Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

Xakthul
09.18.2013 , 04:49 AM | #51
This is awesome. Before I sign (And I am definitely signing) I would just like to ask that these become toggles, so you get a realistic movement when you finish with them.

Also please make Companion Dance 999 seconds like regular dance is.

And with that: /signed
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Pigdaddy
09.18.2013 , 04:58 AM | #52
surely all this would allow you to do is prevent idle logouts.
EVERYDAY I'M TROLOL'ING
Australian CE pre-order.. THANK YOU AMAZON! [/CENTER]

ThorgrimLutgen
09.18.2013 , 09:27 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Pigdaddy View Post
Is this such a big problem on servers with multiple fleet versions, there is room for everyone.

Being afk, doing something in real life that takes longer than expected is normal for many people out there, sitting in my Kolto Tank while I head out to answer the front door is a nice idea.
Want to fix ranked PVP? Cross-server/faction queues, bring back 8v8s, remove bolster from all ranked play, add a 2018 expertise gate, remove ranked commendations from all non-ranked play, including the 3:1 conversion.

Glzmo
09.18.2013 , 05:11 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Pigdaddy View Post
No, one can assume it wouldn't. The Twi'lek Species ability Parlor Dance is currently a 9999 second channeled ability already and it doesn't prevent idle logouts while channeling it either. Thus there is nothing to worry about.

meridiancore
10.18.2013 , 09:21 PM | #55
100% agree would love to see this implemented, not for just role-play but for socializing in general. Bring it Bioware! Thanks in advance
Darth Radarch, Dark Council55- Darth Roggul Emperor's Wrath55-Crime Lord Radrift, PT B,55

Fevee
10.25.2013 , 09:56 AM | #56
I understand channel times, and why they should end when they do. But I have an alternate idea.

SWTOR should make emote versions of these rests. Keep them locked from use until you are a character that can/has used them for recuperation. They'll have their beginning stage of animation, reach a seamless repeatable middle stage, and stay there until ESC is pressed, initiating the exit stage of the animation. Obviously, in emergencies, if you need to get moving right away and have no time to watch the animation end, simply start moving and you're immediately restored.

Keeping them locked until genuine use means there are all the recuperative emotes in the list of options. Like unlocking an emote from an item, when you use your recuperation ability for the first time, it is simply unlocked as an emote. Same thing for toy recoveries, use them, bind them, emote unlocked. That way, we don't have a Knight trying to get away with Recharge and Reload, for example.

Glower
11.17.2013 , 08:37 AM | #57
Bump for the love of /camping.
At least make an endless animation after 15sec regen end.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Glower
11.17.2013 , 08:39 AM | #58
Well, or this:
Quote: Originally Posted by Fevee View Post
SWTOR should make emote versions of these rests. Keep them locked from use until you are a character that can/has used them for recuperation. They'll have their beginning stage of animation, reach a seamless repeatable middle stage, and stay there until ESC is pressed, initiating the exit stage of the animation. Obviously, in emergencies, if you need to get moving right away and have no time to watch the animation end, simply start moving and you're immediately restored.

Keeping them locked until genuine use means there are all the recuperative emotes in the list of options. Like unlocking an emote from an item, when you use your recuperation ability for the first time, it is simply unlocked as an emote. Same thing for toy recoveries, use them, bind them, emote unlocked. That way, we don't have a Knight trying to get away with Recharge and Reload, for example.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

steven_ward
11.27.2013 , 06:52 AM | #59
/signed =P

gaearon
02.15.2014 , 08:27 AM | #60
I would love this! Please consider this change, Bioware!!