Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

jeniyagyu
10.12.2013 , 10:01 PM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
Running HM Athiss with a Pug group. Myself, a mara, in set bonused 72's and 78's, another mara in 72's with a 78 chest no set bonus, then a sorc healer with 27k, and a PT Tank with 32k (zero set pieces). Anyways, he decides that he doesnt need to guard anyone and we get to the first boss. I end up tanking the boss and the other mara kills the adds. Figured ok, maybe he's a new tank that has no clue whats going on. 2nd boss, I tank as well and the other mara goes rage spec and takes care of adds, the PT taunts and then immediately threat drops every time...and the final boss he does the exact same thing...anyways, not even hard to tank HM Athiss.
LOL! That reminds me of a group I just did ... PT Tank not guarding or taunting .... Srsly, too bad you can't tell me who it was and see if it was the same guy!
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Ugasonofuga
10.13.2013 , 01:47 AM | #1012
This thread is awesome, even im comparison to its German clone

I'm leveling a PT tank atm and got into a Mandalorian Raiders SM run. Note that I was lvl 30 at this point of time, had 9k hp and knew the FP very well. Rest of the group were a lvl 23 operative healer, a lvl 25 marauder and a lvl 25 assassin.
FP opens up and I inspect the others. Healer was well geared for his level, dds were not. Marauder going a mix of cunning and strength with two pieces of willpower, assassin still had pieces of Korriban gear. I tell the heal and get a "well.." in response. I order to myself to carry on because I do need the daily for lvl 31.
Pulling is a little adventure, because sin and mara are taunting/jumping everything and do chainpulls. First boss was relativly easy because the sin just tried to taunt the dogs and ignored the main boss, heal is really busy. After the boss I initiate a vote-kick on the mara because he tried to ninja a piece of cunning. Mara gets booted and starts to insult me and the healer in /w. Replacement for the mara is a lvl 30 PT. we proceed and eventually get to the second boss. We vote-kicked the sin on the way because he simply was annoying as hell, telling the healer how bad he is (he wasn't, was one of the best low-lvl healers I have seen lately) and telling me that I do not know how to tank, not to forget how bad my gear is. We got a well geared and well skilled sniper in place.
Standing right before the republic boarding party I had to go afk for something like ten seconds or so. When I come back, PT dd lies face down, sniper is nearly dead and operative runs for his life. I tried to save what I could but died. PT insults everyone with very bad German words and leaves. Operative tells me that the PT pulled but that we can at least save time because wo do not need a vote-kick anymore. We shake heads and I get out lovely Mako as some healing support for the operative. Rest of the FP went smoothly and everyone left had some good laughs and a newly filled igno list.

EDIT: Please excuse any language or grammar mistakes, English is not my first language, you can still guess, what my first language is
Vayyn
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Assassins : getting nerfed since 93 because of pesky PVE-ers

redfurry
10.13.2013 , 04:51 AM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yeah, I've been playing since launch and never saw that strategy either.
First time I was on Colicoid War Games, a few months after launch, was on my healer. I had read a guide that detailed both strategies. I tried staying in my turret and we wiped. Someone on the group said "Healer gotta heal ", so next try I stayed down and healed everyone, and we passed it with no problem. So I was under the impression that it was the good strategy.

Fortunately, when I got back there on my tank I had read this thread already so I knew things had changed.

Weid people story: I'm leveling an Immortal Jugg. Join GF for Hammer Station. Couple Merc DPS, a Sorc healer a bit higher level than the rest. I swear, the "healer" seemed like a parody of this tread. He didn't heal at all; he pulled on all fights, including bosses; he immediately came up to the boss to swing his saber, only using lightning every once in a while - oh, and Overload, so he would push mobs away from me, which is particularly aggravating as a Jugg; he only tried to heal himself when he was almost dead, or healed us out of combat when we revived after a wipe. Ok, so he's new to the game and doesn't know a lot about it, no problem, we'll try to tell him what he should do, in the nicest possible terms... Useless. He didn't say anything, or gave any indication that he was reading the chat. He probably didn't know a lot of English, but if he saw his name in the chat he could have at least said "sorry no English", right? Not even that.

Edit - forgot to mention he needed on everything that dropped.

Miraculously we got through the first two bosses, but the last one was impossible. We kicked him, things weren't terribly smooth afterwards, but we managed to beat the FP.

Another interesting situation a few weeks ago. Battle of Ilum SM. We are killing everything no problem. Second to last boss, a nice Cunning piece drops, both the Gunslinger and the Scoundrel healer need for it, Scoundrel wins. Fair and square, right? So, GS starts to say, in very broken English, that he shouldn't have needed because he's already wearing a better piece, and that he's a ninja and an ******e, and to give it back. The other DPS, from the same guild, backs him up in equally aggressive and badly written terms. Healer answers that it is very debatable, but he would be OK with giving away the gear if asked nicely; even now that he's been insulted, he will give it if they apologize and ask nice. But no, they insist "you ninja ******e, you give gear". It was like they were droids or aliens that had read somewhere on the Net that the proper way to react when you lose a roll is to insult the winner and call him ninja. There was no getting them off their horse. This went on for a while, until they realized that if we left, they would have a way longer time waiting in the queue than us, so they better shut it and played ball. It worries me so much that bad form is catching.

bionamaster
10.13.2013 , 08:40 AM | #1014
I almost feel left out. I've primarily only had good experiences with the Group Finder. There was one time, though........

False Emperor Hardmode Flashpoint. I queued, got a group after twenty minutes (I'm a DPS, you see :/) and things went fairly uneventfully. Then we got to the first boss, the Trandoshan. The Tank decided to let the boss repeatedly hit the Healer (not sure why) with that spinning attack. Healer died, and we followed soon after. The Tank complained we were "the worst team ever" and continued whining until we kicked him and I got a Tank from my then-current Guild to help out. Since then, nothing too terrible, though. I feel for some of you guys, sounds like there are a lot of lousy groups flying around out there....
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Bilirubin
10.13.2013 , 12:03 PM | #1015
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Got in a pug EV HM last night. We get to Gharj. The ops leader states not to skip him because a guildie actually needed gear, which is fine, so we kill it. Except one dps decided to cross the lava anyway, and just sit there the whole time. After we beat the boss and we're heading to the pylons, he starts complaining about how there's no reason to kill that boss because there's no guarantee the guy would get loot. Duh? So we get to the pylons, and we notice that guy is still just standing in the same spot. 5 min later he finally says "coming". Ops leader tells him to go south. No response. a couple min later he finally goes says "jeez I am just tabbing out because you guys take so long". Op leader says "we're taking so long because we're waiting for you!" He still doesn't go south, so someone else does.

Fast forward to Soa. The tank goofs and force speeds off a ledge so he tells everyone to /stuck. We get back in, and we notice that same dps is still sitting on the fleet. We call him out and wait with no response. Finally we just pull and kill the boss. After exiting the area, the guy is still just sitting outside the instance.

What do you think, drunk? High? Just bored, lazy and apathetic? Narcoleptic?
One never knows when butter might call
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

MorgothPl
10.13.2013 , 02:17 PM | #1016
Hammer Station HM, just doing pug run for daily reward. First few pulls I notice I loose aggro to a DPS asassin on my jugg. Very strange, as ususally it's hard to steal aggro from a single mob. I examine such DPS, and she has dark ward on her.

I thought she forgot about it, so tell her politely, to change into DPS stance. Then another pull, and the same. Okay, agression level rising, I ask her again to change dark ward. She replies: "I hate lightning stance, I won't change it". As the other PUG members saw no problems with her attitude, I realised, it's high time for me to go, so said goodbye and left the party.

Other story will be of me - Came back after 2 months, and LFG gave me the new Czerka stuff. I read the guide on Dulfy, but told people I'm doing it first time. They explained again the tactics, but, as "practice trumps theory", I was too slow with sandstorm boss and dragging him to boxes, and before I got the feeling of FP, it cost us about 4 wipes.

Luckily none of the folks left, and they just said, that I had to learn it. Still, I feel I owe tchem apology here for those wipes.

SturmUndSterne
10.13.2013 , 03:48 PM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
I almost feel left out. I've primarily only had good experiences with the Group Finder. There was one time, though........

False Emperor Hardmode Flashpoint. I queued, got a group after twenty minutes (I'm a DPS, you see :/) and things went fairly uneventfully. Then we got to the first boss, the Trandoshan. The Tank decided to let the boss repeatedly hit the Healer (not sure why) with that spinning attack. Healer died, and we followed soon after. The Tank complained we were "the worst team ever" and continued whining until we kicked him and I got a Tank from my then-current Guild to help out. Since then, nothing too terrible, though. I feel for some of you guys, sounds like there are a lot of lousy groups flying around out there....
The tank can't pull the boss during the spin attack. He's stationary. That's on the healer for being derpy.

TheSupaCoopa
10.13.2013 , 04:18 PM | #1018
Duran'del Here:

I guess I'm one of the wierder people in GF. This is mostly because I see a wipe as my faulted, no matter what I am. I normally quit the group after a few wipes, apologizing to the group about my sucking.

The ironic part is.....

I'm level 55.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

TheSupaCoopa
10.13.2013 , 04:24 PM | #1019
Duran'del here:

I remember being in a lowbie FP and one of our DPS's was a Guardian in cunning/aim and green stength gear. he rolled need on everything, even the stuff he didn't need, even the assault cannon I needed for Jorgan on my Tactics Vanguard. Maybe he was F2P or a noob, but the worst part was I had told him a million times he only needed stuff that had strength.....
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Diranda
10.13.2013 , 05:19 PM | #1020
This happened when i was playing on my vanguard dps. I got a group for Taral V SM. The "tank" was also a vanguard, and he was also in dps spec, with dps gear and dps ammo cell. On the first boss, the one with the 2 cats, he died on like 2 hits from the boss. We all died like 3-4 times and then he starts whining that "the healer sux and that the healer should only heal him better". We kindly told him that if he's going to tank he should have tank gear, tank stance and tank spec, to which he replied: "i only need heals!"...
Okay we thought and tried again, and now we also notice he only uses hammershot and completly ignores to taunt the cats, which of course attacks the healer. We point this out and again he replies: "I only need heals!" it took about 2 more deaths, then he declares that we are idiots and leaves. Waiting for a tank in gf isn't fun, but we were lucky and got one almost at once. But the horror didnt stop there. At least not for me.

So we clear the first boss, cause the new tank, a guardian, knows what hes doing. And the boss drops a heavy armor aim gear, and i think "sweet!" cause its an upgrade for me. Then the healer, a sage, needs on it and immidiatly after he wins the roll he dc's. I understand you can't really control a dc, but it did seem suspicious and we waited about 10 mins for him to come back. He didnt.
Diranda