Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Diefenbaker
10.08.2013 , 01:53 PM | #21
It's not going to be XvT, but it has paintjobs so I can look fabulous when pewpewing things in SPACE. And it looks close enough to XvT anyway.

Most delicious news.

PvP only? While I don't care much for PvP on the ground... in space? YES PLEASE!
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

AlienEyeTX
10.08.2013 , 01:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Can someone from Bioware confirm if this expansion is PvP only?
I, too, am curious about this. I'm happy for the PvP, but wonder if there will be PvE missions as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Delta_V
10.08.2013 , 01:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Can someone from Bioware confirm if this expansion is PvP only?
From the sound of it, there will only be a pvp component to start with. But once the framework is in place, it should be *relatively* easy to implement a pve aspect, a la X-Wing, as well (all it should really need is halfway decent AI, and then mission scripting like any other content).

So even if it's pvp only to start with, once the framework is in place, I think pve missions based off it will be too big an opportunity to pass up.

Manteki
10.08.2013 , 01:54 PM | #24
Looks interesting, more fast past than say SW: Battlefront 2. Only real concern is can the Graphics engine handle 12 v 12 matches with all the fast pace action that will take place?

Lium
10.08.2013 , 01:54 PM | #25
This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"

UltimateKrucible
10.08.2013 , 01:55 PM | #26
Excellent! Looks good, and I can't wait till smashmonkeys find out that lightsabres don't work in space!
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

The_Grand_Nagus
10.08.2013 , 01:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
From the sound of it, there will only be a pvp component to start with.
Yes, I know that is how it sounds. That is why I am asking for confirmation from Bioware
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

DarthMaulUK
10.08.2013 , 01:58 PM | #28
Not on the Rails I hope.... Looks decent and PvP as well? TBH, I am SHOCKED and extending my sub right now(runs out tomorrow)
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

ZionHalcyon
10.08.2013 , 01:58 PM | #29
So it looks like due to the tech limitations, it is free flight yet still instanced and mission-based as 12v12 pvp. Which also tells me free flight but limited space.

I would LOVE some Free Flight PvE as well - think Space Operations/flashpoints. SWG had these, and the one over Kashyyyk was the absolute best and really made me feel like I was in Star Wars
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

Tatile
10.08.2013 , 01:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
This community is amazing (read: bad). BioWare finally announces the free flight space combat that everyone has been wanting, and the first several posts are, "Where's the PvE?, " and "This should have been in at launch." As opposed to just, "Cool! Thanks!"
Only two people have done that, I wouldn't say that's the whole community.