Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc changes...!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.17.2013 , 01:07 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to try to address a few of the issues that you brought up in regards to the blog and the 2.5 changes.

Mercenary Changes // Other Class Changes

The changes that are listed in the 2.5 blog are currently all of our planned Class changes for that Game Update. I realize that not all classes or specs received changes. Know that Class changes are something that we will be doing with more frequency moving forward and you should look for more blogs/information such as this when we do.

I realize there is always frustration if your class does not receive changes (especially buffs) but this is something we will always be working on!

The Balance Patch!

I just want to make sure I set an expectation that we will never really have something that is "a balance patch." That is to say, the player expectation of a balance patch is one where almost every class and every spec receives changes. You simply wont see that volume of changes outside of something like an expansion. You will certainly see Class changes coming in some Game Updates. However they will not be on the scale I think a balance patch might imply.

Also, don't forget that we will be bringing back the Class Reps shortly after 2.5 goes live. You will certainly notice some of the great suggestions we got out of the Class Rep initiative made it to be changes in 2.5 (especially some of the quality of life stuff!). I know the classes who did not receive changes will be eager to get their feedback to us and so I will be sure to get them in the front of the order (such as Merc/Commando).

Thanks everyone,

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Costello
10.17.2013 , 01:12 PM | #12
Does this mean that we will see new content with 2.5 as well?

Does it have a plan or name yet?

Imhotep
10.17.2013 , 01:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to try to address a few of the issues that you brought up in regards to the blog and the 2.5 changes.

Mercenary Changes // Other Class Changes

The changes that are listed in the 2.5 blog are currently all of our planned Class changes for that Game Update. I realize that not all classes or specs received changes. Know that Class changes are something that we will be doing with more frequency moving forward and you should look for more blogs/information such as this when we do.

I realize there is always frustration if your class does not receive changes (especially buffs) but this is something we will always be working on!

The Balance Patch!

I just want to make sure I set an expectation that we will never really have something that is "a balance patch." That is to say, the player expectation of a balance patch is one where almost every class and every spec receives changes. You simply wont see that volume of changes outside of something like an expansion. You will certainly see Class changes coming in some Game Updates. However they will not be on the scale I think a balance patch might imply.

Also, don't forget that we will be bringing back the Class Reps shortly after 2.5 goes live. You will certainly notice some of the great suggestions we got out of the Class Rep initiative made it to be changes in 2.5 (especially some of the quality of life stuff!). I know the classes who did not receive changes will be eager to get their feedback to us and so I will be sure to get them in the front of the order (such as Merc/Commando).

Thanks everyone,

-eric
Thank you for the quick reply. Hopefully we see some tweaks to Merc/Commando soon
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sëkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™

Imhotep
10.17.2013 , 01:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Does this mean that we will see new content with 2.5 as well?

Does it have a plan or name yet?
Why would you think there wouldn't be any content. Where are people getting this from? Just because they release a blog detailing class changes it doesn't mean thats all there is to the patch
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sëkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™

TUXs
10.17.2013 , 01:22 PM | #15
Hey everyone,

The changes that are listed in the 2.5 blog are currently all of our planned Class changes for that Game Update.
So when can we expect to see 2.6? This is beyond disappointing. 2.5 just widens the already large gap that even you guys acknowledged.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MillionsKNives
10.17.2013 , 01:23 PM | #16
You simply wont see that volume of changes outside of something like an expansion.
You mean something like this? BIOWARE UNVEILS GALACTIC STARFIGHTER, THE NEXT DIGITAL EXPANSION FOR Star Wars™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™

What more is there to really say other than "why didn't you guys implement any of the changes we talked about and you guys acknowledged"?

Morde_
10.17.2013 , 01:28 PM | #17

I realize there is always frustration if your class does not receive changes (especially buffs) but this is something we will always be

The Balance Patch!

Thanks everyone,

-eric
This is 100% the correct approach to balancing the game.

Keep the blog posts coming. Keep the balance patches small. Increase the frequency of small, iterative balance patches.

Well done.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

chuixupu
10.17.2013 , 01:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
2.5 isn't the expansion.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Lacedemon
10.17.2013 , 01:31 PM | #19
So thats a no to fixing Merc healers despite awaiting a balance since 1.2 when you ruined them.
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

MillionsKNives
10.17.2013 , 01:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
This is 100% the correct approach to balancing the game.

Keep the blog posts coming. Keep the balance patches small. Increase the frequency of small, iterative balance patches.

Well done n
I will say, if they can live up to having more frequent balance changes then I think it will be a big step in the right direction. Their current cadence for balance changes has been far too low, at around once every 6 months.