Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Brontes: Spheres, spheres everywhere!

Zenmar
10.28.2013 , 08:03 PM | #1
Hello everyone,
doing HM DF during these days with my guildmates, and yesterday we got Corruptor down, so we decided to see how Brontes was. We had no problems with the first two phases, but the clock phase got us killed due to a little lack of dps; that didn't worry us much, since we missed one of our best Sentinels.

We decided to try it again tonight, replacing a couple of people, and very strange things happened. People getting one shot by spheres even if they took them at the right moment, or two spheres targeting the same guy at the same time.

We tried to use a particular technique for the clones, to make things easier for tanks: I leaped on the clones and turned them away from the raid with my sentinel, so the tanks could both stay on the boss and speed up the swap. The other dps let me build some threat on the clone, then used aggro-drops if they got targeted.

Worked well and resulted in cleaner fights. Until the spheres came out.

I'm starting to think that using aggro-drop skills could cause the spheres to target a player even if he already has one on him, but I managed to use Force Camo and got my sphere without problems, and that is an aggro-drop.

Also no explanation for people gettin one shot at 100%HP when the sphere has exactly 15 stacks. Bug?

Any suggestions?
Aldiar
Rebel Dream

tman_ac
10.28.2013 , 10:20 PM | #2
If 100% is less than like 15-20k HP, then I would assume you're undergeared.

As a Sentinel you can easily mitigate the damage, even if you receive 2 spheres in a row:

- use saber ward + force camouflage for the first one
- use guarded by the force for the 2nd one

Healers should be always aware who is targeted by the spheres to give hots and or shield to that player.

If you have a guardian tank, you can use him very well for the transition to the next phase as you can mitigate all damage from a sphere with using saber reflect > taunt > force leap to it.

It's really not difficult to get past of that phase. You need some practice and then it becomes very easy.

Good luck!
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

tman_ac
10.28.2013 , 10:36 PM | #3
If 100% is less than like 15-20k HP, then I would assume you're undergeared.

As a Sentinel you can easily mitigate the damage, even if you receive 2 spheres in a row:

- use saber ward + force camouflage for the first one
- use guarded by the force for the 2nd one

Healers should be always aware who is targeted by the spheres to give hots and or shield to that player.

If you have a guardian tank, you can use him very well for the transition to the next phase as you can mitigate all damage from a sphere with using saber reflect > taunt > force leap to it.

It's really not difficult to get past of that phase. You need some practice and then it becomes very easy.

Good luck!
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress