Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Changes Brainstorming

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.28.2013 , 12:45 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

As you are no doubt aware, we are being careful in how fast and how drastic we make Class changes. Although we are starting that journey in Game Update 2.5, that is certainly not all of the changes that will happen in the future. As a part of that, one of the things we agree on is that Sages could use a little bit of love.

The reason I am making this thread, is that we are curious on what your ideas might be for your class! This is specifically for Seer and Telekinetics. What changes would you like to see to those specs to give them a little bit of help in PvE and PvP.

I am going to be combing through this thread and passing your feedback on to the Combat team. I do want to add a disclaimer to this. Just because a suggestion is made in this thread, or even agreed on by multiple posters, in no way implies it will be put into the game. The purpose of this is to share ideas. At the end of the day it will still come down to the decisions of the Combat Team! This is just an opportunity to add some player insight to the discussion.

If you are more of the Sorcerer persuasion, there is a separate thread for that, here.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Xeraz
10.28.2013 , 12:58 PM | #2
Posted this on the Sorc forums, but thought I'd throw it up here also. In case some of my Republic counter-parts didn't have a chance to see it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=692500
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

warstory
10.28.2013 , 01:09 PM | #3
for tk sage
effective counters to leap/interupts:
for starters hard stuns on bubble and our knock back root, too many times my stun is broken from random dmg from other players or my dots.

give us back our AOE knockback and make it bigger so we are out of leap back range melee have to do more they just press a button to negate us completely. you gave us a AOE from the beginning for a reason.

I know your are not going to give this to us but phase walk so we can have an effective escape.

immunity to stuns and interrupts when mental alacrity is up. I would like to cast some time this year.

new idea: make our barrier explode and knock people back and down or something all they do is wait us out.

justify our 2 second cast on turburlance it should be the hardest hitting ability in game!

when i think of more stuff i will post them
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

warstory
10.28.2013 , 01:11 PM | #4
effective counters to cloakers these guys are tearing us a new one in arenas
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

SliverM
10.28.2013 , 01:23 PM | #5
For PVE TK sages need to be more on par with other dps classes like adding an armor debuff on our dots and totally removing the pushback we suffer on our long casts from AOE of many boss encounters.
Also force barrier and force mend are good for our survivability but unfortunately they cost too much in term of loss of dps.

Rhazgoth
10.28.2013 , 01:42 PM | #6
The change I would like to see to TK would be the removal of the 30% chance for a 2nd cast on disturbance, turbulance and force wave and replace it with a 100% chance for the 2nd cast at a 10-15% damage instead of the 30%.

dscount
10.28.2013 , 01:44 PM | #7
Great Idea! Thanks Eric

The REP feedback thread of 1000+ posts have some great sugestions already, but here are a couple I've seen that are needed speaking from a healer point of view (Sage/Sorc Healer is my main). Yes I totally understand I'm asking for buffs here and not everything would be implemented, but at least one or two should be.

CRIT issue - You mentioned a fix TBD? Seems we need to bump it some how for Sage/Sorc Heals. Right now most are running ZERO CRIT models on purpose as the DR is terrible.

Force Regen - Healing Class (Add something at the TOP of the Skill Tree for Polarity increase) - Maybe ADD 50 Points of FORCE as part of Unnatural Preservation | Force Mend

Instant Heal / Mobility / Emergency Heal. This is hard to do w/o breaking the concept of Sage/Sorc in general, but here are some ideas to make us more feasible in PVP as well handle the new content filled with constant interupts.

1) Static Barrier | Force Armor on team provides healing like we have ourselves (Maybe Tank Spec'd get % BUMP)

2) Increase the number and duration of Force Surge | Resplendence stacks we can have for AOE & NEW HEAL USE

3) Ability like OP/SCOUN for one stack of Force Surge | Resplendence to INSTANT cast >> Dark Heal | Benevolence so they have a place in healers toolbar again (That heal is pretty useless ATM and we need an instant).

4) Return the 360 knockback or at least Overload | Force Wave "HEALING" is 360 degree. (Merc has I think a 360?)

OPTIONAL Mini-Rant: I love my main (Sorc/Sage Healers), but really ticked that I can totally out heal my own stats after mastering my class for year+ on my Agent/Smuggler healer with less gear and still learning that class. It's like I have to "Work for it" on my Sage/Sorc, but can sleep walk thru DP/DF HM's with my OP healer.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

warstory
10.28.2013 , 02:22 PM | #8
Redesign force armor

at the moment in arenas I don't even have a chance to think. U fight smashers, cloakers, carnage marauder, big jug, snipers all different ways the burst we are taking is so intense from just one of these specs alone.

When I walk in to an arena as tk I feel like I have no defenses. Force armor gets destroyed the bubble stun is broken by people trying to kill the people on me, same thing goes for me knock back, which doesn't stop leap backs. All u can do is TRY and run TRY and heal or turtle up in barrier only to have the same thing happen to u again.

Give us some defenses and nerf our healing into the ground if we have to give something to get something. Give us back that AOE whirlwind. U have it to us for a reason.

Master-Nala
10.28.2013 , 02:36 PM | #9
Egress should be a baseline talent for Sages. Probably moved to Tier 1 for Seer.

Force Barrier needs to heal about 25-50% over the duration.

SEER Specific

Rejuvenate - As the only mobile heal, this needs a lower cool down (ie none) or it needs to be much more potent.

Wish list - I would love to see one of the heals converted to the warding mechanism that Force Armor uses. Healing in this game is very bland and it would be great if healers had different ways to protect the group.
Alana-Balance Sage, Alan-Medic Commando, Rickta-Kinetic Shadow

And about 20+ other level 60s - Altoholism is a terrible disease

warstory
10.28.2013 , 02:38 PM | #10
Last but least you guys were talking about changing the interrupt cast system I wanted to hear what type of changes those were or are