Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unintended Patch Download

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jankiel
10.02.2013 , 07:02 AM | #741
Quote: Originally Posted by kidatwood View Post
Are you guys still using dial up? I didn't know that still existed. If you are playing on dial up then it clearly states the game requires a high speed internet connection.
That ain't the point of the issue here.

kidatwood
10.02.2013 , 08:04 AM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
That ain't the point of the issue here.
How is it not if your using dial up and complaining about how long it takes to download then yes there is a point here. This isn't 1990's. Yes BW screwed up and so haven't a lot of other companies. If you have gone 3 days without playing because your on a outdated internet connection then you shouldn't be complaining it takes 3 days to download. I had the 12 gig patch downloaded in 40 minutes tops.

Theodisus
10.02.2013 , 08:18 AM | #743
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

We have seen that some of your are still having to download the 12 gig patch. We are investigating this with our Launcher team.

In the meantime, please do not post or use any workarounds. As we cannot predict how those workarounds will affect your files. The safest course of action is to only use fixes posted by an actual BioWare employee.

We apologize that some of you are still dealing with these issues.

Yeah running into this as well. I patched about 6 GBs of the 11 or so, and then stopped it, reading what was posted that if we waited until 01 OCT, we'd not have to DL the 11 GBs. So today, I launch and it scans ahead past the data I had DL'd a day or so ago, and then continues on downloading 5 GBs. To top it off, now I hear after this 11 GBs worth of data, that I already freaking should have, there is an additional 5 or 6 GBs of data? When is someone with some authority and the technical expertise to comment going to give some proper advice on how to fix this issue?

DarthEccen
10.02.2013 , 09:01 AM | #744
So, I was fortunate enough to not have to download any of these unintended patches, like, at all in the past two days. And I was lucky enough that I checked the forums and found this thread basically explaining the situation to me. So, I'm really just wondering, is it safe to play today? Do people that have not yet been affected by this issue only have to download the small patch? Or has this issue recently become more complicated than previously thought?

jankiel
10.02.2013 , 09:33 AM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by kidatwood View Post
had the 12 gig patch downloaded in 40 minutes tops.
I don't think there is much to discuss with someone from your viewpoint.

I don't have a crap 90s internet conections yet the download took me almost a whole day.

Point is lack of communication and incompetence.

CourtneyWoods
10.02.2013 , 09:38 AM | #746 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I have an update for you. Unfortunately, if you started downloaded the 12 gig patch on Monday, you will have to finish that download. There were multiple different builds that were incorrectly deployed that afternoon and you will have to download the 12 gig download to get the up to date version of the game.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to those affected. I know this isn't the ideal solution but this is the only safe fix to the problem other than reinstalling the game.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

dacentabaal
10.02.2013 , 09:50 AM | #747
Makes me thankful I was forced on a last minute holiday break for week last week and only patched last night when I got back lol, only had to download the latest asset and English language pack thing \o/ score
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

Andryah
10.02.2013 , 10:54 AM | #748
There were multiple different builds that were incorrectly deployed that afternoon

What the.....

No wonder there is so much confusion.

I could see one incorrect build escaping into the internet due to human error... but MULTIPLE???
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Theodisus
10.02.2013 , 11:46 AM | #749
Hey everyone,

I have an update for you. Unfortunately, if you started downloaded the 12 gig patch on Monday, you will have to finish that download. There were multiple different builds that were incorrectly deployed that afternoon and you will have to download the 12 gig download to get the up to date version of the game.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to those affected. I know this isn't the ideal solution but this is the only safe fix to the problem other than reinstalling the game.
Well it is nice to finally receive confirmation on what some (or many) of us have to do to play SWTOR again. However, with all the numerous posts and problems associated with this catastrophic failure by all in involved in the process, I think many of us that get to experience this would enjoy hearing what BioWare intends to do to fix the process. And, not only that, but giving 2 or 3 days credit to subscribers isn't asking too much. Asking for a week, yeah that's too much, but the company as a whole should apologize, e.g. the CEO and/or CIO, and offer some token of appreciation to their player base.

Nsephaosforeve
10.02.2013 , 03:07 PM | #750
So you still don't acknowledge the other patches that we have to DL after the first 12GB? My internet speed isn't that great so I've been downloading since you first posted that we should just patch to full. And, I'm down with that. Not your fault and all. I'm just kinda peeved about all this. Kinda sucks, but whatever. Just please for the love of the community I hope the Dev's don't ever let this happen again.