Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruptor Zero Information needed

KeyboardNinja
10.23.2013 , 01:50 PM | #11
That's a lot of damage. I'm not entirely sure why Sweeping Slash is hitting you that hard if you only have 1 stack. 4+ stacks, yes, I can totally believe it, but not 1 stack. One thing I can think of is that the bleed should have been cleansed faster. I don't think he does Sweeping Slash immediately following the bleed, so you shouldn't quite be taking that much damage all at once. Removing the bleed brings your 31k damage window down to a (more manageable) 25k, which should only be about 65% of your maximum HP, assuming you're using your Ultimate coms. That's not really all that bad. Your healers will have plenty of time to react. Make sure you pop a cooldown or adrenal when your health dips below 30-40% and you should be alright.

The tanks do get spiked very hard in this fight. Healers just need to be really on top of it.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

ZentheSecond
10.23.2013 , 01:58 PM | #12
What icon does the bleed use?

Or is it tied into Corrupted Nanites? (his debuff name I believe, I've never read the name of it frankly)
Cause if it is then our healers will need to adjust and cleanse each time I get a stack, since I presume it will be reapplied each time I get a stack if the debuff is the cause.

JesterSithMaster
10.23.2013 , 02:03 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
That's a lot of damage. I'm not entirely sure why Sweeping Slash is hitting you that hard if you only have 1 stack. 4+ stacks, yes, I can totally believe it, but not 1 stack. One thing I can think of is that the bleed should have been cleansed faster. I don't think he does Sweeping Slash immediately following the bleed, so you shouldn't quite be taking that much damage all at once. Removing the bleed brings your 31k damage window down to a (more manageable) 25k, which should only be about 65% of your maximum HP, assuming you're using your Ultimate coms. That's not really all that bad. Your healers will have plenty of time to react. Make sure you pop a cooldown or adrenal when your health dips below 30-40% and you should be alright.

The tanks do get spiked very hard in this fight. Healers just need to be really on top of it.
Even if the bleed effect is cleansed and he only take 25k damage, that's 25k damage in the span of a global cooldown just from the boss's basic attacks. Tell me of 2 healers in an 8 man run that can heal 25k damage in one global cooldown. I can understand if the damage is from a mechanic like EC Kephess Breath of the Masters and such that can cause a one-shot, but that damage is from basic attacks only. Just seems like too much damage is going out from my perspective.

Sincerely,
Jester

Iwipe
10.23.2013 , 02:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ZentheSecond View Post
What icon does the bleed use?

Or is it tied into Corrupted Nanites? (his debuff name I believe, I've never read the name of it frankly)
Cause if it is then our healers will need to adjust and cleanse each time I get a stack, since I presume it will be reapplied each time I get a stack if the debuff is the cause.
The debuff icon on Thiol is the Bleed icon.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...on-guide-3.jpg

ZentheSecond
10.23.2013 , 02:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
The debuff icon on Thiol is the Bleed icon.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...on-guide-3.jpg
Yup... Never saw one of those on me. Or at least I do not think I did. Only debuffs I remember seeing for sure were the Nanite Ones.

KeyboardNinja
10.23.2013 , 02:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterSithMaster View Post
Even if the bleed effect is cleansed and he only take 25k damage, that's 25k damage in the span of a global cooldown just from the boss's basic attacks. Tell me of 2 healers in an 8 man run that can heal 25k damage in one global cooldown. I can understand if the damage is from a mechanic like EC Kephess Breath of the Masters and such that can cause a one-shot, but that damage is from basic attacks only. Just seems like too much damage is going out from my perspective.

Sincerely,
Jester
It's not actually his basic attack. Sweeping Slash is a periodic, high-damage attack. Not his highest damaging attack, but still periodic. 25k healing in one GCD is actually pretty easy for two commando healers (Advanced Medical Probe > Bacta Infusion x2 == 27k with average crits in exactly one GCD), but of course very few people run that comp. You don't actually need 25k healing though. Just be topped off before it happens and give your healers a few seconds to catch up:

Sorc: Bubble > Dark Infusion (3.7 seconds and an average of 15k healing)
Op: Kolto Injection > Surgical Probe (3.2 seconds and an average of 11k healing)
Merc: Rapid Scan > Healing Scan (3.2 seconds and an average of 15k healing); optional Emergency Scan for 6k more

Two coordinated healers can easily drop 30k on a target in about 3 seconds assuming average crits. More if their cooldowns are up, and more still if they're single-target healers (merc ftw).

Incidentally, the bleed was what was cleansed off of you right at the start of the log fragment you pasted. You had the bleed, and you must have had it for at least a few GCDs or it wouldn't have been up for Sweeping Slash.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

JesterSithMaster
10.23.2013 , 02:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Sorc: Bubble > Dark Infusion (3.7 seconds and an average of 15k healing)
Op: Kolto Injection > Surgical Probe (3.2 seconds and an average of 11k healing)
Merc: Rapid Scan > Healing Scan (3.2 seconds and an average of 15k healing); optional Emergency Scan for 6k more

Two coordinated healers can easily drop 30k on a target in about 3 seconds assuming average crits. More if their cooldowns are up, and more still if they're single-target healers (merc ftw).
The numbers you posted with the different healers are healing that in the span of 2 GCDs. So if you cut that in half for 1 GCD, they're healing an average of about 13-15k HP. If you look at the OP's combat log, you'll see he does the Sweeping Slash twice in the span of one GCD that adds to the total of the 31k damage he took in that time frame. I don't know of a single healer that can do an average of 12k HPS single target much less two. While I agree with your numbers, those are over a longer time period. We've been having our assassin tank get hit for over 25k consistently in the span of 1.5 seconds; too much damage for any set of healers to deal with in 8 man ops.

Sincerely,
Jester

KeyboardNinja
10.23.2013 , 02:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterSithMaster View Post
The numbers you posted with the different healers are healing that in the span of 2 GCDs. So if you cut that in half for 1 GCD, they're healing an average of about 13-15k HP. If you look at the OP's combat log, you'll see he does the Sweeping Slash twice in the span of one GCD that adds to the total of the 31k damage he took in that time frame. I don't know of a single healer that can do an average of 12k HPS single target much less two. While I agree with your numbers, those are over a longer time period. We've been having our assassin tank get hit for over 25k consistently in the span of 1.5 seconds; too much damage for any set of healers to deal with in 8 man ops.
Did he get hit for 25k in the next GCD as well? What about the previous one? My point is that the damage on most bosses looks like this:

1k > 1k > 30k!!!! > 1k > 1k

I generally assume a 3 second burst window for any healing. But as I said, two commandos can put out 27k healing on a single target (doesn't need to be two if the boss is faced away) in one GCD. AMP is a single GCD and back-loaded, but Bacta Infusion is frontloaded. If you really want burst, casting AMP > BI is going to drop all of that healing essentially simultaneously (the flytext will precisely overlay). If you want even more burst and you have a cooldown up, Advanced Medical Probe > Tech Override + Medical Probe is even more healing in exactly the same timespan (one GCD).

If your tank is getting hit for 25k in every GCD, then yes, something is horrifically wrong. Even if your tank is getting hit for 25k in back-to-back GCDs, then something is probably wrong. However, I haven't seen that happen on any content to date without some other mechanic being horribly screwed up (e.g. NiM Kel'sara on a tank with 7+ stacks).

Burst windows like this are precisely why tanks have HP in the first place. During the lull moments, between spike attacks, healers should be trying to push tank HP back up into the 80-90% range (no point in going all the way to 100%, and doing so can cause overheal issues with shadows). During the burst moments, tanks can fall down into the 20s and 30s if it's a really sharp burst, but healers have lull moments immediately thereafter to catch up. As long as their attention isn't divided by numerous targets taking damage during the lulls (which does happen), it's pretty easy to repeatedly prop up tanks for these heavy hits.

Incidentally, I found one of my logs from a week or two ago tanking Corrupter Zero (not our main group, incidentally). http://www.torparse.com/a/459162/37/0/Damage+Taken Sweeping Slash hit me 6 times (total). Unshielded and undefended, it hit for 8759 damage. Now, only one of my armorings is 72 (the rest are 75 and 78), so I'm definitely going to mitigate more of that hit than most shadows, but the point is that it only hit 6 times and the healers (which were not our main healing combo) were able to keep up with the spikes.

Apeth
10.23.2013 , 02:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Levram View Post
I'm not sure of the Suckafish video that you're watching, but the Dulfy video and guide are based on her clear of the boss when it was on the PTS. She hasn't done any significant updates to her guide since the PTS, other than for one point about concussion mine debuff behaviour.

There were important changes to this fight when it was released, so while the Dulfy guide can give you an overview of what to expect for mechanics in the fight, it does not provide you with successful tactical details any longer. This applies to all her Dread Fortress and Dread Palace guides. I believe they are PTS guides and videos that were never updated for the actual Live content. She appears to be loosing interest in SWTOR since around the beginning of September, so I've started to rely less on her new guides.

Please refer to the discussion happening in the following thread for helpful suggestions on the Corruptor Zero fight.

Corruptor Zero Fully Powered Blast
This is a pile of *****, dulfys guides are totally up to date and she posts stuff faster than anyone, I get the impression you have a hidden agenda with your post.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

HBCentaurion
10.23.2013 , 05:24 PM | #20
We've cleared it both in 8- and 16-man HM with 2 juggernaut tanks who were geared in BiS 72s the first time.

Some tips:
- Saber Reflect reflects his Chest Laser attack.
- Tank him towards one of the corners, but stand so you can get knock-backed. The knock-back is really a tank switch mechanic, and if you are taking large amounts of the damage from the knock-back, this would be a good time to tank switch.
- Everyone needs to stack on the boss. The Concussion Mine is a real killer if it reaches 3 stacks (especially in 16 man HM).
- Cycle your defensive cooldown. Some tanks like to go "ooh shiat" and pop all of their cooldowns at the same time. Don't do that.

For us the real killer was when he reached ~ 25%, jumped to a corner and did his laser blast. That combined with the adds wiped us a couple of times. What we did was that one tank AOE-taunted and then we CC'ed the adds (flashbang), while the second tank used an aggro-dump (Enraged Defense is great as it heals you as well). The tank that aggo-dumped wouldn't get hit at all by the adds after the CC ran out, and could easily pick up the boss afterwards with full health.