Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Failed to Update Host"

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
10.01.2013 , 01:01 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by RIOPRAYERS View Post
This is the one that worked for me this time: LauncherRepairUtility1_75_4... and not the LauncherRepairUtility1_75_5... If you have ESET nod32, disable it before the launch.
If you have ESET NOD 32 disable protocol filtering as well.

LordSerion
10.03.2013 , 01:29 AM | #32
Same problem again. Can't find the newest patch yet.

EDIT: Found it.

The last 3 patches all screwed my launcher up. I don't know how many of us face this issue.

harsak
10.03.2013 , 01:50 AM | #33
Same problem, and none of the patches work...
Edit: disabled nod was the sollution...

swtousab
10.03.2013 , 04:26 AM | #34
Guys, I just turned off all my defense in NOD Smart Security 6 and it allowed to update now!

LordZahlen
10.03.2013 , 06:36 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi RIOPRAYERS,

In order to resolve this issue, we ask that you follow the below steps exactly. If they are not followed in this order, the file may not execute correctly.
  1. Open your task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and ensure all SWTOR and Launcher processes have been shut down.
  2. Go to http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/Lau...lity1_75_5.exe. A window will open asking if you would like to save or run the file. Please select save.
  3. When the file has been downloaded, please copy the file to your install directory, the file is located by default in:
    1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
  4. When the file is in your install directory, double-click on it, and select “Run” and then “Extract” when prompted.
  5. When asked if you want to “replace” files, say “yes too all.”
  6. Once the installation is complete, please try launching the game again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow the instructions for your specific error message from our Trouble Shooting guide, found here.

Thank you!
I had the same problem at first. Tried the solution and it worked. I logged in, but I haven't started the game yet. Will let you know how and if it'll work.

It worked without a hitch. Finally a solution.

Kanders
10.03.2013 , 03:10 PM | #36
Bump for a friend
My referral link for anyone who wants 7 days free game time and a server tansfer- http://www.swtor.com/r/P7jtnS

Munchíes - Sniper, Shack - Sorcerer, Stickíe - Powertech

MegaBubble
10.03.2013 , 04:49 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi RIOPRAYERS,

In order to resolve this issue, we ask that you follow the below steps exactly. If they are not followed in this order, the file may not execute correctly.
  1. Open your task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and ensure all SWTOR and Launcher processes have been shut down.
  2. Go to http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/Lau...lity1_75_5.exe. A window will open asking if you would like to save or run the file. Please select save.
  3. When the file has been downloaded, please copy the file to your install directory, the file is located by default in:
    1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
  4. When the file is in your install directory, double-click on it, and select “Run” and then “Extract” when prompted.
  5. When asked if you want to “replace” files, say “yes too all.”
  6. Once the installation is complete, please try launching the game again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow the instructions for your specific error message from our Trouble Shooting guide, found here.

Thank you!
Okay, maybe I'm getting the underlined part wrong here: where exactly is my "install directory" located? Is that the folder found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic ?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

RIOPRAYERS
10.06.2013 , 07:17 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MegaBubble View Post
Okay, maybe I'm getting the underlined part wrong here: where exactly is my "install directory" located? Is that the folder found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic ?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.
"Remember to disable your virus protection" during the update... If you have ESET Nod32 you have to disable it to run the login update!!!

Shameen
10.30.2013 , 03:04 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by RIOPRAYERS View Post
"Remember to disable your virus protection" during the update... If you have ESET Nod32 you have to disable it to run the login update!!!
Holy cow. Thanks, dude. I've exluded the client from my NOD's protocol filter, and it looks like it works now. Гхыр, there was the same problem with "Alice: Madness returns" - Windows firewall made it crash every 10 minutes.

robertvarga
02.04.2014 , 08:14 AM | #40
Hello im new on the forum but i think this might be intresting for those ppl who are having trouble with the "failed host" and maybe the developers can look also into it.

So basically i had to reinstall my game after a fresh windows install yesterday and bum! my launcher coulednt update! So i tried to google my problem and founed the solution with LauncherRepairUtility. It fixed my problem and worked perfectly yesterday...........but today morning when i tried to logg in, got same annoying "failed host" error again...i tried to use the LauncherRepairUtility again but no results this time...i completley disabled antivirus and firewall, tried safe mode, compatilbility modes, run as admin, reinstall from newly downloaded setup several times, i even uninstalled + the game reinstalled it(custom destination folder).........nothing worked. So after the disapointing game failure i uninstalled my game completly!! again!!!! and as a last resolve i tried to install it again but this time i used the default install directory (c:/program files/...) instead of a my custom directory like i had before (c:/games/swtor) and gues what? woilaaa! it started updating my launcher, no more "failed host" or any other error. Its working like a charm.

ps. i did not start the game yet, waiting to finish the update process first, currently at 73%. Download speed is pretty good 5-7MB/s. If i encounter any other issue after the update i will come back here on the forum and post it and im sure i will press that "unsubrscribe" button. Its no use paying for a game that cannot be played

Spoiler