Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
10.23.2013 , 11:08 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Been getting this error

Happened right after I downloaded the new latest release..

I uninstsalled it and when I try to download from the website it says
Can you try again? I think codeplex was having some issues. After i uploaded the release it took a looooong time to contact the update server.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Hikaru
10.25.2013 , 11:04 AM | #142
I have a question for ya Docmal, why is it that there is a new update almost everyday and every update is almost 40MB, I haven't been able to find a change log either.
The Shadowlands The Kamikaze Legacy

Docmal
10.25.2013 , 02:48 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
I have a question for ya Docmal, why is it that there is a new update almost everyday and every update is almost 40MB, I haven't been able to find a change log either.
It isn't actually 40mb... The stupid clickonce auto update shows the total download size of the entire app even though it only downloads the files it needs to update. The actual downloads are < 5mb.

The changes in each release are published on the Parsec codeplex website here. You can click on each release number and view the patch notes.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Leadmedia
10.29.2013 , 03:29 AM | #144
Hallo and thanks for doing this huge work on a parser.

I have a question which I could not find answered in this thread though.

1. In a Raid setting - will I be able to see all raidmembers dps on a fight, or do all members of the raid need to install "Parsec" to display their individual damage for me to see ?

Im asking because im used to a "recount" a WoW parser which displays all damage from each raidmember.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Aroa
10.29.2013 , 03:34 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Leadmedia View Post
Hallo and thanks for doing this huge work on a parser.

I have a question which I could not find answered in this thread though.

1. In a Raid setting - will I be able to see all raidmembers dps on a fight, or do all members of the raid need to install "Parsec" to display their individual damage for me to see ?

Im asking because im used to a "recount" a WoW parser which displays all damage from each raidmember.

Best regards and thanks in advance.
You can only view dps for other raid members if they are also running Parsec. The log file that SWTOR generates on your computer only contains actions that you do or actions that otherwise affect you (like if another member heals you). So it is currently impossible for parsers to get dps for a whole raid group unless all members run the same program and sync the data between them. This is true for all parsers, not only Parsec.

Leadmedia
10.29.2013 , 04:13 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Aroa View Post
You can only view dps for other raid members if they are also running Parsec. The log file that SWTOR generates on your computer only contains actions that you do or actions that otherwise affect you (like if another member heals you). So it is currently impossible for parsers to get dps for a whole raid group unless all members run the same program and sync the data between them. This is true for all parsers, not only Parsec.
Hallo.

Thanks alot for this information, just what I needed answered.

Best regards.

WizardJP
10.30.2013 , 01:08 PM | #147
Myself and my guild are really loving your parser but we seem to almost always get a busy message when trying to connect recently.

Are you a victim of your own success and planning to increase the amount of connections allowed at some point?
Lenvaren - Guild Leader (Not by choice! ) - United Kingdoms

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/p...lenvaren-1.jpg

dakisback
10.30.2013 , 05:36 PM | #148
ilysm
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

Docmal
10.30.2013 , 10:32 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardJP View Post
Myself and my guild are really loving your parser but we seem to almost always get a busy message when trying to connect recently.

Are you a victim of your own success and planning to increase the amount of connections allowed at some point?
I have been focusing on this problem for the past week or so and am working several angles. My hosting provider for the service wants me to upgrade to a plan that costs 4x as much as what I have now. I am trying to get them to hike the cap up for peak times but I am not hopeful.

I am also looking at re-architect the raid service to some sort of peer to peer and client-server hybrid.

Regardless of the solution I plan to have something in place by next week.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Docmal
10.31.2013 , 09:03 AM | #150
My hosting provider has graciously bumped my capacity to 800 concurrent connections. This should alleviate the problem for a while and give me some time to find a better solution.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...