Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The hottest star wars female characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The hottest star wars female characters

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
10.15.2013 , 06:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
So ascribing attractiveness to cartoon characters on TV is unhealthy? lol. 90% of people I know IRL have done this.
Sounds like group therapy time.
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Yeah, nice try.

I'm going to guess that you have never met those women in real life...so the only times you have ever seen them...would be when they are a collection of pixels.

Whether it's pictures on the internet or on tv...their faces are a collection of pixels.

You probably should have went the real people/fictional characters route...it would have been a much better argument.
No, I have not met them. I've seen interviews with many, some in television and movies, and while you can say some have faces made for radio, some are actually quite attractive, Xanthe Elbrick and Tasia Valenza off the top of my head. It's funny how defensive you became, spouting off things that have nothing to do with the discussion, more than an attack on me personally.

While I can see in one sense you perceive that calling this unhealthy was a personal attack, look on it more as a discussion as to why not. Not if I met them in real life. You haven't met any of the CG or cartoon characters in real life either, so that makes no sense in this.

As for real people/fictional characters, I did. You should go back and read it:
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
I can see someone saying that Carrie Fisher was hot as Leia, or that Natalie Portman was hot as Padme.
So in that vein, what constitutes "hot"? Is it purely physical attractiveness? Power? Personality? Probably a combination of such. For me, Lucy Lawless as Xena was about the hottest thing of the last decade, but that's not Star Wars. Only Carrie Fisher could even come close as Leia. I would want to say Natalie Portman, but she just didn't have the same on screen presence that Carrie had. She also didn't kick butt as much. Not to say that she did nothing, but what she did was quite underwhelming (if that is a word).

Other than that, on screen portrayals of women have been fleeting. You can say all you want about books, comics, and video games, but ultimately it fails in that you can make the character whatever you want with the stroke of a pen. The strength of the voice acting is all that can really be judged. From there how can you fairly compare to a flesh and blood person. Yes, voice acting is more complicated because you have to use your voice to convey meaning, but in a way, the CG or cartoon does that. A good artist can make subtle and nuanced movements that convey emotion, just as a good actor. At that point, we are comparing the work of two against one. Not exactly fair for anyone. A great voice actor may be compromised by a poor artist, or vice versa. Then you have the team up aspect against the on screen actress. It's all quite unbalanced and really in the end, yes... unhealthy.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

DarthCasus's Avatar


DarthCasus
10.15.2013 , 06:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
I don't need an order.

Jarael (KOTOR comics)
Chantique (KOTOR comics)
Darth Talon (Legacy)
Celeste Morne (KOTOR comics)
Juhani (KOTOR game)
Exal Kressh (SWTOR comic)
Seer'aa & Teer'aa the Twin Suns (KotoR 2)
Satele Shan
Jewl'a Nightbringer
THANK YOU, everyone I've ever heard anything from concerning Juhani said she's useless, hopeless and ugly. Glad to see I'm not alone. But in no specific order:

Darth Lachris
Juhani
Bastila
Aayla Secura
Ahsohka
Maris Brood
Padme Amidala
Vette
Shaak Ti
Mission Vao
Yuthura Ban
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

JacenHallis's Avatar


JacenHallis
10.16.2013 , 04:47 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
So she is at least in her mid 50's.
Yup. To be more specific, she's 59 at the time the game starts (I'm assuming when the Barsen'thor and Hero of Tython show up to finish their training). Source is the TOR encyclopedia.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
10.16.2013 , 04:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Yup. To be more specific, she's 59 at the time the game starts (I'm assuming when the Barsen'thor and Hero of Tython show up to finish their training). Source is the TOR encyclopedia.
Um...wow. Ok.......she's still trashy, lol.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

JacenHallis's Avatar


JacenHallis
10.16.2013 , 04:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Um...wow. Ok.......she's still trashy, lol.
Outside of your headcanon, how is she trashy? Is it her previous relationship with Jace Malcom? is it the fact that she dresses the same way she did at 20 in the Return video? I fail to see the trashiness in regards to Satele.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
10.16.2013 , 05:06 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Outside of your headcanon, how is she trashy? Is it her previous relationship with Jace Malcom? is it the fact that she dresses the same way she did at 20 in the Return video? I fail to see the trashiness in regards to Satele.
Headcanon. EVERYTHING IS IN REFERENCE TO MY HEADCANON! MWAHAHAHA! Seriously, though. I was joking.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
10.16.2013 , 05:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
So ascribing attractiveness to cartoon characters on TV is unhealthy? lol. 90% of people I know IRL have done this.
90% is being conservative imo.
Almost everyone has done this
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

VitalityPrime's Avatar


VitalityPrime
10.16.2013 , 07:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post

No, I have not met them. I've seen interviews with many, some in television and movies, and while you can say some have faces made for radio, some are actually quite attractive, Xanthe Elbrick and Tasia Valenza off the top of my head. It's funny how defensive you became, spouting off things that have nothing to do with the discussion, more than an attack on me personally.

While I can see in one sense you perceive that calling this unhealthy was a personal attack, look on it more as a discussion as to why not. Not if I met them in real life. You haven't met any of the CG or cartoon characters in real life either, so that makes no sense in this.

As for real people/fictional characters, I did. You should go back and read it:
Defensive? Personal attack?

I was simply pointing out the flaw in your argument.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
10.16.2013 , 07:30 AM | #19
Watcher 2 ( i am really surprised no1 mentioned her, i mean wt f !?)
Elara Dorne
Aayla Secura
Jaesa Willsaam
Ahsoka Tano
random twi'lek slave prostitute

I am not going to get into creepy reasons and details,because of the minimal age restriction on these forums.

edit : and maybe Githany,but not because of how she looks in drawings ,but because of how she was described in the book.

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
10.16.2013 , 10:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Defensive? Personal attack?

I was simply pointing out the flaw in your argument.
Explain how it's a flaw. Or are you going to hide behind, "If you're not intelligent enough to figure it out..." BS?
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson