Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bloodthirst needs a Global Cooldown

Saferai
05.17.2013 , 07:16 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
My face = this thread. Could only read up to page 4 lol
This thread reminds me of how bad the community of this game is. Almost makes me want to play WoW again.

bryceman
05.21.2013 , 11:30 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
As it is currently, there is absolutely no reason to use any composition of classes besides 4 marauders for HM operations. Not only is their dps excellent, but with 4 mara's the group can roll "constant" bloodlust to maintain max group dps. The best solution is to put bloodlust on a global cool down for the group analogous to battle rez.
You know what if you want to bring 4 sents into an op go right ahead. It is however advisable to bring 2 melee and 2 ranged for many reasons. The first is that commandos/gunslingers bring a raid wide armor debuff. Second is that TK Sages and Sab. Gunslingers are the aoe kings. While I know that sents have some aoe capabilities, TK Sages will NEVER run out of force and we can spam the **** out of force quake. Also when we force quake we almost always get a Tele wave proc which is even more aoe damage. Sab. Gunslingers are pretty much all AOE and have many ways to get energy back fairly quickly. Also on a personal note, I find inspiration (w/e the sith equivalent is) makes things too easy. The content is already easy enough even on HM; why make it easier? I run an 8 man HM ops group with the following dps and we do just fine:
Tanks: Shadow and Guardian
Healers: Commando and Sage
DPS: Guardian, Scoundrel, Commando, and Sage
The last reason is that melee always take more damage due to so many conal and frontal boss abilities. In 8 man ops, both tanks can just guard the melee (if only 2) and make things easier since most of the time a really skilled sent (which believe it or not is hard to find) will pull more aggro than a ranged.

Without any inspiration we have never hit enrage timers even in 66/69 gear in HM S&V when it first came out. All I can say is that it is personal preference so what you want to do is up to you. It doesn't hurt to diversify though.

grallmate
05.21.2013 , 10:17 PM | #143
As it is currently, there is absolutely no reason to use any composition of classes besides 4 marauders for HM operations. Not only is their dps excellent, but with 4 mara's the group can roll "constant" bloodlust to maintain max group dps. The best solution is to put bloodlust on a global cool down for the group analogous to battle rez.
Please clarify how making a Sentinel or Marauder use 1 GCD every 5 minutes for Inspiration "fixes" the problem?
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

JDotter
05.22.2013 , 03:26 AM | #144
Hey noob, my raid team cleared all content last night without a marauder. I think you should just look into being like us and using classes with other raid utility. We used a sorc/sniper/PT/jugg and between the snipers DMG reduction bubble, the sorcs off healing, the PT's taunts and juggs taunts/reflective dmg we made that content look like a joke.

Keep your BT we used raid utility to the fullest!!!

Thundergulch
05.22.2013 , 06:02 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
Hey noob, my raid team cleared all content last night without a marauder. I think you should just look into being like us and using classes with other raid utility. We used a sorc/sniper/PT/jugg and between the snipers DMG reduction bubble, the sorcs off healing, the PT's taunts and juggs taunts/reflective dmg we made that content look like a joke.

Keep your BT we used raid utility to the fullest!!!
but...but.... those that use 4 marauders get an advantage!!!111
/sarcasm

Ifrit
10.18.2013 , 05:07 PM | #146
Bioware agrees

znihilist
10.19.2013 , 09:57 AM | #147
Bioware agrees
I actually think this is a more limited buff specially for 16-man OPs, you are forgetting that bloodthirst no longer stop marauders from building fury, earlier it was a dps loss if you had multiple marauders affected by bloodthirst.