Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Changes - Game Update 2.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder Changes - Game Update 2.5

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
10.17.2013 , 11:57 AM | #11
Other than Juyo Form this seems to be a lot of nerfs.

Undying rage has been nerfed into uselessness outside of a suicide run and the reason for the change is cause Marauders have too much defence if they have a pocket healer in PvP. Talk about hitting an entire class for a few cases.

Bloodthirst now attracts a debuff so should you have a second Marauder in your group they wont be able to fire it when it most benefits them if the other marauder has used it. I personally like to kick it off when I'm in berserk and strength adrenal is popped.

And sadly we see nothing brought to the table for non Juyo from builds. As class representatives have been scraped and we didn't get 3 questions is this really want the Jedi thought was the big issues for our class.

Stippling
10.17.2013 , 12:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Bloodthirst now attracts a debuff so should you have a second Marauder in your group they wont be able to fire it when it most benefits them if the other marauder has used it. I personally like to kick it off when I'm in berserk and strength adrenal is popped.
This can be viewed as a buff in some cases, depending on how serious one in min-maxing raid comp. This can in fact net an increase in raid dps for groups running one marauder or <4 marauders in 16 man. While it will suck not having complete control over the bloodthirst, an organized raid group will have no issue popping off a bloodthirst at the time most beneficent to the group as a whole. Hell, make the other marauder do it. Now it's a free excuse to double pop Berserk for all the other marauders.

So what I see is a buff to 8 mans, a greater buff to 16 mans (in low marauder scenarios), and an environment supportive to a "BT buffbot" while the other marauders reap the rewards. Just make sure it isn't you.

(This is assuming you're not cheesing a huge marauder group with chain BT's, which prior to the above changes would suck for Fury building anyways)
Guild Master of <Failure> of the Bastion.
Stippling - 55 Marauder | Elegant - 55 Juggernaut

Fail Raid - An Alternative Source for End Game Raiding Guides

znihilist
10.17.2013 , 12:23 PM | #13
Quote:
The stacking buff provided by Juyo Form now lasts 24 seconds (up from 15) and can be applied once every second (down from every 1.5 seconds).
Does that mean we should use ravage earlier in our opener ?
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

CmdrXaan
10.17.2013 , 12:37 PM | #14
It's about time Mara's Undying Rage got nerfed. But Smash still needs a dps reduction
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" - "Don't mess with Mandalorians"

Dedrayge
10.17.2013 , 01:01 PM | #15
The changes to annihilation are nice. However, I doubt it will still feel viable for PvP. Going to have to wait and see how changes to madness DoTs work out.

Undying rage changes appear to be good changes from a PvP stand point.

Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
I know
Well...Mercs did get some improvements with 2.4 but I think mercs are just a tougher beast to tackle atm. Does seem like they are working on them though and some changes may take a long time. It's still possible they will sneak in some changes for 2.5. If not, hopefully we'll see something for 2.6.

Hell, snipers aren't even seeing any kind of tweaking for 2.5 even though the devs admitted they are over tuned. And of course, lightning sorcerers being shut down easily has yet to be addressed.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

DkSharktooth
10.17.2013 , 01:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Asros View Post
The change to bloodthirst giving it the 5 min debuff seems good for ops groups abusing it, but reminds me of the changes to heroism/bloodlust in WoW.

The problem they ran into doing the same change was that progression guilds using it early in the fight then had to wait for the debuff to drop before doing another attempt. They solved this, i believe, by having the debuff drop upon death or boss reset(not sure which) and I think that might be a better way to go than make groups sit and wait for the CD to reset before pulling again.
Baby steps first

OMGITSJAD
10.17.2013 , 01:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Baby steps first
No need to make "baby steps first" when they can fix a problem before it starts.

On a side note, I sure hope that the Bloodthrist debuff winds up being called "Quenched". Perhaps a Gatorade logo for the icon as well.

Onrush
10.17.2013 , 01:34 PM | #18
Eric,

Please clarify the change to GbtF and Undying Rage. I am reading it as the health spent is still 50% of the health that your character had when the ability was used. While others see it as 50 % of your current health when the ability fades.

My understanding is the only change is when you lose the health.

Korevas
10.17.2013 , 02:17 PM | #19
Ironically, I think the undying rage changes hurt the class much more in unorganized play then it does in organized. If you get spiked by an enemy team in arenas, it will still give your healers some breathing room, you will be at 100% when it ends and in the target of your healer and probably guarded by your tank. Chances are, it's still enough to save you from certain death, even if it's available significantly less often.

In unorganized play though undying rage + medpack is much more dangerous now. To get the most out of it, you would have to wait out the final tick and then medpack, leaving you wide open for cc in the meantime, so you'll probably have to use it during the abilities uptime, losing half of your medpack's effectiveness.

anwg
10.17.2013 , 02:40 PM | #20
It just means you need:

1. UD
2. Line of sight
3. Heal to full
4. Make them pay

Where as the order is currently 1-4-3.