Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing whether or not to do the bonus...

RikuvonDrake
09.18.2013 , 06:38 PM | #11
If I am a tank, I normally call the shots in the flashpoints since if I leave, the group will have to wait for a long time to get a replacement, so if I am short of time, don't need any loot that might drop or just to lazy, I skip bonus. If someone starts complaining I normally just tell them that he is free to leave and find another group, if there is more then one that wants to do it I just tell them to either kick me and do it or finish the current flashpoint without doing the bonus boss. If I am a DPS, I normally just go with whatever the group does be it doing the bonus boss or not, normally people don't do it since the drop is p much crap anyway.
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Dragonslayer - The Eternal Warrior - From Beyond
Rikacha- Rikachu | Not Good Enough - Riku | Rebel Dream
Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör | Ruthless

Flying-Brian
09.18.2013 , 10:50 PM | #12
This is my response whenever I am asked if I want to do the bonus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIzCUhafhSQ

ELRunninW
09.19.2013 , 04:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
If I am a tank, I normally call the shots in the flashpoints since if I leave, the group will have to wait for a long time to get a replacement.
See, that is a bad attitude. I have seen Prima Donna tanks leave on their own when they are told they are doing something wrong. Which is amusing since often they are no longer required. Well geared group can complete most of the FP on their own. Some DPS will gladly tank even with an actual tank present in a group

RikuvonDrake
09.19.2013 , 04:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
See, that is a bad attitude. I have seen Prima Donna tanks leave on their own when they are told they are doing something wrong. Which is amusing since often they are no longer required. Well geared group can complete most of the FP on their own. Some DPS will gladly tank even with an actual tank present in a group
I normally don't do anything wrong, but if I do, I listen to feedback don't think anything else, but when it comes to bonus I am not to happy to farm kills of random adds just to be able to do it and thus waste time.
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Dragonslayer - The Eternal Warrior - From Beyond
Rikacha- Rikachu | Not Good Enough - Riku | Rebel Dream
Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör | Ruthless

psandak
09.19.2013 , 04:52 PM | #15
This is not true, speed run through hammer station does not require any additional effort. If you just run through you will be about 30 kills short for bonus. This is just one example that suggests you have not verified the information you are posting.

last night I was part of a group that zipped through Battle of Ilum in a very short time. We have used some cc but we did reduce the time by significant amount. One DPS did not approve of that and quit the group but it did not have any impact on the result of the run. I would rather speed run any FP twice than do one full run within the same amount of time.

Bottom line, we can agree to disagree and each one of us will do what they seem more appropriate. It is, however not true that you do not save time by avoiding bonus content.
You cannot compare 50HMFPs and 55HMFPs. in 50HMFPs there is a LOT you can skip just by moving carefully; in BoI you can even skip most of the bosses. That was one of the major complaints about the 50HMFPs.

I have quite literally run all the 55HMFP at least 25 times and in those 100+ runs I can count on one hand the number of times a group was left significantly short on the number of kills needed to do the bonus boss (10 or more). Yes, if you take all the short cuts you can end up significantly short on kills, but very few groups I've ever been in can do all the shortcuts. Good for you if you have a group of friends with all the necessary crew skills and class abilities to skip a lot in the 55HMFPs. The overwhelming majority of us are not so lucky.

wainot-keel
09.20.2013 , 08:10 AM | #16
I don't need the gear from bonus on any of my peeps, but when I'm tanking, if at least someone could use the drop, I'll go for bonus boss without getting asked. If I'm healing/dpsing I'll say "sure" if someone asks.
If I see noone could benefit from it, I'll ask if we're skipping it.

Stuffedduck
09.20.2013 , 08:18 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
If I am a tank, I normally call the shots in the flashpoints since if I leave, the group will have to wait for a long time to get a replacement, so if I am short of time, don't need any loot that might drop or just to lazy, I skip bonus. If someone starts complaining I normally just tell them that he is free to leave and find another group, if there is more then one that wants to do it I just tell them to either kick me and do it or finish the current flashpoint without doing the bonus boss. If I am a DPS, I normally just go with whatever the group does be it doing the bonus boss or not, normally people don't do it since the drop is p much crap anyway.
If you're so short on time that a bonus boss would kill your scedule you might shouldn't run any FPs ... just an idea.

To the topic:

If anyone needs the possible loot, or majority agrees on doing bonus I do it, no matter if I tank, heal or dps. Of course it is easier to go for bonus while I tank :P

SuspectDown
09.22.2013 , 10:54 AM | #18
Ran Cad the other night via group finder. It paired me up with 3 members from another guild. Got to the end and randomly they decided to do bonus. I found backtracking annoying. Can't understand why people couldn't voice their opinion before we passed it...

But, that''s the perils of group finder. You can get paired with 2+ people from the same guild who know if you don't do what they want they can just kick you.

Saberchic
10.26.2013 , 12:07 AM | #19
Agreed. Definite bad attitude.

I believe it's majority rules when the bonus comes into question. If it's split down the middle, I'd say skip it.

LingBa
10.26.2013 , 06:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
You cannot compare 50HMFPs and 55HMFPs. in 50HMFPs there is a LOT you can skip just by moving carefully; in BoI you can even skip most of the bosses. That was one of the major complaints about the 50HMFPs.

I have quite literally run all the 55HMFP at least 25 times and in those 100+ runs I can count on one hand the number of times a group was left significantly short on the number of kills needed to do the bonus boss (10 or more).
You've got ten fingers on one hand? MUTANT!!!

Seriously, I don't need the bonus on at least my top 4 alts any more but if 1 person does then I'm happy to do it. It's not like they present a challenge or lead to wipes any more (like they did just after ROTHC release)
Living Legend:
55 Juggernaut; 55 Marauder; 55 Sniper; 55 Powertech; 55 Sorcerer; 54 Sentinal
Red Eclipse Server