Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

DaftVaduhhh's Avatar


DaftVaduhhh
09.30.2013 , 08:54 PM | #121
Quote:
Would you expect that the time you spent dead will count toward your statistics?
Makes sense to me that it would count as time spent doing nothing rather than time removed from calculation.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

HBCentaurion's Avatar


HBCentaurion
10.01.2013 , 01:22 AM | #122
Keep up the good work man. I have tried MOX and TORparse, but PARSEC just blows them out of the water! I really like the minimalistic UI and the Damage Taken tab where everything is broken down to damage types. Our guild switches to PARSEC when it first came out, and we haven't looked back!

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
10.02.2013 , 08:50 AM | #123
I spend a lot of time in this thread answering questions or concerns but I wanted to take a minute and thank everyone who has said nice things about PARSEC. Your posts may get the least feedback but they mean the most to me. You are the reason I spend free time on PARSEC. So thanks for the kind words!

The other parsers are great tools and I spent a lot of time using them. I obviously "borrowed" good features from all of them. However, I wrote and support PARSEC because I wanted a tool that is actively developed by someone who is enthusiastic about SWTOR.

PARSEC has hit a couple milestones recently. It now has around 600 active raid groups and it hit an all time high yesterday of 100 concurrent raid groups and 500 concurrent raiders. I am pretty sure that my hosting provider hates me for how much we are pushing the limits of their services

So anyway, thanks for the support and keep the ideas coming!
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

arbaraith's Avatar


arbaraith
10.03.2013 , 04:38 PM | #124
I had to reinstall my PC recently. I installed AdobeAIR and PArsec. but it does not open
It opens the first window, checking program parameters then closes without any msg or error

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
10.03.2013 , 06:41 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by arbaraith View Post
I had to reinstall my PC recently. I installed AdobeAIR and PArsec. but it does not open
It opens the first window, checking program parameters then closes without any msg or error
I think you have parsec and torparse confused. Parsec does not use adobe air and does not have a window that Checks parameters.

Parsec requires MS .net 4.0 runtime, and does a quick check for updates when it starts.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
10.08.2013 , 07:19 AM | #126
So I decided to use parsec tonight. While I found the tanking information quite nice; I have found some pretty large discrepancies between parsec and torparse. Not only DTPS but DPS and APM.

I am submitting the log here for your inspection, along with the Torparse link.

Edit: Upon further inspection, almost no information from the two fights are the same. While I can confirm they are the same fight. One of them reads horribly inaccurate, the question is which. If there is more information I can give, I would be happy to. PM would probably be the best way to contact me.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Kuciwalker's Avatar


Kuciwalker
10.08.2013 , 10:16 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Unfortunately, the log files have some limitations when it comes to damage types and attack types. First, log files do not specify ranged/melee vs force/tech. Second, if an attack is avoided its damage type is not reported in the log. These limitations along with the complexity of the mitigation rules make it impossible to accurately display mitigation in seperate buckets.

With this in mind, i designed parsec to display total mitigation rates like this:

Avoided attacks / all attacks
Shielded attacks / all attacks

As a tank myself i find these statistics usefull in determining my performance and gear effectiveness even though they are not ideal.

It is possible to build a database of attacks and their attack type based on mitigation results over time, but this is more work than it is worth since it would be useless on new content.
I feel like a database of attack types would be so useful to be worth it. You could have the database automatically, provisionally classify attacks based on circumstantial evidence (if you see it dodged it is M/R, if shielded it is M/R or K/E, if resisted it is F/T, etc.) and then let some of the other number crunchers post more authoritative classifications that get marked in the database as confirmed.

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
10.08.2013 , 06:28 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
So I decided to use parsec tonight. While I found the tanking information quite nice; I have found some pretty large discrepancies between parsec and torparse. Not only DTPS but DPS and APM.

I am submitting the log here for your inspection, along with the Torparse link.

Edit: Upon further inspection, almost no information from the two fights are the same. While I can confirm they are the same fight. One of them reads horribly inaccurate, the question is which. If there is more information I can give, I would be happy to. PM would probably be the best way to contact me.
Actually, they are identical. The difference you are seeing is that TorParse's damage taken calculations include absorbed damage. If you add the Abs and total column from PARSEC you get 303614 which is the same as TorParse's numbers. This difference in calculation affects all of the damage taken numbers.

Now which is right? I dunno. As a tank myself I can see the value in both calculations. I will think about it some more. And if you have any feelings about it, share them and convince me to change it
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Hockaday's Avatar


Hockaday
10.08.2013 , 08:10 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Actually, they are identical. The difference you are seeing is that TorParse's damage taken calculations include absorbed damage. If you add the Abs and total column from PARSEC you get 303614 which is the same as TorParse's numbers. This difference in calculation affects all of the damage taken numbers.

Now which is right? I dunno. As a tank myself I can see the value in both calculations. I will think about it some more. And if you have any feelings about it, share them and convince me to change it
Unfortunately, they are still not identicle. Damage done, APM, healing recieved, etc is different. As well as fight time I believe.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
10.08.2013 , 10:22 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
Unfortunately, they are still not identicle. Damage done, APM, healing recieved, etc is different. As well as fight time I believe.
Yes some of the other numbers are slightly different. This difference is explained by how PARSEC deals with the combat end event. Because of the out of order logging that occurs with the combat end event each parser has a different approach to combat end. PARSEC opens a 1 second window after a combat end event in order to pick up any out of order combat events. Obviously this skews the numbers by 1 second.

So after reviewing your data I have decided to make two changes to PARSEC:

1) Combat end events will be handled the same way but calculations based on time will now use the last combat end event time instead of including the floating combat window.

2) Damage taken will now automatically include absorbed damage. I believe this will normalize the damage taken between fights since it will no longer be variable based on absorb shields effects applied to you.

After both of these changes were made the numbers line up with TorParse except for some rounded decimal place differences.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback and you should see these changes make it into the next release of PARSEC this week.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...