Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Rahizm
10.08.2013 , 11:31 PM | #131
I'm experiencing a problem with parsec. I cannot launch it -> ANYMORE<-.

I get this warning:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6033/owz7.png

It updates, then shows this warning.

Things I've tried:
- restarting computer
- uninstall then reinstall
- have .Net 4.5 installed

No clue how to fix it.
Nae'palm - Gunnery Commando | Rh - Sentinel Deeps | Rev'movak - Shadow Tank | Sutchadik - Dirty Kicker
<Phobos> @ The Harbinger

Zhaaratustra
10.09.2013 , 04:48 AM | #132
My guild switched also to PARSEC, this pasrer is by far the best out there. While some players reported performance problems with MOX or torparse no one complained until now.

I love the combat log feature especially the filter options. This makes analyzing fights much more easier.

Keep up that great work and to all the users make notice of the donate button. I think this parser is worth the support of the community.
Avistyn
~~Dark Society~~
Teamlead SWToR section

Docmal
10.09.2013 , 09:00 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Rahizm View Post
I'm experiencing a problem with parsec. I cannot launch it -> ANYMORE<-.

I get this warning:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6033/owz7.png

It updates, then shows this warning.

Things I've tried:
- restarting computer
- uninstall then reinstall
- have .Net 4.5 installed

No clue how to fix it.
Yuk that sucks. Can you send the Error message when you press the details button to the parsec support email? It is support @ ParsecParser . com (without the spaces)

Thanks,
Drew
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

KimuRave
10.09.2013 , 01:15 PM | #134
Hey Doc,
u did a great job with providing this wonderful tool to the community! My whole guild has recently switched from torparse to parsec because of ist superiority in Terms of stability, Performance and professional Features like filtering Options!
Here Comes some Feedback:

a) Currenty the raid dmg popout list is sorted by DPS. I think it should be sorted by DMG done, we often had some weird results like

RANK/Player Name DMG done DPS
#1 PlayerA 100.000 3200
#2 PlayerB 122.000 2800
#3 PlayerC 95.000 2600

In this case playerB should be leading, not playerA

b) Will there be those fancy bars to visualize the relative dmg done like torparse did?

Sorry for my english, im no native Speaker and quite lazy when it Comes to thinking about formulations in foreign languages

Docmal
10.09.2013 , 03:51 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by KimuRave View Post
Hey Doc,
u did a great job with providing this wonderful tool to the community! My whole guild has recently switched from torparse to parsec because of ist superiority in Terms of stability, Performance and professional Features like filtering Options!
Here Comes some Feedback:

a) Currenty the raid dmg popout list is sorted by DPS. I think it should be sorted by DMG done, we often had some weird results like

RANK/Player Name DMG done DPS
#1 PlayerA 100.000 3200
#2 PlayerB 122.000 2800
#3 PlayerC 95.000 2600

In this case playerB should be leading, not playerA

b) Will there be those fancy bars to visualize the relative dmg done like torparse did?

Sorry for my english, im no native Speaker and quite lazy when it Comes to thinking about formulations in foreign languages
Its funny you mention the sort order. I have asked this of my raid group's DPS on many occasions and always get a different answer. It really boils down to what people expect and unfortunately what people expect often changes based on the context. If you are the person who died half way through a long fight and was revived, if it was sorted by total damage you would be stuck at the bottom of the pile indefinitely. I came to the conclusion that during combat it was better to see damage sorted by dps because it is more dynamic. However, after a fight it was better to sort by total damage to see how you did.

All that said, I do have some enhancements to the pop puts on my list but they most likely aren't coming soon(tm).
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Rahizm
10.15.2013 , 08:01 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Yuk that sucks. Can you send the Error message when you press the details button to the parsec support email? It is support @ ParsecParser . com (without the spaces)

Thanks,
Drew
Forgot about my post. Will do
Nae'palm - Gunnery Commando | Rh - Sentinel Deeps | Rev'movak - Shadow Tank | Sutchadik - Dirty Kicker
<Phobos> @ The Harbinger

arbaraith
10.16.2013 , 12:50 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
I think you have parsec and torparse confused. Parsec does not use adobe air and does not have a window that Checks parameters.

Parsec requires MS .net 4.5 runtime, and does a quick check for updates when it starts.
Ah thanks, think i got that confused yea.
So i downloaded MS .net4.5 fresh and installed it and Parsec still does not start. It opens a window checking for updates i presume, then just closes. No error, no nothing.

Docmal
10.17.2013 , 06:51 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by arbaraith View Post
Ah thanks, think i got that confused yea.
So i downloaded MS .net4.5 fresh and installed it and Parsec still does not start. It opens a window checking for updates i presume, then just closes. No error, no nothing.
Are you sure the program is not open and stuck off screen? You can check the task manager and see if it running. Either way send me an email support @ parsecparser . Com and i can help you work through it.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Zinayzen
10.20.2013 , 12:02 AM | #139
This program is fantastic. My one complaint is that I'm always worried I'll accidentally click it and it'll take me out of the game. Would it be possible to "lock" it or click through it to prevent this?

paowee
10.23.2013 , 09:20 PM | #140
Been getting this error
Quote:
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://parsec.codeplex.com/releases...nt.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Exception occurred loading manifest from file ParsecClient.exe: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ File ParsecClient.exe is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file.
+ Could not find file 'C:\Users\Paowee\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment\P5W YPJCA.QCA\HKN168QL.KPO\ParsecClient.exe'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
Happened right after I downloaded the new latest release..

I uninstsalled it and when I try to download from the website it says

Quote:
Cannot start application, unable to retrieve application files. files corrupt in deployment
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records