Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper/Gunslinger Specs and Strategies for HM Oricon Part 1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Sniper/Gunslinger Specs and Strategies for HM Oricon Part 1

chuixupu
10.10.2013 , 11:26 PM | #21
Thanks, I'll try and visualize that when I get to the encounter again. I don't remember where all the bosses were.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

paowee
10.11.2013 , 01:45 AM | #22
Upon entering map , from left to right

tyrans, raptus, bestia and caly i believe. 10, 11, 1, and 2 o'clock respectively
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Svii
10.11.2013 , 05:03 PM | #23
Just did the council in story mode ( guild 16m drunken friday raid ^_^ ) and I found that it was just better to run around the edges. Running back and forth just made it easier to mess it up.

paowee
10.11.2013 , 05:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
Just did the council in story mode ( guild 16m drunken friday raid ^_^ ) and I found that it was just better to run around the edges. Running back and forth just made it easier to mess it up.
For us running round the map made it messy lol. We can DPS Tyrans and Raptus fast enough so that we get past that phase.

HTPRO
10.12.2013 , 09:11 AM | #25
A little info for snipers on Raptus Kiting duty (5th boss in Dread Palace). The frontal cone 3.5s channel + knockback always comes 3 global cooldowns after the boss does smash (or whatever the AoE attack is called). This is a huge help for me personally to know when to turn the boss in such a way as to not knockback the melees / tanks on bestia / calphayus to the pit.

Torgru
10.13.2013 , 01:48 PM | #26
Hey there, paowee! Just going to note a bit for you.

I think Lethal/Hybrid should get something of an honorable mention for Tyrans. If you get inferno or Simplification, you can generally more easily time it to not lose damage by refreshing dots or the like as those Same with Corrupter Zero, since it's hard to hit him during his laser phase. But, you can get dots up and do at least some damage. Throwing around the corrosive is also nice for adds.

Also, for Grobthok, the previous guy was wrong. We did HM DF about 3-4 days ago (can't remember which) and Entrench worked on Pipe Smash without a hitch. I could never time it for Overhead Smash, but the knockup from Pipe Smash was resisted every time. I know it's been said a couple times, but never hurts to have extra confirmation, right?

Also, for Raptus, you could say inversing it, in which you'd want MM. Technically, when he spins, if your dots are up, it's going to reflect. The overall damage for me only seems to do maybe twenty perfect of my health through the duration if I had like just refreshed them, but just thought I'd point it out.

Finally, for Dread Council, I would absolutely advocate using Hybrid or Lethality. You can dot up Raptus and just kite him around the outside of the map. Even without roll, you get out of Deadly Saber just before it goes off. I've been doing this for my guild, and Raptus is lucky to even hit me, while the rest of the group busies themselves around mid.
The Raine Legacy
Ellisish - 55 Sniper -+- Alex´s - 55 Juggernaut
Teneree - 55 Powetech -+- Arayani - 55 Mercenary
Kherama - 55 Marauder -+- Iannada - 55 Assassin -+- Lisi - 55 Operative

paowee
10.13.2013 , 02:03 PM | #27
full Dirty fighting (lethality) gunslinger video coming up!

paowee
10.17.2013 , 12:07 AM | #28
Brontes orbs are leg-shottable. When i get an orb i either

1) roll through it and call it a day
2) roll through it and roll fails, i run around a little bit then hit entrench (MM) + shield probe
3) roll throug ht and if roll fails , leg - shot run around to some safe corner and wait for some stacks to build up

Mythurin
10.17.2013 , 07:43 AM | #29
^^ Genius, never thought of using Leg Shot on the Orbs. Will have to try that tonight in our 16Man. We have 4 Snipers in our Group.

We restarted the WEEKLY again, got to Corrupter for the night and called it. Back at it tonight. We keep getting stuck on the last few phases of Brontes.

http://www.torparse.com/a/460283/25/0/Damage+Dealt

-J

paowee
10.17.2013 , 12:25 PM | #30
[mm] In SM at least, MM/SS can Entrench / Hunker down the final laser phase of CZ.
[any spec] It is possible to roll through Brontes' revolving laser beam in any mode.
[any spec] Roll works on Draxus adds as well (the one that pushes you back).
[any spec] I tried rolling through CZ's laser beam phase but it did not work. Must be hard to time. Only tried it in SM ofcourse...
[any spec]and as mentioned above the blue spheres CAN be rooted. Not sure about knockbacks, stuns, slows and mez's though.
[mm] Entrench will help you a lot and remove the need to run out of Brontes' purple AoE reticle during the 6 finger, 2 hand, blue sphere phase as well as the soft enrage phase as well.