Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trouble connecting to server..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Trouble connecting to server..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tirvaak
10.18.2012 , 03:40 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Alyssis,

Thanks for replying, I'm sorry this is still happening for you but I do have another suggestion. Rather than going down the lines of thinking it is a specific process in the background causing this maybe we shoudl look at the windows user account itself.

I remember a while back, I had another player with a very similar problem, clean boot worked the first time but after that the exact same issue occurred with every other clean boot. In this instance, a new user profile stopped the problem from occurring altogether.

Can you create a new profile with full admin rights and try again to see if the problem persists?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Alyssis
10.19.2012 , 11:38 AM | #12
I tried making a new account on my pc, but there was no difference there.

I do have good news tho;

I turned of my computer, and both modem and router, for about an hour or so, completly without power, and i havent had any problems the last day now.. So far, i can log in and out without any problems! I just hope i dont jinx myself now..! :P

Thanks for your help! =)

Tirvaak
10.20.2012 , 01:17 AM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Alyssis,

That's great to hear, I'm glad its working now and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you .

I'm more than happy to try and help out with the problems you have encountered, and if there is anything else please don't hesitate to let us know and we will do what we can to assist.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

OmegaOvert
10.18.2013 , 09:16 PM | #14
I start up my game, but i can't see nor connect to any server. it happened for the past two days.

OwenBrooks
10.18.2013 , 09:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaOvert View Post
I start up my game, but i can't see nor connect to any server. it happened for the past two days.
This can be antivirus related remove re-add exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe

Norton's - set the exceptions to allow not just auto
ESET - disable protocol filtering
Kaspersky - disable scan secure connections

ensure if you are running compat modes that launcher.exe and swtor.exe are identical , try setting both to XPSP3 if the above doesn't work.

OmegaOvert
10.18.2013 , 09:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
This can be antivirus related remove re-add exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe

Norton's - set the exceptions to allow not just auto
ESET - disable protocol filtering
Kaspersky - disable scan secure connections

ensure if you are running compat modes that launcher.exe and swtor.exe are identical , try setting both to XPSP3 if the above doesn't work.
It worked, thanks

OwenBrooks
10.18.2013 , 10:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaOvert View Post
It worked, thanks
Glad to hear mate