Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Obsidian wants to make KotOR 3

decereck
07.10.2013 , 09:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Yup, here's a Wookiee article on it, they had concept art and everything.
I can't believe we were that close to having a 3rd in my favourite games series

mefit
07.10.2013 , 12:35 PM | #22
Let me say this like Yoda

"Doubtful EA outsource its License to a Company they do not own or Control,
Much reaching for false hope Obsidian Fans have ........"

Obsidian also wanted to make a RPG game around RotJ ..........

But then nothing seems to be out the Reach of EA's Check Book , maybe Obsidian is looking at being bought !

It is not entirely impossible that EA might give the Right to use their Licensing to Obisidian but it is doubtful .
EA has a lot of inhouse companies that can do it .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Pietrastor
07.10.2013 , 05:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Obsidian Entertainment would love to do Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3 in any fashion, according to lead writer Chris Avellone.

How do you think KotOR 3 would work, would it replace The Old Republic: Revan and re-tell the story in a very expanded tone or would it be based on something entirely different?

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ld-republic-3/
Avellone already answered it partially few years back. The Sith Empire was supposed to be creating Force Wounds in the galaxy to "conquer the Republic without firing a shot". Don't have link to the interview but uncle Google will surely remember. Of course, this plot is no longer on the table. That was Obbsidian's idea, there was also KOTOR 3 in development internally at LucasArts in like 2004, got cancelled. Dunno if it used Obsidian's plot.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/06/que...hris-avellone/
Quote:
Question: For years, KOTOR fans were speculating who, or perhaps what the ‘True Sith’, mentioned by Kreia at the end of “The Sith Lords”, were. In ‘The Old Republic’ MMO, BioWare made them be the survivors of Naga Sadow’s Empire from the Great Hyperspace War.
My question is who/what the ‘True Sith’ were in your concept? Descendants of King Adas’s ancient Sith Empire? A completly unknown and separate gropu of the Dark Side of the Force users? Or perhaps the ‘True Sith’ was not suppoused to be an organization, but rather an idea?

Answer: They were survivors of Naga Sadow’s empire. Much like the Shadows in Babylon 5, they were orchestrating the collapse of the Republic from behind the scenes, interfering with key events to cause echoes through the Force and leave it ripe for invasion – hopefully without a shot even being fired. In essence, they were changing the shape of the galaxy through manipulation of specific people and conflicts, much like Sidious did, but on an even larger scale than Episode 1 through 3.

The idea was that in Knights of the Old Republic II, Revan slowly became aware of this underlying threat (because Revan is a tactical ******) and went off to seek out the true source of the threat to the galaxy. This was why he was trying to keep the Old Republic infrastructure intact so he could use it against the Sith. Anyway. Fairy tales and legends and what might have been, but that was the intent, yes.

Raltar
07.10.2013 , 06:04 PM | #24
I'd rather have Bioware make KotOR 3 because KotOR is a billion times better than KotOR 2. They would have to use the same team that made KotOR, though. If they can't do that, I don't want a KotOR 3.

Beniboybling
07.10.2013 , 06:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Well that's very interesting... very interesting indeed.

Jandi
07.10.2013 , 07:01 PM | #26
Isn't that kind of what the Emperor is doing in TOR before JK comes along with the help of Scourge to stop him? Creating wounds to form echoes that ultimately coalesce into a single event that drains everything? At least, that's one possibility of what's happening in the JK storyline.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

MeisterBabylon
07.11.2013 , 12:21 AM | #27
How about they make a MMO space game for console players and have that interact with SWTOR in a limited fashion, like Dust and EVE?
"I feel your anger, Master."
"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!"
"...Okay, I'm officially scared."

LieutenantCole
07.11.2013 , 07:26 AM | #28
I'd love to see an Obsidian-made KoToR 3. Hell, I'd be happy with a remake of the second game that has the cut content from the released version. I thought Obsidian did a much better job overall with the franchise, despite the bugs and missing content.

The KoToR 2 remake may never come into fruition, but I can only hope otherwise.

revansowns
10.09.2013 , 01:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
They can easily tie the game in with SWTOR.

Hell if they wanted they could make it a separate expansion to SWTOR, EVE does that all the time.
Or they could do something extremely logical: Make a KOTOR 3, with it being a sequel to KOTOR I and II and a prequel to TOR.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

Selenial
10.09.2013 , 02:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
Or they could do something extremely logical: Make a KOTOR 3, with it being a sequel to KOTOR I and II and a prequel to TOR.
So... The Revan Novel. Just, less Karpyshyn.

Also, nice Necro.

Also, they can't do it now because EA/Bioware own the IP for Star Wars...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger