Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Digital Expansion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwnerJord
10.08.2013 , 02:54 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam_Skyrunner View Post
You present this as an expansion. Does that mean a new planet and level cap?
I'd like to know this as well
"It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's plans."

Glower
10.08.2013 , 02:57 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRichardEW View Post
You know you don't have to take part in it right. It is completely optional and more then likely will not effect your MMO/story and normal ground base pvp.
Yes, but it takes away dev resources from the main game.
Like... new pve planets or new pvp warzones.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Technohic
10.08.2013 , 02:58 PM | #93
If only they could integrate this with "ground" PvP. Attacking each other with each side having its own capital ship. Whoever wins the space fight then starts invading the enemy capital ship by boarding it then it turns into sort of a Voidstar attack.

That's probably just a dream and will stay that way like it has across 2 different Star Wars games now.

EranofArcadia
10.08.2013 , 02:58 PM | #94
If all it does outside of space PvP is raise the level cap to 60, then it will have given me far more than my money's worth.

(Also, if it changes the loading screen into a spaceship fight, that would be sweet too.)

EricMusco
10.08.2013 , 02:59 PM | #95 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Sam_Skyrunner View Post
You present this as an expansion. Does that mean a new planet and level cap?
There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
10.08.2013 , 03:01 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric
Awesome answers!!11!!!!!1! If you told me I needed to grind a new PvP suit I was gonna...um...get mad!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Thundernuts
10.08.2013 , 03:01 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
If all it does outside of space PvP is raise the level cap to 60, then it will have given me far more than my money's worth.

(Also, if it changes the loading screen into a spaceship fight, that would be sweet too.)
It's free. So no matter what they do, you've gotten your money's worth.
THUNDERNÜTS TITO - Guardian Tank
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

OwnerJord
10.08.2013 , 03:02 PM | #98

-eric
Thank you for the fast response, can't wait to pew pew in space!
"It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's plans."

Auricelia
10.08.2013 , 03:02 PM | #99

-eric
And then all discussion ceases. It's as though millions of voices cried out in hope, then were suddenly silenced. Silliness aside, I am totally okay with this. Ever since I heard of the SSSP, this is basically what I expected. Off rails space PVP and nothing else. There'll be more to come with the next expansion, it's not like this is where the new content ends.

P.S.
When I had started writing this, nobody had responded after Eric yet XD Guess I missed my window.

NickM
10.08.2013 , 03:03 PM | #100
It will be free, that is correct!
I will pay you for it.

Seriously, let us throw money at you.