Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.4: The Dread War

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.4: The Dread War
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
10.01.2013 , 10:30 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi there! We are very excited to release Game Update 2.4: The Dread War today. This is our biggest Game Update since 2.0 and includes a story mission area with new missions on a new moon, two entirely new Operations, all new 4v4 Warzone gameplay and Arenas, class balance changes, three new sets of gear comprising some of the most powerful equipment in the galaxy, and new vehicles and mount rewards! Of course this all comes along with the normal assortment of bug fixes, game tweaks, and continued under the hood optimization tweaks.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

sandisrd
10.01.2013 , 11:16 AM | #2
Thank you for this, a great additions to already great game!...
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

LadyKulvax
10.01.2013 , 11:17 AM | #3
I am very pleasantly surprised by the Story in this update, I am surprised it wasnt further advertised.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

XanderDet
10.01.2013 , 11:35 AM | #4
So... what exactly was up with the patch released yesterday that broke most people's clients?

ImpactHound
10.01.2013 , 11:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I am very pleasantly surprised by the Story in this update, I am surprised it wasnt further advertised.
How much would you say is there? Somewhere between Makeb and CZ?

AlexThomasG
10.01.2013 , 11:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hi there! We are very excited to release Game Update 2.4: The Dread War today. This is our biggest Game Update since 2.0 and includes a story mission area with new missions on a new moon, two entirely new Operations, all new 4v4 Warzone gameplay and Arenas, class balance changes, three new sets of gear comprising some of the most powerful equipment in the galaxy, and new vehicles and mount rewards! Of course this all comes along with the normal assortment of bug fixes, game tweaks, and continued under the hood optimization tweaks.

Read More
So why did you lie about the patch? You said yesterday that if we waited until today we would not have to download the entire game and that it would be a smaller patch? That is obviously not the case? What is going on?!

immortal_subzero
10.01.2013 , 01:27 PM | #7
What did they do to balance classes? Did anyone get nerfed?

YoshiRaphElan
10.01.2013 , 02:21 PM | #8
Simply amazing! Loving Oricon! Especially the fact that it gives a bunch of high-tier gear for single-story rewards! Will make it really easy to gear up if I ever decide to do the Dread Masters ops (note I've never done Ops before which is why that's a conditional statement).

friendoflions
10.01.2013 , 02:28 PM | #9
Are we supposed to patch? I have opened my launcher, but haven't seen any patch?

JonathanCP
10.01.2013 , 02:29 PM | #10
Awesome update. Love Oricon. Great visuals. Great story.

thanks!!
If your thread title is not a variation on "open letter... BIOWARE,... fail... NOW!", then you are a fanboy