Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Striges
09.28.2013 , 11:25 PM | #4081
@ Alaurin: Needles always seemed the worst of the bunch, but I never thought of him as Dr. Moreau. Until your story. You know he's doing experimentation, but still. Something about being trapped on Taris with Needles instead of riding in to shut him down, maybe. And I love (sort of) finding out what happened to the disappeared soldiers in the Trooper story.

@ Marissalf: The expansion on the joiner process was good, canon or no. It makes sense that the hive wouldn't want joiners to leave; your explanation of how it does that was perfectly reasonable. As was Kinka's thought process. The undestanding that the Killiks don't see things the same way as Humans. Not monsters, not evil, just alien. But it doesn't change the facts for her or Melodai, and that still hurts.

@ AgentJacen: Like the reunion. What are the odds that two siblings get together after so long apart, and on Korriban, no less? Interesting start.

@ Bright: Wynston's handling of Kaliyo is probably the only way a sane person could. She easily brings out the worst in everyone. And he has it exactly right: Kaliyo's minor retaliation is nothing compared to the the chaos of letting her think she has real leverage. Nice exchange.

Thanks for your glowing endorsement of Cleaner. I had a lot of fun channeling my inner literary agent and writing a 'back cover blurb' for his story as well as promo spots for the rest.

Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
"Archiban Frodick Kimble!" he growled. "My wife is not going out in public dressed like that! I am married to her, and I have never even seen her dressed like that!"

Kira's voice sounded amused. "Do you want to?"

"A conversation for another time," Jasin snapped.
This is an awesome exchange. I grinned through this whole story.

DarthSillyMonkey
09.29.2013 , 09:28 AM | #4082
I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire off six comments or only five?

Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the SFWCT, the most awesome forum thead in the world, and would blow your head clean off with the sheer number of stories posted, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel Commenty? Well, do ya, punk?

Yes. Yes I do.

Spoiler
"Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

frauzet
09.29.2013 , 12:27 PM | #4083
Comments and replies (omgomgomg)
Spoiler

I think Ru deserves a little rest and I'll pester the next Char

Prompt - Celebrations
Title - Graduation Party
Class - Trooper (Nikeo)
Words - About 580
Spoilers - no spoilers
Set before the Trooper story
Spoiler

Note
Spoiler
Storyindex in chronological order

...From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire... (Frost)

frauzet
09.29.2013 , 12:35 PM | #4084
Pictures of my Chars so far
Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
09.29.2013 , 01:48 PM | #4085
Thanks for the comments, everyone! Glad you enjoyed it!

Prompt - Vacation
Title - Going to Comic Con
Class - Trooper/Jedi Knight
No spoilers

Spoiler

frauzet
09.29.2013 , 02:02 PM | #4086
@YoshiRaphElan: Thorns wants me to order one of those Incredible Houk action figures. Skadge will love it!

YoshiRaphElan
09.29.2013 , 02:20 PM | #4087
Quote: Originally Posted by frauzet View Post
@YoshiRaphElan: Thorns wants me to order one of those Incredible Houk action figures. Skadge will love it!
If by "love it" you mean he'd beat his Captain Coruscant figure senseless with it...then yes, Skadge would love it.

Striges
09.29.2013 , 11:01 PM | #4088
@ Frauzet: Yay pictures! Nikeo's tattoo is the first thing I noticed in his pic. It was great to have the accompanying story as to how he got it.

@ YoshiRalphElan: Great convention. I love the idea that comics and graphic novels are as much a part inside the Star Wars universe as outside.

bright_ephemera
09.30.2013 , 05:51 AM | #4089
@YoshiRaphElan iamthehoyden originally suggested the Comic-Con I executed way back in the day...it's such a fun setting, isn't it? I can see Kira rocking the slave outfit if she wants to. "Do you want to?" "A conversation for another time" was fantastic. Ah, and I was feeling awful for Kira in your second piece - until the end, where it seems she's getting things under control!

@DarthSillyMonkey I didn't mean to suggest that Wynston recognizes he's hooked on Kaliyo, and I actually reworked the last sentence a couple of times, prior to posting, trying to remove that implication...he's pretty close at the time of that story but he won't realize it right up until the hour they part ways. If he's determined to keep her around and interested it's as a professional challenge, just part of personnel management. That is all. Yes. Obviously.

@frauzet, ahaha, Nikeo's graduation party sounds wild! I love his progress through the apartment figuring out what's what - among friends, thank goodness. And then pictures! Thorns and Arkeo look just like I imagined from your stories.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

YoshiRaphElan
09.30.2013 , 08:08 AM | #4090
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@YoshiRaphElan iamthehoyden originally suggested the Comic-Con I executed way back in the day...it's such a fun setting, isn't it? I can see Kira rocking the slave outfit if she wants to. "Do you want to?" "A conversation for another time" was fantastic. Ah, and I was feeling awful for Kira in your second piece - until the end, where it seems she's getting things under control!
Ah, yes, I knew you had written a piece about it but I thought I remembered you saying that it had come from someone else, I just couldn't remember who. So, props to @iamthehoyden!