Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative Changes - Game Update 2.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Operative
Operative Changes - Game Update 2.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.17.2013 , 09:56 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

Below are the planned Operative changes for Game Update 2.5. Please use this thread to give feedback for these changes. You can read the full class changes blog here!

Operatives

General
  • Increased the damage dealt by Overload Shot.
  • Operatives and Scoundrels can now be charged and pulled by other players while in cover. For Snipers and Gunslingers, cover remains unchanged.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JackNader
10.17.2013 , 11:35 AM | #2
How much damage% has been added to overload shot? No buff to DPS operative/scoundrel survivability?

Ottoattack
10.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #3
So dps ops still un-viable for PvP, healers are still OP. What the heck does this balance exactly?!

KurganNazzir
10.17.2013 , 12:02 PM | #4
Quote:
Operatives and Scoundrels are very slippery, and we never intended for them to continue using cover after choosing to be an Operative/Scoundrel rather than a Sniper/Gunslinger at level 10
If they aren't meant to use cover, why have abilities that can only be used in cover? I tend to not like using cover on my Op or Scoundrel because I like being a bit more mobile on them but I have to use cover if I want to use all of the abilities given to them. The problem is that they are basic shared abilities for the base class but maybe they can be changed so that once you choose your AC, it determines whether or not the skill requires cover; maybe one of the passive abilities can direct this skill change just like the cover defenses are being moved to a Sniper/Gunslinger only passive.

troyh
10.17.2013 , 12:03 PM | #5
So this only affects good players.. The bad players never took cover to heal.. I love how they try to gimp good players to make the playing field more even. Learn to play your class.. Don't nerf ops. I don't even play a healing Op and this upsets me. What is going on over at bioware? Where are the buffs to op dps? Overload shot.. really?!
Jedi Covenant ~ Warlörd Legacy ~
<Unicorn Stampede> Troyy 50 Mara ~ T-roy 50 Merc ~ Xtecy 50 OP
Fatman ~ Warlörd Legacy ~ <Aftermath> Tröy 50 Sent
<Companion> Vette 50 Scoundrel ~ Makö 50 Sage ~ Troyy 50 Commando

DarthZaul
10.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #6
They still need to lower the energy cost of overload shot to make it worth using or you won't have enough to use your main abilities.

chuixupu
10.17.2013 , 12:29 PM | #7
I would have to say that in contrast to other healers, not being able to be pulled or charged and also stealth and roll is a bit overkill. I'm glad there were no nerfs to actual healing or damage.
Not sure what the point of increasing the damage to overload shot is though, unless it's so significant that it's worth the energy to use now.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CmdrXaan
10.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #8
If Overload Shot's energy cost remains the same, it still isn't useful due to Operative energy management problems, and speaking as an operative healer, what you did didn't change much, we still will be the best healers for pvp, you might wanna look at balancing some more. Perhaps more cost to Kolto Probe.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" - "Don't mess with Mandalorians"

CmdrXaan
10.17.2013 , 12:32 PM | #9
If that is the only change in 2.5, this changes nothing.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!" - "Don't mess with Mandalorians"

Laforet
10.17.2013 , 12:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
So this only affects good players.. The bad players never took cover to heal.. I love how they try to gimp good players to make the playing field more even. Learn to play your class.. Don't nerf ops. I don't even play a healing Op and this upsets me. What is going on over at bioware? Where are the buffs to op dps? Overload shot.. really?!
Bind "Take Cover" to every keystroke = BOOM HIROSHIMA SKILLZ! ATOMIC MUSHROOM YOLO!

DONGZAPPER ASKED ME TO UPDATE POST:

OP HEALING PRE 2.5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBSUhtu8AjQ

Enjoy.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.