Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Undocumented change: Focus target shows up much larger than before

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Undocumented change: Focus target shows up much larger than before
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
10.15.2013 , 10:51 AM | #1
With today's patch, the focus target has changed; it is now much larger than before. I asked two other players about this, and they were able to reproduce this issue.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/CMT7szp.jpg
As you can see, the focus target has changed, with the portrait now being on the left instead of the right side, and the target's name above the HP and mana bar instead of below it.

I could not find anything about this in the Patch Notes. Can you please check if this change was intended?

Stippling's Avatar


Stippling
10.15.2013 , 11:08 AM | #2
Have you check your UI settings/customizations?

I'm not able to log on in-game, but I think my focus target bar has always looked like your second (new) version. Perhaps the patch changed or reset some of your UI changes?
Guild Master of <Failure> of the Harbinger.
Stippling - 60 Marauder | Stress - 60 Powertech | Stellate - 60 Juggernaut

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
10.15.2013 , 11:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Stippling View Post
Have you check your UI settings/customizations?

I'm not able to log on in-game, but I think my focus target bar has always looked like your second (new) version. Perhaps the patch changed or reset some of your UI changes?
Well, with this change they made it so that the focus target looks exactly like how your own character's bar. Before today, the focus target looked like your character's bar looked before 1.1.0.
I am pretty sure that they did change it because it was a real eye-opener when I first used the focus target today, and other players could confirm it.

It wouldn't necessarily say that it is worse now than before, but I am sure that many players will need a few minutes to change their UI because of this change. In any case, thanks to the Interface Editor we have at least the option to make it smaller again.

ceazare's Avatar


ceazare
10.15.2013 , 06:35 PM | #4
On the bright side, you can finally enable Show Info for focus target. Health percentages woohoo!
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

Glower's Avatar


Glower
10.16.2013 , 08:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ceazare View Post
On the bright side, you can finally enable Show Info for focus target. Health percentages woohoo!
Nice to know!
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
10.17.2013 , 02:57 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I've got an answer for you with regards to these changes! The Focus Target Window was actually updated intentionally in Game Update 2.4.1. Unfortunately, we missed the patch notes for them, and I apologize for this oversight! The Patch Notes have been updated to include the following under UI:
  • The Interface Editor has been updated to add the following options for the Focus Target Window:
    • Show information text
    • Flip the display horizontally
    • Adjust buff and debuff icon sizes
  • Increased the default size of the Focus Target Window. The window remains scalable via the Interface Editor.

Thanks very much for your posts! o/''\o
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
10.17.2013 , 03:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
I've got an answer for you with regards to these changes! The Focus Target Window was actually updated intentionally in Game Update 2.4.1. Unfortunately, we missed the patch notes for them, and I apologize for this oversight! The Patch Notes have been updated to include the following under UI:
  • The Interface Editor has been updated to add the following options for the Focus Target Window:
    • Show information text
    • Flip the display horizontally
    • Adjust buff and debuff icon sizes
  • Increased the default size of the Focus Target Window. The window remains scalable via the Interface Editor.

Thanks very much for your posts! o/''\o
This is actually really good news.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Chemmie's Avatar


Chemmie
10.17.2013 , 05:07 PM | #8
Target of focus would be really nice for healers.
www.TorCommunity.com


"Chemayla's SWTOR Styles" is now part of the TorCommunity fansite check us out there.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
10.17.2013 , 11:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
I've got an answer for you with regards to these changes! The Focus Target Window was actually updated intentionally in Game Update 2.4.1. Unfortunately, we missed the patch notes for them, and I apologize for this oversight! The Patch Notes have been updated to include the following under UI:
  • The Interface Editor has been updated to add the following options for the Focus Target Window:
    • Show information text
    • Flip the display horizontally
    • Adjust buff and debuff icon sizes
  • Increased the default size of the Focus Target Window. The window remains scalable via the Interface Editor.

Thanks very much for your posts! o/''\o
Wow, you forgot the best part too! Bout time those changes were made...
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'