accuracy when considering less than 100% debuff uptime due to f/t resist bosses have had since 2.0. Definitely no benefit to accuracy.

If you want to read I'd love comments on my assumptions, for knowledge stake:
Spoiler
Kristioli | Jedi Shadow | Kinetic Combat
Pillars of Ashla

leto_cleon
10.28.2013 , 08:26 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
So how does the Reactive Warding relic actually work? Does it reduce damage by X for the duration? Does it work on all damage types?
Quote: Originally Posted by Elzen View Post
Think of it like a sorc bubble that lasts 6 seconds and absorbs a maximum of 1360 damage.
Hmm... the reason I ask this is that I haven't seen any extensive parse analysis on the proc yet. I finally got my hands on an Arkanian one and from what I can tell the lockout time is not the stated 40s. This lower lockout also doesn't seem to be due to different damage types or due to different bosses/adds hitting.

What also seems to have happened when the amount of damage absorb was fixed in 2.4.1 was that if the absorbed damage is split, the total amount absorbed is slightly less (ie 739 instead of 740 for an Arkanian relic).

In terms of mitigation priority, it seems that Blade Barricade, Shield Chance and Defence Chance do take priority over the proc, so it might be the case that it works post-mitigation.

In terms what can be absorbed, the proc definitely works on internal, elemental, kinetic, and energy damage.

Spreadsheet Analysis: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

Parse: http://www.torparse.com/a/474132/18/0/Overview

Enter Combat 22:30:23
Last Proc Lost 22:36:51
Parse Length 0:06:28

Actual No of Procs 14
Expected Dmg Absorbed 10360
Actual Dmg Absorbed 10357
Actual % Avg 99.97%

Avg Time Btwn Procs 0:00:29
Min Time Btwn Procs 0:00:20

THoK-Zeus
10.29.2013 , 01:12 AM | #64
@leto:
I can confirm that the arkanian relic was double bugged since the beginning. Seems they just fixed one of the bugs. I was making a bug report about the double bug of the arkanian relic at one time.

Atleast the dread forged one is fine and doesn't have any bugs at the moment.

leto_cleon
10.29.2013 , 01:41 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
@leto:
I can confirm that the arkanian relic was double bugged since the beginning. Seems they just fixed one of the bugs. I was making a bug report about the double bug of the arkanian relic at one time.

Atleast the dread forged one is fine and doesn't have any bugs at the moment.
Hmm... I do wonder, if this lockout bug makes the Arkanian Warding Relic better.

Assuming the 40s lockout halves the number of procs, 7*1360 is only 9529 damaged absorbed (vs 10360).

THoK-Zeus
10.29.2013 , 08:20 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Hmm... I do wonder, if this lockout bug makes the Arkanian Warding Relic better.

Assuming the 40s lockout halves the number of procs, 7*1360 is only 9529 damaged absorbed (vs 10360).
Well the timer is either 20+X seconds (for the arkanian relic) or 40+X seconds (for the dread forged one). So going for a specific time (lets say your 390 sec parse):

390 sec, 14 activations means X =7,85 seconds, so its 8,15 activations of the dread forged relic (390/(40+7,85))which equals to 11084 damage.

The difference between the 2 relics depends on the X, the average additional downtime of the relic, the shorter X is, the better the arkanian relic would be.

leto_cleon
10.29.2013 , 08:42 AM | #67
Hmmm 11084 (78) vs 10360 (69) - this lockout bug Arkanian relic is making it more decent than it otherwise would be I guess.

dipstik
10.29.2013 , 02:53 PM | #68
good work bdatt. if i had done the analysis i would have gotten into a bunch of states and joint probability, but u used my slope values right, and did soem pretty intuitive math to get a result.

in terms fo the warding relic: if its post mitigation (if shield takes priority, then it would just be armor and internal resistance), that makes it light years better than the other relics. it does make it hard to keep track of though... i think best case would be to get the warding proc on leftover damage from an absorbed kinetic/energy attack... in terms of backing out the pre mitigation damage reduced.

leto_cleon
10.29.2013 , 04:44 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
in terms fo the warding relic: if its post mitigation (if shield takes priority, then it would just be armor and internal resistance), that makes it light years better than the other relics. it does make it hard to keep track of though... i think best case would be to get the warding proc on leftover damage from an absorbed kinetic/energy attack... in terms of backing out the pre mitigation damage reduced.
Hmm... I haven't seen a case where it combines with a shield roll. What it looks like is that if defence/shield/resist rolls all fail, then that damage is absorbed. Even so, I have yet to see an instance where the buff has gone to waste. What makes it hard to track though is that "loses shield defence" only appears in the log if the the damage is split. Might be a bug.

Addendum: I might be wrong. I'm going through the full log and sometimes 740 absorbed comes from "hit" and sometimes it comes from "glance" (ie shielded). I also see an instance where Blade Barrier is on and absorbs 3 internal damage hits, cause the proc not to be consumed.

leto_cleon
10.29.2013 , 11:18 PM | #70
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing (Silly me forgot to share the spreadsheet its shared now - 7 Nov)

After deciding to go through the log and look at all 80 of the shield defence procs, there are times when the presence of Force Armour or Blade Barrier causes the proc to go unconsumed. When Force Armour, Blade Barrier, Scrambling Field are present and the proc is consumed (ie the proc ends before 6s), it is very difficult to tell how the proc is consumed.