Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Holiday Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
10.18.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

Senior Producer Bruce Maclean has posted a SWTOR Holiday Update - Give it a read here!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
10.18.2013 , 10:28 AM | #2
Hey Bruce, how about adding the ability to queue for Warzones OR Arenas OR both!

Also, maybe you could convince Austin to address Commando/Mercs in 2.5 since they have, what I would consider, bigger issues than most of the other classes. Some of your proposed tweaks could easily have waited.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Vegabond
10.18.2013 , 10:29 AM | #3
Excited for Season 1

Xtashia
10.18.2013 , 10:31 AM | #4
Its always good to hear whats coming down the road for Swtor , thanks for the update

TUXs
10.18.2013 , 10:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
Excited for Season 1
Can I ask you why? What enhances the game by calling it "season 1"? Bragging rights? Honest question...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Apopthis
10.18.2013 , 10:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Can I ask you why? What enhances the game by calling it "season 1"? Bragging rights? Honest question...
I think it's more of a "It is actually happening thing" more than anything new. We have been in pre-season for a very long time now. I am just happy to see it moving forward.

befear
10.18.2013 , 10:35 AM | #7
So with character rename, i have some levels under 10 but i like the names and i will level them at some point. Will those lose their names? also any word on having character armory? also will there be different ladders for solo and team?
Sephster <Intrepid>
http://www.twitch.tv/befear

ToMyMa
10.18.2013 , 10:36 AM | #8
Yeah! Season 1! Wait...? Nooooooo! All my hard earned rating in solo queue will dissappear. At least it will happen for everyone...

(Reason I say it's hard earned, is that I haven't got all that much time for SWToR, only around 45 minutes to 2 hours a day. Which is not a lot, considering that you can run into a lot of dumbwits on ToFN in solo rwz)
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

znihilist
10.18.2013 , 10:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by befear View Post
So with character rename, i have some levels under 10 but i like the names and i will level them at some point. Will those lose their names? also any word on having character armory? also will there be different ladders for solo and team?
Why don't anyone read!

Quote:
Current Subscribers will not have any characters renamed, regardless of activity or level on that character. Period.

Glzmo
10.18.2013 , 10:38 AM | #10
Hello Bruce! Which patch can we expect chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat to be in? Could you please sneak them in as a holiday present? If not, which approximate patch number can we expect them for?