Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New seeker droid setup!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KurganNazzir
08.10.2013 , 07:17 PM | #141
Despite knowing better, I decided to do some digging on Tatooine as I was passing through and I depleted the site by digging up the purple GSI rep token... Besides the fact that I can't use it because I'm maxed, a rep item sure does not seem like a 'special treasure' to me, even if it is purple. The only plus side is that I can sell it for some decent credits, along with the two green rep items I dug up.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Cretu
08.10.2013 , 11:28 PM | #142
I totally agree with every complained made in this thread!!

Why should only boring daily's that have been done to death be the 'only' way to make credits in game? Personally I only ever dug for short spells on rare occasions and only if i was ever passing a site and found it fun. it was a nice change from the constant killing of mobs that you find in daily's.

So i decided I give it a try and check out the New Seeker Droid setup. Alas i never got to dig every site was depleted. Come on i only have a limited time to play what's all this depleted rubbish?

Instead of fixing things that are broken the powers that be decided to waste resources and break something that was working and players enjoyed.

Midgen
08.11.2013 , 05:09 AM | #143
I guess I don't understand the attraction to the Seeker Droid. I spent some time doing it before, as an alternative to running dailies, or repeating the same flashpoints over and over again to earn gear/money/rep.

The seeker droid was a nice alternative, and at least if I found some mods, I was getting some reward for my time.

Now, if I either already have, or don't have any interest in the DreadSeed/Forager armor or the GSI speeders, I have zero incentive to slam on the brakes when I see that red text telling my seeker droid is active.

The seeker droid has so much potential to be an alternative mini-game to break up the monotonous grind of dailes/flashpoints/ops. All you have to do is give us some fun and interesting reasons to stop and play when we encounter the areas.

Feedback/Suggestion:
Make the rewards for the system on par with (or slightly less than) running dailies. Whether it be commendations or credits, or items we can sell. Mindlessly wandering around a planet should merit some kind of reward in the same way mindlessly running dailies on black hole does.

Add something interesting to the loot tables. Perhaps some companion only armor pieces, or even companion only armor sets with a unique look (I'm not talking game breaking here, just something fun and unique)

murgatroid
08.11.2013 , 02:01 PM | #144
So originally, I ran the seeker droid arc with another character. I found it terribly boring and had not revisited it until this weekend when I found out I NEEDED the seeker droid for the new czerka flashpoints. So I started it, and after 30 minutes, the droid not only found NOTHING. not even grays, and the target couldn't make up its mind if I was close or not and was wildly inconsistent.

this is the polar opposite of fun, and someone in a leadership role at Bioware needs to figure out how to make this worthwhile. At least before I could use the greens I found or sell them. now its just a waste of time.
-the mighty murgatroid

KurganNazzir
08.11.2013 , 05:05 PM | #145
Once again, today I deplete a site by digging up a purple rep item. That is so not a 'special treasure'.

Quote: Originally Posted by murgatroid View Post
So originally, I ran the seeker droid arc with another character. I found it terribly boring and had not revisited it until this weekend when I found out I NEEDED the seeker droid for the new czerka flashpoints. So I started it, and after 30 minutes, the droid not only found NOTHING. not even grays, and the target couldn't make up its mind if I was close or not and was wildly inconsistent.

this is the polar opposite of fun, and someone in a leadership role at Bioware needs to figure out how to make this worthwhile. At least before I could use the greens I found or sell them. now its just a waste of time.
The inconsistency is crazy. The droid telling you to dig over one way, then a completely opposite direction, then back in the direction of the first dig, and then saying nothing is around....yup, happened to me a lot today. Also, if you keep digging when it says nothing is around, many times it eventually comes up that something is there; I think that's how I got my first pleasure speeder part, actually.

The only reason I even do digging is if I'm working on something else that takes me through the area, I figure I'll dig a little and maybe get something good.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Evil_Dave
08.11.2013 , 06:08 PM | #146
I'm so furious, I have to vent. I just decided to try some digging again while I waited for Groupfinder to pop on the Czerka flashpoints. So I go to Alderaan and start digging. My very first hit takes a while to dig up, but it turns out to be the 'Special Treasure.' Only, it's not so special: five Basic Commendations. Okay, fine. So I switch instances and head to another spot. Start digging again. Five minutes later, for the second time in a row, I hit on a 'Special Treasure' with my first successful dig. And what is it this time? Three Permacrete. What the hell.

No way am I ever bothering with this minigame again.

Prototypemind
08.13.2013 , 05:52 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
Once again, today I deplete a site by digging up a purple rep item. That is so not a 'special treasure'.

The inconsistency is crazy. The droid telling you to dig over one way, then a completely opposite direction, then back in the direction of the first dig, and then saying nothing is around....yup, happened to me a lot today. Also, if you keep digging when it says nothing is around, many times it eventually comes up that something is there; I think that's how I got my first pleasure speeder part, actually.

The only reason I even do digging is if I'm working on something else that takes me through the area, I figure I'll dig a little and maybe get something good.
Honestly, the only way to be remotely accurate is to use the Mark II Enhancers. They will pinpoint in no time. If you use the Mark Is or nothing at all you'll be out there all day. With the Mark IIs it's a quick deal and you're out. Thank said, the Seeker Missions are rarely much in the way of "fun" and hitting the same items over and over gets old.

Lastly, 4 Basic comms as the "special treasure" is a joke. 10 Ultimates? That I could see, but 4 basics does nothing to help you if you're leveling and even less if you're already geared, less than zero =p

johnduane
08.13.2013 , 07:48 PM | #148
What a completely worthless and baffling change. The droid telemetry does not function properly, and even if it did, you get nothing for effort.

I couldn't care less about gsi speeder parts. Duplicate non-tradeable junk.

The dev that worked this system over should be terminated in favor of someone who understands that if it isn't fun OR rewarding, no one is going to keep paying to do it. Idiot.

I won't do seekers anymore. I also have cancelled my sub because it is ridiculous to run the same dailies over and over ad-nauseum when I'm max rep and I don't need the credits.

I have been here since launch and will go ftp, park my toons, and look for a game THAT IS FUN. FUN BIOWARE. SHOULD BE YOUR GOAL *******ES.
-sig coming soon™

GalaxyStrong
08.14.2013 , 09:11 AM | #149
Well this is bummer, I was about to go and get seeker droid to do some treasure hunting but, after reading this I don't see a reason to bother with it. I already have the explorer mount by buying the parts on fleet. This really bugs me because I love treasure hunting even if it is mundane. You guys should Chang it back and go after the people setting up bots that are abusing the system. DON'T PUNISH EVERYONE FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Hattori_Hahnzo
10.21.2013 , 02:09 AM | #150
Had to weigh in here because I found the most interesting thing in a long long time of digging in the dirt. I was on Tatooine at the digsite right by the entrance to the Dune Sea. After about 30min of digging I found the "Special Treasure" in the area...and it was the "Hyrotti Scrapper"! Yes, the smoking 90% speeder. Yeah, I smiled.