Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ajaxduo
10.08.2013 , 08:40 PM | #101
'Meh'. Battlefront 1 & 2 4lyf <3

Reble-Dog-Squad
10.08.2013 , 08:42 PM | #102
The video does suggest the space combat is on rails and not free flight as advertised
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

Sinapus
10.08.2013 , 09:03 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"
If you give away free ice cream, someone will complain about the lack of chocolate sauce and/or sprinkles.

Edit:
Hm. I'm wondering if I should hope this will have voice chat like ME3 MP, or hope not. I know I'll be tempted to continually mutter: "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar..." and that might get annoying to other players.

*heavy damage*
"It's okay! I'm a leaf on the wind!" "What does that mean?!"
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

shamfurdispray
10.08.2013 , 09:30 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post
If you give away free ice cream, someone will complain about the lack of chocolate sauce and/or sprinkles.

Some people expect too much and when things didn't live up to their expectations, it's normal to feel disappointed. I'm not defending anything or anyone here but I can understand why a lot of people feel afraid and unsure, as I can sympathize with people who have valid complaint. Sadly some people prefer to just complain at everything. Me? I appreciated what we get at the moment, and being upset over this change nothing at all. Although I had hoped that future content will be real expansion with the continuation of faction based and class stories.

Mystery_Tart
10.08.2013 , 09:58 PM | #105
I'm really looking forward to this expansion. Hoping for ships that fill different roles in combat. While I don't enjoy the current pvp action of swtor, I did come here from a space-based pvp game. I can't wait to see if this is anything like that game was because I loved it enough to play for over 2 years. I reserve my "good job Bioware"'s until I've actually tried it.

Rafaman
10.08.2013 , 10:37 PM | #106
Two thoughts.

1. As this is their initial release of this type, I hope everyone tempers their expectations at launch. I think it will be great but I'm realistic and understand that this is a starting point: limited areas, limited battles etc. So lets temper our expectations and look forward to a great addition to the game.

2. So... should we start grinding comms and ship upgrades now? Will it be of any benefit? I can grind with the best of them and can get my ship up to par in short order if I know there is a pay off with regard to the expansion.

Phrase
10.08.2013 , 10:45 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by ZioGio View Post
I see quite a few people excited over free-flight, but I think that's an assumption based on a video and not on any documentation (at least that I could find).

I agree that PvP on rails sounds far fetched and free-flight makes more sense, but I'm going to curtail my enthusiasm until I know for sure what it is I'm getting excited about.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric
/5freeflights

Sixgun
The Bastion

Darth_Haderach
10.08.2013 , 11:23 PM | #108
It made the hair stand up on the back of my arm. Consider me enormously excited. Add PvE side to it and I will switch to infinitely excited.

Helig
10.08.2013 , 11:59 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Haderach View Post
It made the hair stand up on the back of my arm. Consider me enormously excited. Add PvE side to it and I will switch to infinitely excited.
Kind of ironic that the, THE Arena patch was, in fact, 75% PvE patch, and the first true PvP patch is, well, SPACE!

But, as I said, I'm quite excited, nonetheless.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Diefenbaker
10.09.2013 , 01:20 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinapus View Post

Edit:
Hm. I'm wondering if I should hope this will have voice chat like ME3 MP, or hope not. I know I'll be tempted to continually mutter: "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar..." and that might get annoying to other players.

*heavy damage*
"It's okay! I'm a leaf on the wind!" "What does that mean?!"
I'll just sing at you then.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”