Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

YoshiRaphElan
10.01.2013 , 08:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
While I have no desire to have companions be the sole focus of a patch, I would love to see them get some attention. They've pretty much languished since launch

Lots more customizations.
Emotes like the companion dance. (and loop the companion dance like other dance emotes loop!)
New comments - some that are specific to affection and married state.
More cut-scenes, even if they are just repeatable fluff and don't have an arc.
More letters. (that really, really shouldn't be hard or time consuming to do!)
Up-grade class companions to be on par with HK and Treek.
Idle animations on the ships. (and remove the torso twist when you have them summoned.)
This is basically all I'd want to see. Repeatable conversations would be wonderful.

Nucairion
10.03.2013 , 02:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Wow. I must've caught all the anti-companion players today.

Seriously, though. SSSP -> Class Balance -> Companion update. Companions are a fun part of the game and a part that is important to me. A companion patch would be way more fun than that update (was it 2.1?) where everything was CM related.
i agree that companions are a fun part of the game but I do disagree they should release a companion only patch. if they could make a patch that included some companion changes great but not waste an entire 6week content update solely on companions.

here is how I I would have it done.

wait until a new EXPANSION where your adding a lot of new content or a good amount of new content where you can add a new chapter of class story or 2 new chapters maybe even 3 if they feel like it. add 2 new companions for each class 1 male one female. introduce the full SGR and also allow you to kill of companions like they allowed in orginal beta for awhile. if you kill one off you either have a choose to replace like for like with a new one or you loose that companion and can never get a replacement making you think before you act.

then introduce some new conversations and quests that develop the story further say u talked with ur love interest about kids maybe spring a kid into the story for companion??? but do it so it doesn't take the the sole focus of a patch but is seen as a nice addition to patch for those that like it and want it and isn't essential for those that don't care
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Costello
10.03.2013 , 05:47 AM | #23
Companions are one of the things that marked TOR as different.

Yet it does seem that BW have ignored the original companions offering only purchasable new companion every so often who have very little to offer in the way of the story.

While not an entire patch I do think BW need to look at the strengths of TOR and make sure they use the companions even if its as little as a few cut scenes to remind us that there are other healers than Treek and they have a role other that crafting missions.

Insidion
10.03.2013 , 05:58 AM | #24
Voice acting and animated cut scenes are cost prohibitive. They simply don't have the resources.
Mo'rg 55 Juggernaut Tank -- Prototype'X 55 Powertech Tank
Mor'goth 55 Sniper DPS -- Necrus 55 Assassin Tank

<The Culling>

CTFoxhound
10.03.2013 , 07:10 AM | #25
Alot of people say companions suck... well maybe this patch could make them good. I'm not so much into the boring cutscenes they have but maybe some REAL missions for them which you tag along on. Revamp their skills/abilities and maybe give them their own set gear that improves their character maybe obtained by completing the character mission. That would be cool.

Laiov
10.03.2013 , 07:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Change max affection to 15000
Yick, no thanks.

I like the idea of additional companion content, but am completely opposed to the idea of mooting all of the work it took to max out companion rep by raising the affection cap.
Main: 55 Sorcerer @ The Shadowlands
Origin: 50 Sniper @ Thana Vesh

TUXs
10.03.2013 , 08:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Insidion View Post
Voice acting and animated cut scenes are cost prohibitive. They simply don't have the resources.
I agree, but this is exactly why I feel they should allow you to reset your class quest as well as companion conversations. That money has already been spent...it would be a very cheap way to give the solo player a chance to re-do their class missions.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

CTFoxhound
10.03.2013 , 08:01 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Laiov View Post
Yick, no thanks.

I like the idea of additional companion content, but am completely opposed to the idea of mooting all of the work it took to max out companion rep by raising the affection cap.
well perhaps if it was story driven missions for the companions they would give incredible amounts of affection gain. like i said previously, if they had their own companion missions that we went on ourselves they would give maybe 500-750ish affection for the missions, u would have no problem capping it out

branmakmuffin
10.03.2013 , 08:28 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
/facepalm go learn some Star Wars lore pls
/facepalm

Go re-learn that the movies take place 100s of years after this game.

Excise
10.03.2013 , 01:37 PM | #30
Would love to see companions be more useful, but raising the affection cap higher would suck as, other than spending credits on gifts, there's no easy way to raise it anymore. The more recent missions have their affection gains few and far between.

Maybe have a daily area where each mission is handed out by one of your companions?