Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.28.2013 , 12:45 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

As you are no doubt aware, we are being careful in how fast and how drastic we make Class changes. Although we are starting that journey in Game Update 2.5, that is certainly not all of the changes that will happen in the future. As a part of that, one of the things we agree on is that Sorcerers could use a little bit of love.

The reason I am making this thread, is that we are curious on what your ideas might be for your class! This is specifically for Lightning and Corruption. What changes would you like to see to those specs to give them a little bit of help in PvE and PvP.

I am going to be combing through this thread and passing your feedback on to the Combat team. I do want to add a disclaimer to this. Just because a suggestion is made in this thread, or even agreed on by multiple posters, in no way implies it will be put into the game. The purpose of this is to share ideas. At the end of the day it will still come down to the decisions of the Combat Team! This is just an opportunity to add some player insight to the discussion.

If you are more of the Sage persuasion, there is a separate thread for that, here.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

K_osss
10.28.2013 , 12:51 PM | #2
Is there a "Jugg/Mara Changes Brainstorming" thread inc or should we assume that Bioware feels they're in a good place by the lack of such threads?

Xeraz
10.28.2013 , 12:57 PM | #3
I recently just thought out some changes I thought would be good for pvp without having major implications on the pve scene.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=692500
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

MasterFeign
10.28.2013 , 12:58 PM | #4
Assassin brainstorming thread? All 3 specs need a little tweak...

DarthZaul
10.28.2013 , 01:00 PM | #5
For lightning, anything that makes them more mobile and less required to stare at the action/buff bar.

Why isn't madness included since its dps is still terrible.

MasterFeign
10.28.2013 , 01:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZaul View Post
For lightning, anything that makes them more mobile and less required to stare at the action/buff bar.

Why isn't madness included since its dps is still terrible.
The funny part is that madness sorcs are already great 1 vs 1 duelers (one aspect of the game, I know...), but by extension, with 2.5, they'll have a larger dps output now that their DoTs cannot be cleansed. Sure this won't effect the spec much in the end, but it doesn't fix the intended problem that the madness spec had to begin with, ie. force cost issues and not enough burst. (especially for the assassin).

Xeraz
10.28.2013 , 01:12 PM | #7
It's hard to say. If they make some changes to Sorcs baseline it might improve Madness to a degree. Or, possibly, they already know what they want to do with Madness but wanted some ideas on the other specs.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Glower
10.28.2013 , 01:17 PM | #8
Please, reduce cast time on Thundering Blast - 2 sec without sniper cover is too much, especially for PvP...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

orryko
10.28.2013 , 01:23 PM | #9
Madness still needs help too though, it's not like making their dots unable to be cleansed makes them complete. In fact, it gimps lightning and healing sorcs even more because madness sorcs are already somewhat popular on top teams on pot5 and bastion.

Lightning:
- Need a blink. Just like mages in wow
- A casting while on the move cooldown would also be nice. 3 mins, lasts 10 secs

Corruption:
- Need a damage reduction cooldown just like disc priests in wow. 40% DR, last 10 secs, 2 or 3 min cd. Able to be cast while cc'd
- Needs a binding heal, 1.5 sec cast base which heals a moderate amount on self and target.

I realize you said no new abilities til an xpac, but there are very few QoL changes you can make to make these two specs better than they are currently.

I personally think lightning is fine with the right comp and teammates. However, they need the two things I suggested in order to be more mobile and not totally be shutdown and rely on teammates to allow you to cast.

A healing sorcs biggest problem is running out of force and being tunneled too easily while having to hardcast. They need more tools in order to "tank" but also throw out additional help. Another instant cast such as prayer of mending would go a long way as well.

orryko
10.28.2013 , 01:26 PM | #10
Have the devs watch mudclot's stream tonight. We will be running jugg tank, op heals, lightning sorc, arsenal merc.

You guys will be able to see how much we have to support each other in order to cast and kill against the good teams.

Having a blink and casting on the move will make perfect sense. While we're at it, add a disengage for mercs. We have a jetpack.