Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lack of story/dialogue in flashpoints...

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 10:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KalSpiro View Post
Hammer station has a great story that has no need for the standard wheel.

That said the reason NONE of these have that is because they were all created and thrown in during the last legs of Beta. Black Talon, Esseles, Taral V... and such were all fully fleshed out and tested for many builds, these intermediary ones were not.
ya, that much is clear to me, i just wish they incorporated more dialogue. it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard... just re-write the text into a holo visual of an npc explaining things, etc...

Veritask
12.23.2011 , 10:36 AM | #12
I just did Boarding Part last night(Empire, lvl 33 FP) and it was the first FP since BT that actually had a lot of dialouge and written story behind it. It was a nice change of pace from Hammer Station, Athiss, Mando and Cademinu...but i wouldn't want to have to go through that every FP. Sometimes its just fun to run in and spank some mobs and get some gear.

Though the second time i did Boarding Party, two of the security chests were locked and inaccessible...not a happy camper after that.

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 11:12 AM | #13
lame!

glad to see that there's more story in later instances, tho. prolly doin that one tonight.

Nellise
12.23.2011 , 11:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
No, it doesn''t. Story can be atmosphere, boss voice-overs, NPC interactions, relevance of our involvement. It does not have to equate conversation wheel.

Don''t be so narrow minded.
But then I'd have to admit that other MMOs might have story too and that would ruin the only thing that this game has going for it .

Saberolson
12.23.2011 , 11:35 AM | #15
I agree, we ran hammerstation last night, and I cant even tell you what the hell we were doing there. Just felt like I was running through a dungeon in any other game, though the final boss battle was very tough and well thought out. Granted having a very weak player made it worse, it was still a nice surprise for such an early instance. I guess had the idiot jedi not been rushing from spot to spot like this was a damn random dungeon finder mission in wow, it could of been better, but I miss the dialouge. Me and my buddy on skype were laughing are asses off at the stuff our characters were saying in the first one.

Oh well, as long as the latter ones get better, Ill look past it. At least the encounters themselves are more than just basic tank and spanks.

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 11:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
But then I'd have to admit that other MMOs might have story too and that would ruin the only thing that this game has going for it .
hehe, in all seriousness, exactly right.

you're spot on.

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 11:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Saberolson View Post
I agree, we ran hammerstation last night, and I cant even tell you what the hell we were doing there. Just felt like I was running through a dungeon in any other game, though the final boss battle was very tough and well thought out. Granted having a very weak player made it worse, it was still a nice surprise for such an early instance. I guess had the idiot jedi not been rushing from spot to spot like this was a damn random dungeon finder mission in wow, it could of been better, but I miss the dialouge. Me and my buddy on skype were laughing are asses off at the stuff our characters were saying in the first one.

Oh well, as long as the latter ones get better, Ill look past it. At least the encounters themselves are more than just basic tank and spanks.
yep, you're echoing my exact feelings.. not a clue what hammerstation was about.

Mormack
12.23.2011 , 12:19 PM | #18
I'm happy that all the instances don't have the convos that Black Talon does. I like it but man, it would get on my nerves if they were all like that. Group Decisions kinda annoys me.

JesseValianes
12.23.2011 , 12:19 PM | #19
And then you start farming Flashpoints on expert mode for better gear and you realize that you've heard the same story 10 times already...

Mormack
12.23.2011 , 12:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseValianes View Post
And then you start farming Flashpoints on expert mode for better gear and you realize that you've heard the same story 10 times already...

This. Not only that but I agree that it doesn't take a lot of dialog and decisions to make a good story. Its everything.