Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Storage space and Player housing/cities... Bring back the fun of Galaxies!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Storage space and Player housing/cities... Bring back the fun of Galaxies!!!

Marrius
10.09.2013 , 12:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
It's ok to dream your dreams, but there comes a time to realize you have to wake at some point. The way this game was built precludes such dreams. As C2-N2 likes to point out, "You can't make a shimmersilk purse out of a bantha's ear."

The alternatives are not out there for player housing as many point out, yet you want to push it. Why are you surprised when people push back? For goodness sake, it took almost a year to get the option to put a guild bank in your ship, imagine putting stuff ANYWHERE. At best in the next year or two, we may be able to hang trophies in predetermined hooks (a la, LotRO and STO). The whole push of the new expansion is to allow customization of the outside of your ship. At least that will be built that way.

As for pointing fingers, a mature person wouldn't have even have pointed it out. Yet you did, but I'm OK with that. Since I put the offerings for my ideas where they belong. In the Suggestions forum, not Community.

But I didn't point you out did I? You did that all yourself. Why? Do you feel a need to be recognized? Is your idea of self importance so vital that you need to be right all the time? Do you need a hug?

Listen sport, this is a valid thread. If it wasn't it would be deleted or moved and seeing you are not the site moderator then maybe for the sake of "maturity" you should show a little respect for the subject matter and post accordingly.

To put it plainly, if you can't say something of value to others then keep it to yourself.

AlexDougherty
10.09.2013 , 02:59 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Marrius View Post
But I didn't point you out did I? You did that all yourself. Why? Do you feel a need to be recognized? Is your idea of self importance so vital that you need to be right all the time? Do you need a hug?

Listen sport, this is a valid thread. If it wasn't it would be deleted or moved and seeing you are not the site moderator then maybe for the sake of "maturity" you should show a little respect for the subject matter and post accordingly.

To put it plainly, if you can't say something of value to others then keep it to yourself.
Um, he was saying something of value, he was giving you constructive criticism, he wasn't talking down, he wasn't being rude, he was pointing out that people have the right to offer their opinions about things. He also pointed out why your suggestion wasn't going to work, the technical reason is that it would require a total rewrite of the game, which is Thylbanus was saying.

Also nobody has even suggested that this isn't a valid thread, merely that you over-react to criticism, everybody on this thread and the other one has been exceedingly polite, but you seem to see rudeness were it doesn't exist. Ok, maybe I could be more finessed with my responses, but I tend not to see my bluntness until other people point it out, I see it as getting to the point, not shillyshallying about.

As for making suggestions of our own, we've all done that, mostly in the suggestion forum or cartel market forum, some of them have even been done (or something similar at any rate). If there was a relevant suggestion to this idea we would make it, really we would, but all we see is the problems in the way, and we are pointing it out to you.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Thylbanus
10.09.2013 , 06:48 AM | #33

Talk about the Pot and the Kettle. If you scan back through this post (and even the very same post, which I highlighted in white) and see the derision and spite (some of which seems to have been removed, but the quotes are still there)
And I don't care to hear from people saying 'this isn't going to happen' If we all listened to the naysayers we's likely all still be living in Europe thinking the world was flat.
Well I guess if I felt the need to be important I might point out and itemize your errors. But you know. I really don't care about being right or wrong. All I care about is seeing this game succeed and be more than just another online failure.
And I'll tell you this.... I would rather see 300+ posts about it rather than 1 superfluous postulation from a windbag with an over inflated sense of self worth, But that is just me.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Read through my post, and there are only three personal statements, one is already "I", turning "do we??" into "do me??" makes no sense, and the third is about wanting to customise our ships. Are you saying you don't want that option?
Your whole post is written in first person yet you presume to speak for others. Sorry mate, you aint the queen.
Hmmm... quite. Perhaps following your own advice BEFORE dolling it out is in order.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Arkerus
10.09.2013 , 09:51 AM | #34
Galaxies tore a hole in about 1000 people's hearts when I was cancelled, not millions.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Arkerus
10.09.2013 , 09:52 AM | #35

His post was very reasonable and is simply pointing to the flaws in your ideas. That is more than fair and you need to accept it.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

buckeyebulldog
10.09.2013 , 12:17 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sphinxes View Post
"Millions" of SWG players? More like 100K by the end.

That being said the next sandbox MMO should be World of Darkness sometime in 2016...
<----- Is very excited about WoD. If it's half as good as I hope, I know several players who will make it their MMO home. Hopefully it will release 2015; seems a realistic target date.

eclipce
10.09.2013 , 01:47 PM | #37
BioWare should implement some easy to do housing in the space expansion- our starships would be perfect and sufficiant imho, and them ships needs some much needed love.

new starships, interior and exterior designs, weapon+window+jet colors, able to remove companions, some easy tonuse item placings such as trophys and the like.
"you cannot kill what you did not create"

StarMagus
10.09.2013 , 02:14 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipce View Post
BioWare should implement some easy to do housing in the space expansion- our starships would be perfect and sufficiant imho, and them ships needs some much needed love.

new starships, interior and exterior designs, weapon+window+jet colors, able to remove companions, some easy tonuse item placings such as trophys and the like.
Not as easy as it seems. The star ships are from the words of one of the Dev's a nasty mess of code that they fear going near because of how easy it is to break 100 things by changing one line.

eclipce
10.09.2013 , 02:32 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
Not as easy as it seems. The star ships are from the words of one of the Dev's a nasty mess of code that they fear going near because of how easy it is to break 100 things by changing one line.
Well i expect more from a leading gaming company famous for rp elements and immersion and starship housing has been a topic on these forums since dawn of swtor-time.

Think the ROI would be huge for such features trough the CM- coding it right, or create a new codes from scratch, id pay top dollar to be able to at least have my characters fly the smuggler ship or bounty hunter ship alone.
"you cannot kill what you did not create"

Marrius
10.10.2013 , 04:52 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Um, he was saying something of value, he was giving you constructive criticism, he wasn't talking down, he wasn't being rude, he was pointing out that people have the right to offer their opinions about things. He also pointed out why your suggestion wasn't going to work, the technical reason is that it would require a total rewrite of the game, which is Thylbanus was saying.

Also nobody has even suggested that this isn't a valid thread, merely that you over-react to criticism, everybody on this thread and the other one has been exceedingly polite, but you seem to see rudeness were it doesn't exist. Ok, maybe I could be more finessed with my responses, but I tend not to see my bluntness until other people point it out, I see it as getting to the point, not shillyshallying about.

As for making suggestions of our own, we've all done that, mostly in the suggestion forum or cartel market forum, some of them have even been done (or something similar at any rate). If there was a relevant suggestion to this idea we would make it, really we would, but all we see is the problems in the way, and we are pointing it out to you.

He implied I use the suggestion thread to give ideas and attempted to validated his criticisms as such.

My implication that this is a valid thread is rhetorical. and As I have implied it is easy to criticize. He offered no new ideas and just trashed others ideas. That takes no imagination or intelligence. For you to argue on his behalf makes me wonder why? If I am offended by irrational tripe criticisms of something I actually put effort into thinking about then that is my right and I am justified as such.

If you are butthurt over my bluntness perhaps it is you who over reacts.

I think that if someone is going to offer ideas we should all respect those ideas as if it was us who thought of them. Telling someone to stop dreaming or that their ideas and opinions are wrong is arrogant and uneducated.
These are forums designed for the exchange of ideas if you don't like the ideas then you have the right to present your own ideas. Raining on someone's parade accomplishes nothing but create bad blood and resentment.

The fact is that SWTOR is in trouble. We can all agree on that. Now how are we going to save it?