Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

YoshiRaphElan
10.01.2013 , 08:01 AM | #1
I am assuming either the next update or the one after will be the SSSP, but I have an idea for a near-future patch; that is to give us a companion-centric update. Change max affection to 15000 (adding a new achievement to get to 15000), add several new conversations for every companion, put all companions' starting costumes (as moddable) either on the CM or a vendor, and add new customizations for each companion, and a customization vendor on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and the Fleets.

Thoughts?

cycao
10.01.2013 , 08:32 AM | #2
Holy mother of no.

The last thing I want to see is a patch completely revolving around these guys on my ship that run missions for me.

Meteu
10.01.2013 , 08:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Holy mother of no.

The last thing I want to see is a patch completely revolving around these guys on my ship that run missions for me.
I second that "Holy mother of no" also

Darth_Victus
10.01.2013 , 09:04 AM | #4
An entire patch dedicated to companions, no.

However, I wouldn't mind a patch that contained (along with other content) stuff for our companions. Like an influence system to be able to sway your companions light or dark affinity.

Spoiler

TUXs
10.01.2013 , 09:07 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Holy mother of no.

THIS!

They're worthless. I would absolutely HATE to see even 5-minutes of developer time wasted on companions I never even see.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Alec_Fortescue
10.01.2013 , 09:24 AM | #6
I want some iconic Jedi robes and a hood toggle. That's all I need from this game.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Gomla
10.01.2013 , 09:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
THIS!

They're worthless. I would absolutely HATE to see even 5-minutes of developer time wasted on companions I never even see.
Going to have to agree with TUX.

At first they were interesting ..... 2 years ago when I first saw them.

Then, after realising how shallow the companion stories were and they were nothing more than combat bots and used in the worst crafting system i've ever seen in an MMO ever ....... I have zero interest in more companion content and would rather developer time be spent else where.

zachass
10.01.2013 , 09:40 AM | #8
I wouldn't mind expanded stories for a few companions, but the majority of them I couldn't care less about. What I wouldn't mind seeing is EVERY companion to be romancable by EVERY character. My female Merc needs some alone time with Mako, and my male Sorc really wants a crack at Khem Val's sexy ***.
The Thelema Legacy on The Shadowlands

stuffystuffs
10.01.2013 , 09:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
I am assuming either the next update or the one after will be the SSSP, but I have an idea for a near-future patch; that is to give us a companion-centric update. Change max affection to 15000 (adding a new achievement to get to 15000), add several new conversations for every companion, put all companions' starting costumes (as moddable) either on the CM or a vendor, and add new customizations for each companion, and a customization vendor on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and the Fleets.

Thoughts?
Nah, 2.5/2.6 will be CLASS BALANCING patches (or that's what they say ) and they'll finally answer the Shadow/Merc class questions around that time (if we are lucky)...no time for companions.
Node guarder

branmakmuffin
10.01.2013 , 09:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I want some iconic Jedi robes and a hood toggle. That's all I need from this game.
Relnex' gear. So you're halfway there.

Unless of course by "iconic" you mean what Jedi 100s of years in the future will wear.